Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Isaiah Stewart, 2019 5* C, (Committed) (There was never a doubt)

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

He’s nothing like Shawn Kemp lol

Does he have 9 kids yet?
    Bob didn't post this
    https://products.kitsapsun.com/archive/1999/02-05/0023_paternity__kemp_breaks_silence_on.html
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

RDR said:

Anybody say to you you remind them of Shawn Kemp?

"No. A lot of people compare me to a lot of different kinds of body types and players. Me, I feel like I'm one of one. I'm not really like nobody else. I mean that humbly. God chose me to be who I am, and I'm embracing it. I'm blessed that he chose me to have this type of talent and body type and genetics and I'm just trying to do something with it."

These fuckin questions man...

*I understand this is what I get for reading Dawgman.
    Articulate?...

That's a white person's way of saying the kid can speak English. Calling black people articulate is like calling them the N word. How out of touch are these morons?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DePjG71zttQ
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

I wish there was footage of it somewhere, but I'll never forget B Roys back-to-back buzzer beaters to tie the game at the end of regulation and OT against Arizona. Still somehow lost the game, but it was a good representation of how much he carried the team.

Sure it's filmed with a potato and the sound doesn't match up, but still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LTmhHODezE
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    UW will never have another player like Brandon Roy. The rules at the time (correct me if wrong, but I recall that being what happened with Webster) were that you could either go straight out of high school, but if you enroll, you have to stay 3 years.

Roy was good enough out of high school to possibly be a 1st round pick from the get go, but decided to come here instead. Then after his junior year he was already nba ready but decided that his final year would help his draft stock (it did).

With the current rules, you simply don't get those kinds of players for that long
  • RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    bigcc said:

UW will never have another player like Brandon Roy. The rules at the time (correct me if wrong, but I recall that being what happened with Webster) were that you could either go straight out of high school, but if you enroll, you have to stay 3 years.

Roy was good enough out of high school to possibly be a 1st round pick from the get go, but decided to come here instead. Then after his junior year he was already nba ready but decided that his final year would help his draft stock (it did).

With the current rules, you simply don't get those kinds of players for that long

The rule was, you could go straight after high school, or at any point after.
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

bigcc said:

The rule was, you could go straight after high school, or at any point after.
    Oh OK, guess I'm just an idiot and/or day drinking has shattered my memory, my bad
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    bigcc said:

He almost went straight out of high school but wasn't some can't miss top 10 recruit, was generally like 30-40ish IIRC. Then he had clearinghouse issues, only played half his freshman year. His sophomore year he was really good but generally deferred shots to Nate and maybe even Tre. His junior year he started like an absolute monster at the Great Alaska Shootout and was on a top 10 pick trajectory before he tore his meniscus. He was never the same as a junior, even came back as the 6th man to keep chemistry intact.

I agree it's unlikely that circumstances will prevent a talent like B Roy from leaving early going forward, but the rules didn't have anything to do with it.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

2001400ex said:

He’s nothing like Shawn Kemp lol

Does he have 9 kids yet?
    Lets not pollute this board with racist chatter
    It's not racist. It's math.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2014/06/athletes-with-the-most-children-by-the-most-women/larry-johnson
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Cohen blunder enough said
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2019
    guntlove said:

I don't really know shit about shit, but here are my quick takeaways from the gayme...

BTP is right, Stewart is an absolute monster... love the kid's game and energy.

For me, Cole Anthony was the best player on the court, rather easily... and with 3.75 years of high school under his belt, he was doing anything to win the game.

Also, I thought Nico Mannion (committed to AZ) was garbage. He's also a ginger. Nuff said on that.

Mannion sucks like hard.

Anthony’s the best player in the class

Isaiah is the best big and 2nd best player in the class

James Wiseman and Jaden McDaniels have the highest ceilings
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Pyshically dominant big guys with high motors always kill it in college. I’m excited about Stewart.

Alpha, something we don’t have. Quade might or might not be either way it’ll be interesting.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I WOULD GET PLUNGERED BY A FUCKING DUCK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PORKING LOTS IF THAT MEANS GETTING THIS KID. HE’S THE BEST BIG IN THE COUNTRY IMO.

Pics?