Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stanford Looses a ton this year

Nice to play Stanford early this year. They will be replacing 4 of 5 OL starters, their RB, 4 of their front 7 (Skov, Gardner, Mauro, Murphy) as well as their All-Conference Safety Ed Reynolds.

Yes they have good depth, especially on the OL, but loosing that many starters will also hurt the quality of their jumbo packages. It should be interesting, or not. Either way, you know...

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    especially if they run the off-tackle 81% of the time
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Not sure if serious...
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    As a duck fan, I won't be missing Skov or Trent "the Yeti" Murphy. Those guys have really brutalized us the last 2 years. Maybe we can finally catch them on the down trend and beat them for once. It's getting really demoralizing losing to them when it counts most.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    This may be true ...

... But ...

The new guys bring an element we haven't seen in a while .. Speed , speed , speed ...

Also Ben Ossai Junior will be holding down left tackle in between ding dongs with Morgan Rosborough Jr....

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Stanford will win 9 games in their sleep.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

When did Harbaugh leave the 49ers to go back to Stanford?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Mosster47 said:

Sadly they got better under Shaw. It's not hard to reload when you don't need speed or stellar QB play.

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I cant wait to watch stanford shove their jumbo package up SCs ass. The scoreboard will most definitely not be indicative of the quality of both football teams.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Our guys tried really hard but we dont prepare for teams that fake injuries. Thats all ive got to say about that
  • Options
    phineas said:

Our guys tried really hard but we dont prepare for teams that fake injuries. Thats all ive got to say about that

I like talking about a hypothetical 9-4 season all offseason then say I don't deal in hypotheticals when approached about the USC job. It's what I do.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If there's one thing I've learned from Doogman, it's that you just don't know what you got in the new guys because we have never seen them do it at this level. Look, I love the new guys and hope they will be next man up, but they have a lot to prove still. Don't twist what I'm saying.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stanford does lose a lot. That is why it was so FS for a writer from si.com to rank them #3. That guy needs to do some fucking homework. I think UW should finish ahead of Stanford. I think they will still be a good team, but 4 of 5 OL and losing a 1700 yard rusher is going to hurt their offense. They lose 2 of the top 3 or 4 players in the Pac 12 on defense with Murphy and Skov. They will still be a tough team, but they could very well lose 4 or 5 games. Right now, they look like a borderline top 25 team to me.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Sadly they got better under Shaw. It's not hard to reload when you don't need speed or stellar QB play.

Shaw is their Coker/Carr.

Accept it now or deal with the reality when Dave Samek writes a profile in courage about it in 2016.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Accept it now or deal with the reality when Dave Samek writes a profile in courage about it in 2016.
    Disagree. Carr is much better than Coker too. This is a big year for Shaw, but with their style of play, I think they are bound to stay at a pretty high level and win 8+ every year with some 10+ win seasons mixed in.

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Stanford was #1 in SRS at the end of 2010. At the time I didn't know about SRS but I felt Stanford was the best team. Shaw hasn't matched that 12-1 record either. That is when Stanford peaked but Shaw has kept them in the top 5 until this Rose Bowl. They'll fall out of the top 10 this upcoming season.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Black coaches always inherit downtrodden programs.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Why is it so hard to spell lose?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    phineas said:

I cant wait to watch stanford shove their jumbo package up SCs ass. The scoreboard will most definitely not be indicative of the quality of both football teams.

This is why kids come to USC to play football, to play in big games like this week against Stanford. We're here to compete for a championship. We welcome the buzz around a game like this, Gameday in South Central. What a cool week to be a Trojan man
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Stanford's big fall from grace begins in 2014.