Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ethan Garbers, 2020 4* QB, Newport Beach (Corona Del Mar), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Buff - Jordan sucked until he proved that he did not suck
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,814
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Anyone really hate money and pay to read lars shit? He seems to know all the guys that gerbs is going to help recruit.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't mind this. Obviously we all wish it was DJ or Bryce Young, but if you don't get an elite guy, there aren't going to be many recruits interested in battling Huard.
  • Options
    BlastDoor said:

Buff - Jordan sucked until he proved that he did not suck

And yet with every single post you prove that you suck more
    Ok
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I don't gargle for Garbers
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

I don't gargle for Garbers

It only matters who we get in 2021!
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't mind this. Obviously we all wish it was DJ or Bryce Young, but if you don't get an elite guy, there aren't going to be many recruits interested in battling Huard.

How many times do we have to prove this narrative false? Recruit great talent at every position, every year.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If we fucked then we would’ve gotten a tier 1 guy (Ukelele or Bruce) to come battle Sirmon/Yankoff/Haener for the job in 2020. Best of the bunch would emerge, no issues with incumbency.

Where I differ with some people is that I think he coaches clearly think Garbers is their #3 West coast QB, and I’ll trust them on that much.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    The Jack Browndawg era is over. Gargles has to be be see as more than a gaye-man-ager by Pete and Co.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    kh83 said:

How many times do we have to prove this narrative false? Recruit great talent at every position, every year.
    That wasn't even the narrative I was using. Quarterback is it's own beast in terms of recruiting and you can't really compare it to anything else. No one was complaining this much about Dylan Morris committing, but at the very least Garbers and Morris are comparable players.

I agree with everyone else that Bryce Young would've been a better pick-up, but I'd take Garbers over taking no one given what can happen to QB depth.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,814
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

kh83 said:

That wasn't even the narrative I was using. Quarterback is it's own beast in terms of recruiting and you can't really compare it to anything else. No one was complaining this much about Dylan Morris committing, but at the very least Garbers and Morris are comparable players.

I agree with everyone else that Bryce Young would've been a better pick-up, but I'd take Garbers over taking no one given what can happen to QB depth.
    Cause we’re pissed about two yrs in a row with meh quality qb’s. Thank god for huard or we’d all be drinking chlorine smelling kool-aid.
  • Options

Completely depth. I think Petersen learned his lesson post Moore at Boise State, where he struggled with limited QB depth / options. Still can't believe, well I guess I can, that Sark lost to that QB in the Vegas bowl. Gotta have options in the QB room, and you never know if your 5 star is Max Browne, or your 3 star is Dak Prescott. What I'm saying is it's good to have options at one of the two positions that touches the ball on virtually every offensive play. Also, probably helps a little with Redman. #whiteguymovement #okgmovement

Why are our fucking fans so dumb?

He sucks. The end.

We are kicking off our class with a shitty white kid from Cali as the guy who is going to lead us to Smalls, Ringo, Johnny Wilson etc...

lol

Better idea would’ve been to pass this year. Or better yet - Get Bryce Young like we should have.
    Why must you overreact negatively to everything that isn't exactly what you want. Bryce Young does not want to compete. He wants to be handed the job at SC after JT Daniels and that's why he's going there. UW's QB depth chart scared him.

Garbers doesn't suck. He just has average tangibles right now. If he has above average intangibles he could be really good. He's solid. Best available. You never want to be thin at QB. Not taking a QB is not an option. When Sirmon wins the job after Eason, Haener and Yankoff will be gonezo.
    Wow strongarmcobra with a reasonable post
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    First, he doesn't suck. Good size, good arm, good athleticism. Whether that turns into something at QB, you just have to LIPO. It'd be better if he showed an outstanding tool, but sometimes that turns out to be the mental aspect.

Second, he's better than Bryce Young unless you want your QB to be a runner who throws once in a while. We don't seem to want that.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Even though I want to say how much I think his film is blahhhhhhhhhh at least he appears willing to recruit for us, unlike Dylan Morris.

So does this make us a real contender from John Humphreys or has his Stanford ship already sailed?
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

This kid sucks.

Bryce Young?

Oh wait - the white kid, that’s right.