Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rome Odunze, 2020 4* WR, Las Vegas (Bishop Gorman), NV (COMMITTED)

Comments

• LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Does a world exist where we take 4 or would that throw everything out of balance?

I’m need superiority depth chart guy to answer this one.

Always be depth superiority guy after watching the dynasty’s of college football like the 2000 Miami UDUB beat where Vince Wilfork, Sean Taylor, Antrel Rolle, Willis Mcgahee, Frank Gore, and Andre Johnson didn’t see the field cuz they were so loaded.

But with a small senior class and a 21 class loaded with talent I don’t see UDUB taking 4. They weren’t willing to recruit more than 2 at a time this year and the west coast was stacked. I see two at the most if you get Wilson and McMillan. Maybe three if you miss on one of those.
    Next year is way more stacked receiver class than this and this year UW lost zero receivers while next year they lose four.

I wouldn’t be shocked if we take four next year, at all.
    Which year 2020 or 2021. I can see 3 this year and then next year you have the in-State kids with Beaux Collins and that Troy Franklin kid and thats just within the top 150 probably. What also has to be taken in account, while none of us actually see Ty Jones declaring early, you have to prepare for the worst so that would allow us to get one more, hence the Loya offer to get in the good graces of SJB and Beaux Collins. I’m also not sure how often we’ve taken 3 or more since Pete has been here.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Does a world exist where we take 4 or would that throw everything out of balance?

Always be depth superiority guy after watching the dynasty’s of college football like the 2000 Miami UDUB beat where Vince Wilfork, Sean Taylor, Antrel Rolle, Willis Mcgahee, Frank Gore, and Andre Johnson didn’t see the field cuz they were so loaded.

But with a small senior class and a 21 class loaded with talent I don’t see UDUB taking 4. They weren’t willing to recruit more than 2 at a time this year and the west coast was stacked. I see two at the most if you get Wilson and McMillan. Maybe three if you miss on one of those.
    Next year is way more stacked receiver class than this and this year UW lost zero receivers while next year they lose four.

Which year 2020 or 2021. I can see 3 this year and then next year you have the in-State kids with Beaux Collins and that Troy Franklin kid and thats just within the top 150 probably. What also has to be taken in account, while none of us actually see Ty Jones declaring early, you have to prepare for the worst so that would allow us to get one more, hence the Loya offer to get in the good graces of SJB and Beaux Collins. I’m also not sure how often we’ve taken 3 or more since Pete has been here.
    We’ve taken at least three every year except the one.

And I’m saying the 2020 receiver class in the west is much deeper than the 2019. I agree 2021 looks even better, particularly from a UW perspective.
  • HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

And I’m saying the 2020 receiver class in the west is much deeper than the 2019. I agree 2021 looks even better, particularly from a UW perspective.
    Awesome. So we can miss on all of our big 2020 targets as long as we do well in 2021.

Awesome. So we can miss on all of our big 2020 targets as long as we do well in 2021.

No
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Domicillo said:
    Get this guy on the hook now. He's not going to stay 3* and the big names, if they haven't already, will be on him.
    Domicillo said:
    Basically says he wants to check us out along with all the other west coast schools after just getting back from checking out West Virginia, Pitt, Duke, and Penn State who offered on his visit just barely getting an offer to him before us. I wanna say UDUB was offer number 12.

He said UDUB is an “uprising program” (all uprising and anarchy credited to @DerekJohnson books dot com), and is familiar with us because of former Bishop Gorman teammate “JEFFREY” Ulofoshio (I’m just as surprised that he goes be Jeff as you are).

Sounds like for some reason he’s enamored with UCLA. He cited DTR and Jimmie Dougherty for the interest he has for them.

His QB Micah Bowens just committed to Penn State so I’m not sure if that helps us or hurts us.

This is going to be a really fucking weird year at WR which is weird because we’ve never had better chances than this year to land the two biggest fish on the west coast. Hopefully we get to choose between Rome, GBJ, Josh Jackson as the third option instead of whiffing on at least one of those guys and NEEDING to take Logan Loya as the third guy.
    Again, I’d kill babies for Wilson, McMillan, and Rome as our WR group this year but fuck I love Korey Foreman so much especially the idea of him and JTT in the same class, that I want Gary Bryant so we can have an ally against USC and all their Centennial alumni.
  • HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

No
    Wooooosh
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman wide out Rome Odunze has seen his recruitment explode this spring and he said Washington and Tennessee are slated to get unofficial visits from him soon and he just recently visited UCLA for an unofficial
    Swaye's Wigwam

Domicillo said:

Again, I’d kill babies for Wilson, McMillan, and Rome as our WR group this year but fuck I love Korey Foreman so much especially the idea of him and JTT in the same class, that I want Gary Bryant so we can have an ally against USC and all their Centennial alumni.

we can all agree that Wilson and McMillan are guys you take 100% of the time and find a way to make it work numbers-wise. We could have Rome, Bryant & Loya committed already and they should still be pursuing Wilson and McMillan hard.
    The only wrong way to do WR recruiting is to do what we did this year and convince ourselves our top choices were coming in the spring and then be standing their holding our dicks in our hand halfway through the summer.
    Gettin this kid locked up as an earlier Taj Davis while we pursue the dynamic duo would be huge also because next year Lonyatta even at 6’3, jabez, and Emeka are all of smaller stature and Beaux Collins doesn’t quite have that length. This is a guy who McMillan and Wilson steal all his headlines and go pro and as a RS-JR Rome steps in outside as a rare size guy.
    I can't see any similarities between Odunze and Davis other than the modest rating and that's not going to oersist. Odunze will go up,probably way up. I suspect you'll drop the comparison when that happens.
    chuck said:

Domicillo said:

we can all agree that Wilson and McMillan are guys you take 100% of the time and find a way to make it work numbers-wise. We could have Rome, Bryant & Loya committed already and they should still be pursuing Wilson and McMillan hard.
    The only wrong way to do WR recruiting is to do what we did this year and convince ourselves our top choices were coming in the spring and then be standing their holding our dicks in our hand halfway through the summer.
    Gettin this kid locked up as an earlier Taj Davis while we pursue the dynamic duo would be huge also because next year Lonyatta even at 6’3, jabez, and Emeka are all of smaller stature and Beaux Collins doesn’t quite have that length. This is a guy who McMillan and Wilson steal all his headlines and go pro and as a RS-JR Rome steps in outside as a rare size guy.
    I can't see any similarities between Odunze and Davis other than the modest rating and that's not going to oersist. Odunze will go up,probably way up. I suspect you'll drop the comparison when that happens.
    I think he just means that he'd be a quality piece who you lock up to free you to concentrate on your elite targets at the top of the class.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Domicillo said:

I think he just means that he'd be a quality piece who you lock up to free you to concentrate on your elite targets at the top of the class.
    Yeah I think he means that too. He's going to end up 4* and not be an early commit though. Hes just being thought of in that way due to his current rating.
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Domicillo said:

Yeah I think he means that too. He's going to end up 4* and not be an early commit though. Hes just being thought of in that way due to his current rating.
    He's already a 4* and ranked #207 in the country on 247
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Domicillo said:

He's already a 4* and ranked #207 in the country on 247
    Yeah he made a huge jump in 247's ratings right after The Opening. Odunze's tape reminds me more of Ty Jones than Taj Davis.
    But faster and way more dangerous with the ball.

I didn't realize he had a 4* rating. I tend to not see the 247 rankings until later in the season, so whatever the thread title here shows is gospel to me.