Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jaylen gone??

DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bit odd in how Hop talked through this clip, seems like you could read into it a bit

Comments

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Domicillo said:

Bit odd in how Hop talked through this clip, seems like you could read into it a bit
    No surprise, at all.
    Would Hop go big with next year's lineup?

Timmins
    Stewart
    McDanields (prayingdog.jpg)
    Carter
    Greene
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Timmins
    Stewart
    Carter
    Greene

Battle as sixth man off the bench. And Hamier Wright coming in for Timmins. I wouldn't be surprised if wright plays more than Timmins. Hopkins likes to play him at center on defense and we won't need much offense with that roster. Tonight there were a few plays with him and Dickerson in where Dickerson was playing D at the 3 point line with Wright at the center.

Timmins
    Stewart
    Carter
    Greene

What in the world is Timmins doing in this hypothetical lineup?
    Just a hunch. You starting Wright over him? Or you got Stewart and McDaniels as bigs and starting one of the wings - Bey or Battle maybe?
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    If he goes he goes. But he's not gonna be taken anytime early. Certainly not as early as he would like. He needs to be a more consistent player.
    dhdawg said:

If he goes he goes. But he's not gonna be taken anytime early. Certainly not as early as he would like. He needs to be a more consistent player.

The NBA doesn’t draft consistency, it drafts potential, and upperclassmen are seen as having less potential. It’s probably the right move for him. The significant progress in his 3 point shot makes this the best time for him to go.
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Timmins
    Stewart
    Carter
    Greene

If we are going big next year I’d prefer BPJ instead of Timmins, assuming some improvement. He’s the protypical center in Hop’s D. Not sure there’s enough shooting in that lineup, but he’s probably more useful than Timmins with his length alone.

3pt shooting next season is going to be a problem.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I don’t understand the Wright hate. Yeah he’s not great offensively but he’s a borderline elite 4 in the 2-3. He has the length, mobility, and the timing you want from the 4. He can even play the 5. He’s a great shot blocker.

Who plays a 2-3? And Wright frequently plays a 5 in our 4-1 zone. He's quicker on the rotation than Timmins and Dickerson when the other team gets 2 people inside our 4. OSU had that opportunity a bunch in OT last night and couldn't get the ball in to them.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Nowell is the most talented/highest upside player we have had in a long long time. He’s been gone. Would be amazing if he pulled a Lockner.
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2019

Wright will get better offensively. There are times when he shows a good feel, Nifty passes, and touch on his shot. With another season of development on his ball handling and some much needed confidence I could see him being a really good cog to an offensive system as a low post passer and when singled a guy who can make a move and get to the rim. This is a Sark type player. Under LR we could expect Wright to be Darnell Gant, ie the same guy for his entire career, but with Hop I expect to see more from him as an upperclassmen. Sam Timmons got better. Hameir has a better toolbox than Sam.

I like Wright. What scares me is that he hasn’t seemed to be improve his offensive game at all since last year.

He’s an absolute nightmare trying to break a press, though that mostly falls on Hop for putting him in that situation.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wright has shown he can hit a three from tim to tim and is a fairly adept passer. I saw none of that as a freshman. If you think he looks scared at times this year go back and watch the few minutes he played last year. He is getting better. the hope is for him to take one step forward next year and another the year after. If that happens he will be an asset to what will hopefully be our third straight tourney team. He is not a five or four star guy. He is a three star with a good toolbox to build with. Height, length, vert. He just needs more tim.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,792
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

I don’t understand the Wright hate. Yeah he’s not great offensively but he’s a borderline elite 4 in the 2-3. He has the length, mobility, and the timing you want from the 4. He can even play the 5. He’s a great shot blocker.

Who plays a 2-3? And Wright frequently plays a 5 in our 4-1 zone. He's quicker on the rotation than Timmins and Dickerson when the other team gets 2 people inside our 4. OSU had that opportunity a bunch in OT last night and couldn't get the ball in to them.
    You know what i mean.

I’m being technical here.
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Wright has shown he can hit a three from tim to tim and is a fairly adept passer. I saw none of that as a freshman. If you think he looks scared at times this year go back and watch the few minutes he played last year. He is getting better. the hope is for him to take one step forward next year and another the year after. If that happens he will be an asset to what will hopefully be our third straight tourney team. He is not a five or four star guy. He is a three star with a good toolbox to build with. Height, length, vert. He just needs more tim.

Huh? https://247sports.com/Player/Hameir-Wright-85264/high-school-147947/

He shot 27% from 3 last year versus 20% this year. I do think he’s got some good passing ability but I don’t think he’s grown a ton since last year. He plays primarily because he’s very good in the zone. Offensively he looks about the same as last year if not worse.
    Well if you're going to go off real stats and not the ones in my head, well then yeah, I guess he's regressed. I just like the kid and think he's got a shot to be pretty good for us.
    I do too. He is a great fit for the zone and plays hard. Just wish he’d have taken a step forward on O this year. He does have the raw tools so perhaps a breakout year is coming down the road.