Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I feel like we are going to end up with an insane number of guys in the pros in the next few years. Maybe most in program history. Going to be the 2020's version of "The U". With regards, @creepycoug.

That's a tall order my friend.

But the west coast da U is pulling in some players, agreed. It's been quiet for Washington in the NFL for some time.

One caution: beware the siren song of NFL U. Miami has had guys go through who I barely noticed then blow up at the next level. It's hard to argue against wanting guys with NFL DNA, but some of those guys coast in school.
  • Options
    Dawg_Stan1Dawg_Stan1 Member Posts: 45
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

I feel like we are going to end up with an insane number of guys in the pros in the next few years. Maybe most in program history. Going to be the 2020's version of "The U". With regards, @creepycoug.

But the west coast da U is pulling in some players, agreed. It's been quiet for Washington in the NFL for some time.

One caution: beware the siren song of NFL U. Miami has had guys go through who I barely noticed then blow up at the next level. It's hard to argue against wanting guys with NFL DNA, but some of those guys coast in school.
    Sounds like a coaching problem. Bama doesn’t have that problem do they?

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Sounds like a coaching problem. Bama doesn’t have that problem do they?

yep, I would say so; much more often than not, it is. there are isolated cases here and there even in well-coached programs.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

Meek said:

God bless those guys man. All of them. But the dudes that played under Ty and didn't quit... I have a lot of respect for those guys.

DB was one of my favorite players as well.

and wasn't Mason Foster literally not recruited by anyone until we offered him at the last minute...after his dad phoned UW and begged or something like that?
    Ty found him on a trip to Pebble Beach or something like that.
    The Inside USC twitter guy is all over Lynn Swann for golfing all the time while Troy burns

Pebble Beach pro am. LA Open pro am.
    Ty, Swann, Trump...3 dudes who golf on other peoples' dime when shit should be getting done. What a fucking country.
    Three Black dudes. No one cares if white guys golf
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Meek said:

God bless those guys man. All of them. But the dudes that played under Ty and didn't quit... I have a lot of respect for those guys.

DB was one of my favorite players as well.

and wasn't Mason Foster literally not recruited by anyone until we offered him at the last minute...after his dad phoned UW and begged or something like that?
    Ty found him on a trip to Pebble Beach or something like that.
    The Inside USC twitter guy is all over Lynn Swann for golfing all the time while Troy burns

Pebble Beach pro am. LA Open pro am.
    With Swanny (ILTCHS) a member of the Field, he’s really the best bet to win either of those tournaments
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Is fargo being included a joke?