Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Chinsightful.

123457»

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Can we? start taxing the churches up in this bitch? Or does that violate some kind of bullshit, antiquated law?

Churches are setup as tax-exempt non-profits for taxes purposes under some provision. Axxe Hondo to quote you the tax code particulars. The trade off is churches so defined are prohibited from using those funds for political purposes. Sometims I think church ought to shed the tax exemption and get more involved.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Organized religion may or may not be bad but it's undeniable that some religions are far more murderous and intolerant than other religions.

Hondo and O'Keefed running interference for a religion that tosses gays off buildings is just an extra bonus.

Agreed. In the present day, the extremists of the Islam faith (ISIS and it's ilk) are not doing anything to make it look like the religion of peace. They are grasping for power and using their "faith" as a crutch. I'd guess that many of the people that join the jihad are unemployed, poor, mentally weak or on the margins of their society in some other way.

The great majority of Muslims aren't out committing acts of terror, beheadings, stonings, etc.
    KOMO it yourself, but that's not always the case. As I recall, a significant number of jihadis that came into Iraq were college students.
    From Harvard, Ucla and UW? Or more like EIT (Egypt Institute of Technology).
    Aleppo State is no joke in improvised electrical engineering.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

That's the exact point they don't understand. There are shitty Muslims. There are shitty Christians. Look at Mexico.

Hondo was claiming that what you said is a point that I don't understand which is total bullshit.

Huh?

To say that Christians did/don't hide behind "God" and "The Bible" to do evil is intellectually dishonest. Humans basically suck and will use whatever tool they can to gain power/money/influence. I'm not saying that's what your trying to say.

Islam is #winning the shitty religion contest right now and it's not even close.

I don't even know what "look at Mexico" even means, but I'm open to an explanation.
    Sweet fucking Geezus, now who is being a dumbass? I've never claimed that there aren't bad people who call themselves Christians who do bad things. You're buying whole hog Hondo's strawman ass fuck.

Islam is #winning the shitty religion contest right now and it's not even close.

Perfect, we agree. But as you can see from this thread you have dumbasses like Hondo who claim that Islam has nothing to do with the shitty cultures people in Iran, and Syria and Afghanistan and Pakistan live in.
    1. What part of: "I'm not saying that's what your trying to say." did you not understand?

2. I'm not speaking for hondo nor do I follow his point. My uneducated guess is that Syria is a shithole because of a asshole dictator, not a religion. But let's look at Muslims elsewhere, outside of the middle East because the countries you listed are all in that region and that regional bias could account for some, most or all of their cultural shittiness.

Indonesia. 230m muslims (88% of total pop.) Shitty culture by your definition? Honest question. Compared to the Philippines (81% Catholic, 95% Christian).

India. 190m muslims (low % of country total, but 10% of global pop.)

Turkey. 80m (roughly 99%)

I don't want to live in any of these places, but I don't see that Islam is necessarily bringing them down.
    This is the point I'm making and you made it better.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

That's the exact point they don't understand. There are shitty Muslims. There are shitty Christians. Look at Mexico.

Hondo was claiming that what you said is a point that I don't understand which is total bullshit.

Huh?

To say that Christians did/don't hide behind "God" and "The Bible" to do evil is intellectually dishonest. Humans basically suck and will use whatever tool they can to gain power/money/influence. I'm not saying that's what your trying to say.

I don't even know what "look at Mexico" even means, but I'm open to an explanation.
    Sweet fucking Geezus, now who is being a dumbass? I've never claimed that there aren't bad people who call themselves Christians who do bad things. You're buying whole hog Hondo's strawman ass fuck.

Perfect, we agree. But as you can see from this thread you have dumbasses like Hondo who claim that Islam has nothing to do with the shitty cultures people in Iran, and Syria and Afghanistan and Pakistan live in.
    I don't think you agree like you think you do. People hide behind Islam and use Islam to get people riled up for their cause.

Just like guns. The religion isn't the issue, it's the people using the religion.
    Great, but in the Muslim religion, in some countries you can toss gays off of buildings and stone people to death and it's all sanctioned by the Koran and the state. There is no Christian society that allows that.

And it's just some bizarre coincidence that every country that allows for gays to be murdered just happen to be Muslim countries.

As always. Bob misses the point.
    I got the point Hondo, you're an apologist for Islamic terror and murder because Christians do bad things too.
    Terror and murder are bad. But as always, your argument is that the evidence of Muslims who do bad things should inform our dealings with all Muslims. You never have the balls to say how exactly.
    Yeah, I never have the balls to say something I don't believe. What an ass. Hey why bother to argue against what the other person actually says when you can just put words in their mouths and thoughts in their heads that they've never expressed and then argue against that.

You Hondo are going to get along famously O'Keefed.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

I know you get your news from comics and you think that's witty. But:

In the U.S., a 2014 Pew Research Center study shows, Muslim Americans are less accepting of homosexuality than Americans as a whole: 47 percent of U.S. Muslims said it should be discouraged and 45 percent said it should be accepted.

But they were not the religious group that was most disapproving: Evangelical Christians, Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons oppose homosexuality by larger margins.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/86046404

You actually think the point of the comic was to try and paint Muslims as more homophobic than other religious groups, even though no other religious groups were even mentioned? If not, please help me understand what the point of posting this was.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Huh?

I don't think you agree like you think you do. People hide behind Islam and use Islam to get people riled up for their cause.

