Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

David Lee Roth's recent appearance on JRE has me on a VH listening binge now

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Greatest rock band of all tim (before David Lee Roth left). That tournament that was run on here was fucking bullshit. I will fight you at 7-11 in Gorst if you disagree.

Listen Fuck Face, don’t blame me, the tournament host, if you don’t like how people voted. IFL Van Halen and voted for them deep into the tourney.
  • El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,085
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    VH is my favorite band of all time. But that interview was all over the place. Everybody knows the VH brothers basically have a gag in Roth’s mouth that states he can’t talk about VH.

The brothers would have been eaten alive if the internet was around in 1985. As 15 year old kid and my favorite band just released one of their biggest albums and broke up. Imagine the news we would have gotten back then. Instead of reading your friends copy of Shit Parader.

EVH would rather sell Converse knock off shoes than put out music. Sometimes I wonder if I chose the wrong favorite band of all time when I was 7 to 9 years old.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I want that Izod shirt and white belt badly.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I want that Izod shirt and white belt badly.
    Chick magnet.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But he drank a gallon of cum and had to have his stomach pumped
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    El_K said:

Jeff Beck's cum....
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I drove from Shasta City over the pass to Ashland with Jamie's crying on repeat coming back from the 99 Holiday Bowl

One of the greatest songs ever
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    El_K said:

VH is my favorite band of all time. But that interview was all over the place. Everybody knows the VH brothers basically have a gag in Roth’s mouth that states he can’t talk about VH.

The brothers would have been eaten alive if the internet was around in 1985. As 15 year old kid and my favorite band just released one of their biggest albums and broke up. Imagine the news we would have gotten back then. Instead of reading your friends copy of Shit Parader.

EVH would rather sell Converse knock off shoes than put out music. Sometimes I wonder if I chose the wrong favorite band of all time when I was 7 to 9 years old.

When I was 3 years old I settled on KISS and Styx. Get on my level.
    Swaye's Wigwam

El_K said:

When I was 3 years old I settled on KISS and Styx. Get on my level.
    Shit @Dennis_DeYoung when you were listening to all the shit, lil' Yella Piss had bought his first cassette which was Revolver. I "got it" regarding Tomorrow Never Knows before hitting (slow strategy) puberty.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gobs of free pub on this pod from Diamond Dave. He basically told @RaceBannon to Fuck Off by saying Rod Stewart was GOAT. Said Ricky Ricardo @creepycoug was his all tim favorite Kooban.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    El_K said:

fake news

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/rock-star-stomach-pump/
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Greatest rock band of all tim (before David Lee Roth left). That tournament that was run on here was fucking bullshit. I will fight you at 7-11 in Gorst if you disagree.

Led Zeppelin or fuck off anus. Jimmy Page never played a fucking sythesizer, and Robert Plant was the original hard rock lead singer ... that to which Diamond Dave aspired, but failed to achieve, even with his kung fu antics and colorful (yet faggy) tights.

Zepellin also never had to resort to any of those 80s corn ball parlor tricks in their music, like dubbing in "cool" conversations between band members in their music. "Come on Dave, give me a break. One break. Coming up!" Almost as bad as Crue's stupid, "Hey Tommy. Check it out. What Vince? Over there!" in Girls Girls Girls. Makes me cringe with embarrassment every fucking time.

Shit's for amateurs.
    El_K said:

You did.

They were a slightly edgier, and thus better, hair band than that rest of the crap that wound up dominating the 80s. That is, before the synthesizer came in and before they popped up their act. The first album and Diver Down were the best. Down hill after that.

Gobs of free pub on this pod from Diamond Dave. He basically told @RaceBannon to Fuck Off by saying Rod Stewart was GOAT. Said Ricky Ricardo @creepycoug was his all tim favorite Kooban.

Trust me on this: there's not a single Cuban alive who gives two shits about Diamond Dave.

He was for sure the best lead man for VH, but as a band, they're a B+ on the all tim list. Please. Those guys are fags.

I drove from Shasta City over the pass to Ashland with Jamie's crying on repeat coming back from the 99 Holiday Bowl

One of the greatest songs ever

If the list is long, I'll grant you it's a good one. Doesn't make a short list.

I demand a pole!
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Z

Led Zeppelin or fuck off anus. Jimmy Page never played a fucking sythesizer, and Robert Plant was the original hard rock lead singer ... that to which Diamond Dave aspired, but failed to achieve, even with his kung fu antics and colorful (yet faggy) tights.

Zepellin also never had to resort to any of those 80s corn ball parlor tricks in their music, like dubbing in "cool" conversations between band members in their music. "Come on Dave, give me a break. One break. Coming up!" Almost as bad as Crue's stupid, "Hey Tommy. Check it out. What Vince? Over there!" in Girls Girls Girls. Makes me cringe with embarrassment every fucking time.

Shit's for amateurs.
    JFC @creepycoug you ignorant slut. Led Zeppelin brought in the synths for their last LP in 1979 and who knows what other trendy stuff they would have done in the 80's had Bonham not sold the couch.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    VH was the American Led Zeppelin
    Blasphemy!!!!!