Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Now I know why you're F'd up!

2»

Comments

• Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

my brother overdosed on weed drugs

may he RIP in peace

Join him
    dont get all butthurt because you were not only wrong in that other thread, but you were wrong when going to bat for steve king :D
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,358
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

may he RIP in peace

Join him
    dont get all butthurt because you were not only wrong in that other thread, but you were wrong when going to bat for steve king :D
    Going to bat for

Sure

You got your asss handed to you

I used the New York Times as a source

Are they lying?

You suck at this
  • Options

may he RIP in peace

Join him
    Going to bat for

Sure

You got your asss handed to you

I used the New York Times as a source

Are they lying?

You suck at this
    You were wrong. Just own it like a man.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No he got removed

You lied
  • Options

No he got removed

You lied

Yeah, when it didnt matter. Like I said the whole time. You were wrong. Be a man about it. Or at least move on like it never happened because what youre doing now is just embarrassing for you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

Sledog likes to capitalize random words for no apparent reason.

Others do it because they're stoned, he does it because he's a fuckin' retard.

Just picked up an ounce for 220. Prices dropping like a rock

Seriously, have you heard of this crazy shit happening to people? My nephew apparently became afflicted by this. Puking for days, extremely hot shower for hours was the only relief. I guess he can't ever smoke or ingest it again. Sucks for him but I would really like to know what the fuck is going on with this shit.
    I had it. At the ER, they thought it was diabetic gastroparesis, and gave me Reglan aka metoclopramide via IV. It went away in seconds.

I have an episode about once every couple years. I now have a Reglan scrip so I can keep it at home in injectable form and avoid the ER.

Give up weed? No fucking chance.
    Sorry dude that sounds awful. Until last year I had never heard of any of this shit. I remember intentionally smoking as much weed as we could to see if we could get any more stoned. Never seemed to work.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've only been smoking for 48 years so it's hard to say but I've never come close to getting sick

Sapphire and a fresh bowl....
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Legit, may know someone this applies to. Other than causing cancer (taking smoke into lungs, still bad last I checked), its a great band aid for a lot of folks in its other iterations.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sledog said:
    There is no free lunch when it comes to medicines. You may not consider marijuana a medicine but I and other physicians do. And any medicine has side effects, especially with long-term use.

This is no doubt true, but if you think about it, it's true of pretty much anything you consume.

Heavy consumption of peanut butter over the long term will have consequences. Red meat, animal protein of any kind, alcohol, sugar, corn, flour-based anything, really all carbs, etc. etc.

We can do this all day. And of course, smoking cigarettes will kill you about as fast as anything.

Let's make all of that shit illegal because people who are partial to 1950s-era concepts of right and wrong are simply uncomfortable with weed and think the world will go to hell in a hand basket otherwise.

I have asked by father and my father-in-law at least 100 x to make a case for why weed is a bad thing. Mind you, they were both heavy fucking drinkers and have paid the price health-wise and with many of their relationships. They just can't fucking see it. Boozing is different. They don't know why, they don't know how, they just think society is fucked with all this free pot shit.

Unbelievable.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Smoking Marijuana is for people who are weird and not normal. I.e., 99.9% of HH poasters.

HTH

#warondrugs

• Options

may he RIP in peace

Join him
    Steve King is a HH Hero! Now why are you still here?
  • Options
    I drink my problems away like an adult
  • Options

Sledog said:
    There is no free lunch when it comes to medicines. You may not consider marijuana a medicine but I and other physicians do. And any medicine has side effects, especially with long-term use.

This is no doubt true, but if you think about it, it's true of pretty much anything you consume.

Heavy consumption of peanut butter over the long term will have consequences. Red meat, animal protein of any kind, alcohol, sugar, corn, flour-based anything, really all carbs, etc. etc.

We can do this all day. And of course, smoking cigarettes will kill you about as fast as anything.

Let's make all of that shit illegal because people who are partial to 1950s-era concepts of right and wrong are simply uncomfortable with weed and think the world will go to hell in a hand basket otherwise.

I have asked by father and my father-in-law at least 100 x to make a case for why weed is a bad thing. Mind you, they were both heavy fucking drinkers and have paid the price health-wise and with many of their relationships. They just can't fucking see it. Boozing is different. They don't know why, they don't know how, they just think society is fucked with all this free pot shit.

Unbelievable.
    I would get along great with your parents.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,158

I've only been smoking for 48 years so it's hard to say but I've never come close to getting sick

This explains so much.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

Sledog likes to capitalize random words for no apparent reason.

Others do it because they're stoned, he does it because he's a fuckin' retard.

Just picked up an ounce for 220. Prices dropping like a rock

Seriously, have you heard of this crazy shit happening to people? My nephew apparently became afflicted by this. Puking for days, extremely hot shower for hours was the only relief. I guess he can't ever smoke or ingest it again. Sucks for him but I would really like to know what the fuck is going on with this shit.
    I had it. At the ER, they thought it was diabetic gastroparesis, and gave me Reglan aka metoclopramide via IV. It went away in seconds.

I have an episode about once every couple years. I now have a Reglan scrip so I can keep it at home in injectable form and avoid the ER.

Give up weed? No fucking chance.
    Sorry dude that sounds awful. Until last year I had never heard of any of this shit. I remember intentionally smoking as much weed as we could to see if we could get any more stoned. Never seemed to work.
    It's pretty fucked up, that's for sure. I would normally only go to the ER if my arm got blown off, or say an eye got gouged out or something, but this shit was enough to get me to go to the ER. The first time, they ran every diagnostic test they had and in the end called it gastroparesis, and said maybe an anti-nausea medicine would help. They started the Reglan IV, and within about 5 minutes, I was ready to roll out of there.

About two years later, it happened again, and again they wanted to run all the tests. I said no dice, try the Reglan first. Just like the first time, it worked like a charm and I was on my way just minutes after the IV started. I had another episode about 3 weeks ago. Puking like a fucker, severe abdominal pain, and only a hot shower making me feel human. This time I did the at-home shot in the arm, and that took care of it after about an hour. Not the quick fix the IV was, but no ER visit either.

I was thinking 300 bones for a trip to the ER once every 2-3 years was worth it because I like taking the pot. A lot. But now all it takes is a 30 dollar scrip copay and a horse needle in the arm to get me on the straight and narrow again.

I smoked weed in pretty large quantities for more than 30 years before my first episode, and I'd never heard of it either until one of my dads emailed me an article about this new "syndrome" a couple years ago. When I read a description of the effects, I said yep - that's what I have, not gastroparesis. Whatever you call it, it's fucked up.