Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Second Annual HDNC Class Rankings

Here's last year's thread, if anyone is chinterested

HDNC 5 Star - High floor, Superstar ceiling
1. Latu. When we look back, I think this is the biggest recruit in the class
2. Heimuli. Superstar.

HDNC 4 Star - Medium floor, superstar ceiling or high floor, high ceiling
3. Paama. Higher ceiling than the two LBS above but not ready to play tomorrow like they are.
4. Tuitele. Tough call for 4 and 5 here, ultimately I think Tuitele will be more important.
5. Bandes. Holy shit this DT class is insane.
6. Turner. Might be the highest draft pick in the class. Going to be a monster for Lake.
7. McDuffie. Still thrilled we pulled this kid.
8. Fautanu. Hey, an offensive recruit! He's a stud too.
9. Calvert. Can you imagine a class where Josh Calvert is the 9th best recruit? Holy shit.
10. Cam Davis. A skill position player! Please God in heaven let him stay healthy because there is no depth in the last two RB classes.
11. Buelow. Probably going to take some time to learn his technique but has elite God given abilities.
12. Kam Fab. Feels kind of under the radar, he's going to be very good.
13. Tuputala. My favorite in state player in the class (rough year in state). Easily the most underrated recruit in the class.
14. Kalepo. Almost put him as a three star but if he never plays a down he's a money recruit simply for his recruiting prowess. And I do think he'll play, though it will take some time.
15. Luciano. Hard to know what to do with the JUCO guys but I think he will be an all conference CENTER.

HDNC high 3 Star - medium floor, very good ceiling or low floor, high ceiling
16. Ah You. I think he's a baller, need to see him come back from the injury though.
17. Williams. Not as excited about him as I am a typical Jimmy Lake recruit, but he's a Jimmy Lake recruit so he'll probably kill it.
18. Ngalu. Another DT. He's really good, but definitely a step down from the other three. Hard to see his path to major playing time baring injuries and couch sales but we play three deep so he'll definitely play some.
19. Taj. Borderline four star for me and he's 19th on the list. What a deep class. I think he's undervalued on the bored because of our Lubick hate/failure to snag one of the four elite Cali receivers. If Taj isn't five he's right there with Pittman and Delgado for fifth. I love his physical game, I think he'll bring a toughness we have lacked to the position. Awesome fit.
20. Trice. Would have been our best edge rusher in a long time if we didn't pull the miracle with Latu. Still our second best edge rusher in a long time.
21. Morris. Hope he rides it out here, could see him taking over as a fifth year senior after Huard leaves early. Would be a very solid backup.

Kicker - Horn. I don't rate kickers. I like that Horn has a big leg, should be useful for kickoffs. His accuracy leaves a ton to be desired though. I don't see him as the cure to our FG ills.

Whiffing on Nacua and Toots sucks balls, but this is still a sensational class. At worst the second best in the conference and I still wouldn't trade it for Oregons personally though I see why they are rated more highly.

Comments

• Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,288
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Fuck you for posting this before Heimuli announces, but I appreciate you for trying to stay positive today

My ranking

Paama
    Potential LB from Menlo-Artherton
    Tuitele
    Latu
    McDuffie
    Bandes
    Fautanu
    Asa
    Calvert
    Cam D
    Kam Fab
    Phonz
    Cam W
    Buelow
    Morris
    Luciano
    Kalepo
    Taj
    Ngalu
    Trice
    Miki

kicker

After Cam Davis you could talk me into just about any order, everyone's so close
  • GOATGOAT Member Posts: 177
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Luciano sucks
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    GOAT said:

Luciano sucks

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2019
    Tuitele, Latu, Asa, McDuffie and Hammer then everyone else.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    GOAT said:

Luciano sucks

Have you watched his film? He does not suck.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    5 star
    To'oto'o
    Puka

everyone else
    His film sucks. He’s 6’2. And he’s two years out of high school and still undersized.
    GOAT said:

His film sucks. He’s 6’2. And he’s two years out of high school and still undersized.

How tall do you prefer your centers?
    I don’t really care about a center’s height so that point is mute, I just don’t like taking offensive lineman who can only play center. The rest of the shit I said still stands.
    GOAT said:

I don’t really care about a center’s height so that point is mute, I just don’t like taking offensive lineman who can only play center. The rest of the shit I said still stands.

We have 16 offensive lineman on scholly next year by my count:

Senior: Adams, Burleson, Harris, Hilbers
    Junior: Wattenburg
    Sophomore: Luciano, Kirkland, Norgaard, Roberts, Bainivalu
    RS Frosh: Ale, Curne, Mele
    Frosh: Buelow, Kalepo, Fautanu

Of those 16 I'm fine with having one that can only play center. And I think he could play guard if he needed to, though hopefully he never has to.

I think he's insurance against a Harris injury this year, slides in as Harris' replacement for two years. Assuming that's how it goes that's excellent use of a scholly IMO. Three years of scholarship to get two years of (quality, I expect) starting play.

I'm happy with him.

Fuck you for posting this before Heimuli announces, but I appreciate you for trying to stay positive today

in the bag
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited February 2019
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Yankoff was your number 1 player in last class, superstar ceiling, high floor? Is that still the case?

Yankoff was your number 1 player in last class, superstar ceiling, high floor? Is that still the case?

I probably overrated his floor. Ceiling is still the same. I still YO for YO but if I had to rank them over again he’s probably not my number one anymore. Damn shame I can’t just bump number two up. Kaho means goodbye!
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

GOAT said:

We have 16 offensive lineman on scholly next year by my count:

Senior: Adams, Burleson, Harris, Hilbers
    Junior: Wattenburg
    Sophomore: Luciano, Kirkland, Norgaard, Roberts, Bainivalu
    RS Frosh: Ale, Curne, Mele
    Frosh: Buelow, Kalepo, Fautanu

Of those 16 I'm fine with having one that can only play center. And I think he could play guard if he needed to, though hopefully he never has to.

I think he's insurance against a Harris injury this year, slides in as Harris' replacement for two years. Assuming that's how it goes that's excellent use of a scholly IMO. Three years of scholarship to get two years of (quality, I expect) starting play.

I'm happy with him.
    15, burleson is out
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I loved Yankoff, but the reports about his throwing are troubling.
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

I loved Yankoff, but the reports about his throwing are troubling.
    I think both QB’s would be ranked around the 9-10 range now. Both seem to have a large variance in potential outcomes.