Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Your most average, mediocre, middle-of-the-road type of moment in athletic competition?

Comments

• jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I won the mini golf competition at a birthday party one time
  • When I was in eighth grade I hit a running away from the basket, fade away 3 pointer, from 30 ft with a hand in the face at the buzzer. The crowd went wild!....we lost by 3.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    It’s a close call. It’s either getting a tactical nuke in MW2 or shooting 70 in the final round to finish 7th in the prestigious 2015 Lewis County Amateur. I’m leaning towards the nuke.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I feathered a 4 wood to within tap in distance for eagle at the Dawgman Tourney at Washington National leading my flock of ducks and Ted Miller to victory

It was my only contribution but still
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2019
    Best: As a 16yo, batting .750 with a few dingers for the u18 USA Reebok team in the final round robin. First time traveling to east coast and playing international teams.

Worst: Starting freshman spring scrimmage ball batting 0 for 12. First hit was a called bunt I beat out. I would have cut me then.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Just dropped 43 hit 11 threes. Made 2 kids fall on crossovers. Got a kid ejected.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Just dropped 43 hit 11 threes. Made 2 kids fall on crossovers. Got a kid ejected.

Still lost we were only playing with 4 because someone had a midterm in the AM lol.
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    8th grade hoops team played the Sehome Select team (same guys that would go on to win the 1996 state championship years later) and lost 129 - 29. Those dudes were a fucking machine.

• Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,309
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I co-founded the 40/40 challenge, wherein one runs a 40-yard dash after downing 40 ounces of their malt liquor of choice.

Did the Century Club with Mickey's and didn't puke. Probably my greatest achievement in life
  • TripleRainbowDawgTripleRainbowDawg Member Posts: 76
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I was playing a JV tennis doubles match at Mercer Island. My partner was a belligerent Danish exchange student named Christiaan. But he wanted to be called just “Chris,” and developed a mantra : “Call me Chris or DRINK MY PISS!” (Maybe he was atheist, IDK) The MI oppos disregarded his wishes just to get under he skin. He also suspected them of cheating on line judgments. He became so enraged that he twice jumped the net to confront them and had to be physically restrained. We were DQ’d, which rarely happened in JV tennis. As we were walking back to bus he served a ball from about 90 yards and hit the guy in the back, threw up both hands and went “AAAAAGGGH” Viking marauder style.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2019

in high school a dude jumped completely over my head and Vince Carter’d me

In a strange juxtaposition, The Throbber got teabagged by Shag Williams on a viscous baseline drive, two handed jam when Davis was ranked #1 in the state.

Should have been a charge but the ref swallowed his whistle at the ferocity of the act.
  • ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Chipped/pitched in for an eagle 2 from about 85 - 90 yards out at Cascade.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Slapped the backboard in a weak attempt to block a fast beak layin.

Got Teed up.

Ref and I both had the same first/last name.

FTG.