Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Basketball

Watched a bit of the UW-CAL game last night and anybody raved-out about Husky basketball in 2014 probably needs a doog purge. I only watched about 10-12 minutes... just enough to see UW score one or two baskets while CAL built a 14-16 point lead. It was pathetic and worse than usual. The Bears may be good this year as they usually are in the round ball game, but surely not that good.

What's it going to take for UW to ever have a competitive basketball program? It would be nice to even say ever again when asking that question, but that would be misleading in my mind. The current coach has had a couple of tourney teams during his tenure at Montlake, but nothing that IMO came close to establishing his program as competitive or long-lasting in terms of what we should expect. It's been obvious for years now that UW needs a new coach, but at times it seems like Lake Washington must dry-up before such a drastic change can be made. The last time and perhaps the only time in my memory that we had even entertainingly competitive basketball teams was when Marv Harshman was coach and the UW's response to that was to force the man into premature retirement rather than build the facility he deserved. The history of Husky basketball has always been that kind of a joke.

I don't give a damn about what the Pac-12(10,8) does in basketball this year or any year for as a basketball conference, it has perennially sucked hind tit ever since John Wooden retired and that was a long time before the Westwood legend passed away. I'm purposely forgetting Lute Olsen's amazing accomplishments in Tucson for that must have been a desert aberration. What I've been hoping for these past 50 years since I was a UW student is that the UW, as the primary university stuck within the urban mire of a large city, would someday decide to commit to the development of a great basketball program. Bigtime major-college championship basketball would I believe be a huge success in Seattle and there's still a void there for the Huskies to fill.

Comments