Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Travis Barker interview on JRE

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Good pod. Very interesting guy. Highly recommended.

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,853
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Good pod. Very interesting guy. Highly recommended.

JRE does a nice jerb running a podcast.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I half expected Barker to be a loud mouthed fool. But I wanted to give him a chance. He turned out to be a smart and thoughtful guy with a lot of interests in life.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,462
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I half expected Barker to be a loud mouthed fool. But I wanted to give him a chance. He turned out to be a smart and thoughtful guy with a lot of interests in life.

This post triggered me.

Travis Barker was a childhood hero of mine and I still keep a couple pairs of his OFFICIAL Zildjian drumsticks in my stick bag. Without him, blink-182 is never nearly as good. A punk drummer that actually innovates and masters his craft. One of the GOAT drummers of all time. And very well spoken.

Wish Tom DeLonge would stop alternating between sucking his own dick and looking for aliens so they could come back with the original lineup.

Check out the Box Car Racer album if you want to hear him play something other than punk. Every beat on that album is unique and tasty.
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

This post triggered me.

Travis Barker was a childhood hero of mine and I still keep a couple pairs of his OFFICIAL Zildjian drumsticks in my stick bag. Without him, blink-182 is never nearly as good. A punk drummer that actually innovates and masters his craft. One of the GOAT drummers of all time. And very well spoken.

Wish Tom DeLonge would stop alternating between sucking his own dick and looking for aliens so they could come back with the original lineup.

Check out the Box Car Racer album if you want to hear him play something other than punk. Every beat on that album is unique and tasty.
    Saw Blink 182 in 2009 with the "original lineup", I had been a fan of them up until the self titled album. They were absolutely terrible.

They were a better band before he was part of the band. They got significantly worse once he began taking a larger spotlight in the songs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Actual wtf??

Listen to the difference between the bland 2 beat on Dammit with the original drummer and the stuff they put out later that made them superstars. What the fuck are you smoking?
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Actual wtf??

Listen to the difference between the bland 2 beat on Dammit with the original drummer and the stuff they put out later that made them superstars. What the fuck are you smoking?

Self titled album and after he turned them to shit. He was good on Enema of the State and TOYPAJ, but went way over the top after that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Actual wtf??

Self titled album and after he turned them to shit. He was good on Enema of the State and TOYPAJ, but went way over the top after that.
    I stopped listening after the self-titled album.

Your opinion is still shit, though. Eat my fucking ass.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Actual wtf??

GRONK!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Actual wtf??

GRONK!