Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jaylen gone??

2»

Comments

• BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Would Hop go big with next year's lineup?

Timmins
    Stewart
    McDanields (prayingdog.jpg)
    Carter
    Greene

I don't see Timmins getting any more minutes next year than he does now... just because Artem Wallace was once a senior didn't mean he was destined to start that year. He played 4.5 mins a game his senior season which was actually down from what he was used to. You play the talent... not the talentless.

I'd like to see:

5. BPJ/Roberts w/ Timmins getting his usual 5-10...

4. Stewart w/ Hamier Wright playing a flex 3/4... back to his natural position.

3. McDaniels w/ Naz Carter playing a flex 2/3.

2. Nowell w/ RaeQuan Battle in there to light up the perimeter.

1. Green w/ Hardy splitting pretty much equal time.

If Nowell moves on then Naz would simply start at the 2. Lets pray we land McDaniels. RaeQuan is too good to not give him ample time on the court his Freshman year. Dude is a more athletic CJ Wilcox.

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Timmins
    Stewart
    Carter
    Greene

I don't see Timmins getting any more minutes next year than he does now... just because Artem Wallace was once a senior didn't mean he was destined to start that year. He played 4.5 mins a game his senior season which was actually down from what he was used to. You play the talent... not the talentless.

I'd like to see:

If Nowell moves on then Naz would simply start at the 2. Lets pray we land McDaniels. RaeQuan is too good to not give him ample time on the court his Freshman year. Dude is a more athletic CJ Wilcox.

Jaylen is gonezo

• RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Jaylen wont leave unless he is firmly in the 1st round.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Timmins
    Stewart
    Carter
    Greene

I'd like to see:

I wish we had another Wilcox. Sweet 3 point stroke and solid defensively.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Jaylen wont leave unless he is firmly in the 1st round.

I cannot see him as a first rounder unless he puts the team on his back for a serious run in march. That's possible but not likely.

I agree though. He should stay unless he is sure he is going in the first round.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Nowell would be well served to come back for one more year while putting in work on rounding out his game for the NBA level. He's a back end of the 1st round pick at best right now and to me that isn't worth leaving school 2 years early for.

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2019-nba-mock-draft-dukes-zion-williamson-is-the-clear-top-pick-and-three-blue-devils-are-in-the-top-five/

Jaylen comes off as very thoughtful and understanding of the big picture around him. He's got a lot of people surrounding him that will give him the real truth about what is out there and the pro's and con's of a situation.

It's one thing if you're assured of getting guaranteed money and a lottery pick. But at this point, he's not guaranteed to get guaranteed money. Why go down that path if you don't need to?
    Tequilla said:

Nowell would be well served to come back for one more year while putting in work on rounding out his game for the NBA level. He's a back end of the 1st round pick at best right now and to me that isn't worth leaving school 2 years early for.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2019-nba-mock-draft-dukes-zion-williamson-is-the-clear-top-pick-and-three-blue-devils-are-in-the-top-five/

Jaylen comes off as very thoughtful and understanding of the big picture around him. He's got a lot of people surrounding him that will give him the real truth about what is out there and the pro's and con's of a situation.

It's one thing if you're assured of getting guaranteed money and a lottery pick. But at this point, he's not guaranteed to get guaranteed money. Why go down that path if you don't need to?

I go back and forth on this. Isaiah was the last pick in the draft and, while he wasn't getting a Max contract, was in talks for a life changing contract. So it can happen. But whether guaranteed or not, it totally depends on the team he'd get drafted to. And his desire for money now versus making a run in college and most likely more money a year from now.

On the team comment. If he's in the second round and getting drafted by a team where he'll sit. That's another notch in the stay in college list. He'll get more experience in college than sitting on the end of an NBA bench and only getting garage minutes. But if he thinks he can play 20 minutes a night, going out and making a few million is a good decision.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    2001400ex said:

Tequilla said:

I go back and forth on this. Isaiah was the last pick in the draft and, while he wasn't getting a Max contract, was in talks for a life changing contract. So it can happen. But whether guaranteed or not, it totally depends on the team he'd get drafted to. And his desire for money now versus making a run in college and most likely more money a year from now.

On the team comment. If he's in the second round and getting drafted by a team where he'll sit. That's another notch in the stay in college list. He'll get more experience in college than sitting on the end of an NBA bench and only getting garage minutes. But if he thinks he can play 20 minutes a night, going out and making a few million is a good decision.
    Yes, IT has shown that it is possible ...

But the % of guys that go through the 2nd round that either sit on the back end of benches or end up playing in Europe or the G League are far more numerous as examples.
    Tequilla said:

2001400ex said:

Tequilla said:

Yes, IT has shown that it is possible ...

But the % of guys that go through the 2nd round that either sit on the back end of benches or end up playing in Europe or the G League are far more numerous as examples.
    Yes exactly. I would say the same for half of the first round a well. How many kids picked ahead of Klay Thompson produced? Let alone kids picked after him. The difference is, of you are picked in the first half of the first round, you are set for life if you manage your money decently.

Number 15 pick last year was $6 million after two years, eligible for almost $15 million after 4.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelzer/2018/06/22/2018-nba-draft-1st-round-rookie-salary-projections/#71b379a6642d