Just like guns. The religion isn't the issue, it's the people using the religion.
    Great, but in the Muslim religion, in some countries you can toss gays off of buildings and stone people to death and it's all sanctioned by the Koran and the state. There is no Christian society that allows that.

And it's just some bizarre coincidence that every country that allows for gays to be murdered just happen to be Muslim countries.

I got the point Hondo, you're an apologist for Islamic terror and murder because Christians do bad things too.
    Terror and murder are bad. But as always, your argument is that the evidence of Muslims who do bad things should inform our dealings with all Muslims. You never have the balls to say how exactly.
    Yeah, I never have the balls to say something I don't believe. What an ass. Hey why bother to argue against what the other person actually says when you can just put words in their mouths and thoughts in their heads that they've never expressed and then argue against that.

So blob says when he generalizes about Islam, he is making no point whatsoever about Muslims. This latest dodge won’t age well.
    Standard Supporter
    Whoa, 7 pages already? Not reading all that, sorry.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The great majority of Muslims aren't out committing acts of terror, beheadings, stonings, etc.

No, that's the strawman ass fuck you want to argue against because you're too stupid to argue against what I've said. I've certainly never said that a majority of Muslims are terrorists.

The issue in the middle East isn't the religion, it's the shitty cultures they live in. And some people use religion as the excuse.

Yeah and everyone knows that religion, especially when living in a theocratic Muslim country, has no influence on the culture of that country.

I always chuckle when liberals I know pull claims straight out of their ass and then try to attribute them to Christians they know. Why don't you base your arguments on what people here have said or claimed Hondo instead of using these "Christians" you know who conveniently say stupid things that sound exactly like some bullshit claim you'd make?

Holy fuck dude. I agreed with you and then get that raft of bullshit. Fuck off. You aren't very good at the message board thing, especially quoting posts you want to interact with. It's not rocket surgery.

You can have your "all muslims are bad" stance. I'll disagree.
    Sorry I was responding to Hondo.
    To be fair, they are almost the same. Easy to understand the confusion.
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Huh?

So blob says when he generalizes about Islam, he is making no point whatsoever about Muslims. This latest dodge won’t age well.
    What was my generalization about Islam you lying piece of crap? And why do you keep saying that you want to suck Hondo's dick? That's what you're really saying here O'Keefed, you just don't have the balls to say it.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

In the U.S., a 2014 Pew Research Center study shows, Muslim Americans are less accepting of homosexuality than Americans as a whole: 47 percent of U.S. Muslims said it should be discouraged and 45 percent said it should be accepted.

But they were not the religious group that was most disapproving: Evangelical Christians, Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons oppose homosexuality by larger margins.

You actually think the point of the comic was to try and paint Muslims as more homophobic than other religious groups, even though no other religious groups were even mentioned? If not, please help me understand what the point of posting this was.
    It's actually more about the fact that most Muslims don't want to throw gay people off buildings.
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2019

I love how you just move the goal posts whenever you're exposed as a fucking liar Hondo. There's still segregation in America today. But you weren't talking about segregation you lying piece of shit, you were talking about blacks not being allowed to use public water fountains. Your "point" is that you're a fucking liar and when you get caught you pull bullshit like being "technically" wrong. You weren't "techically" wrong. You were flat-out 100% wrong and because you lack the integrity to admit as much you pull these pathetic Kunt acts just like you did with the photoshop bullshit.
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

It's actually more about the fact that most Muslims don't want to throw gay people off buildings.
    And no one claimed they did may strawman ass fucking friend. Why don't you get together with O'Keefed and you two can have a strawman ass raping party where you just rape strawman ass to your heart's content.
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Which has nothing to do with the point of the comic. There is nothing about the comic that suggests anything about Muslims in general.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,709
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ask hondo

Quote function doesn't work for you either?

@DerekJohnson can you look into this issue?
    Works fine. I didn't use it
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Huh?

What was my generalization about Islam you lying piece of crap?
    blob: "Muslims kill gays in the name of their religion."
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Ask hondo

Quote function doesn't work for you either?

@DerekJohnson can you look into this issue?
    Works fine. I didn't use it
    Be a better poster.
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Huh?

Yes, they do in a manor and rate that's not done by Christians with an acceptance by the state of many Muslim countries that's not duplicated by any non-Muslim country. You throw a gay person off a building any many Muslim country and nothing will happen to you. You through a gay person off a building in any country with a Christian majority and you'll end up in prison.

Now does this mean that all Muslims are violent and want to kill gays? No.

Look O'Keefed if you want to pretend that Islam is no more violent than Christianity knock yourself out. You and Hondo just need to Derek to start up a Strawman ass Rape board you two can have at it.

All I know is that all of the countries where murdering gays is tolerated and often carried out by the state are all Muslim countries.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Huh?

Yes, they do in a manor and rate that's not done by Christians with an acceptance by the state of many Muslim countries that's not duplicated by any non-Muslim country. You throw a gay person off a building any many Muslim country and nothing will happen to you. You through a gay person off a building in any country with a Christian majority and you'll end up in prison.

Now does this mean that all Muslims are violent and want to kill gays? No.

Look O'Keefed if you want to pretend that Islam is no more violent than Christianity knock yourself out. You and Hondo just need to Derek to start up a Strawman ass Rape board you two can have at it.

All I know is that all of the countries where murdering gays is tolerated and often carried out by the state are all Muslim countries.
    Kudos for using the Quote feature.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,478
    Trump hasn't had Acosta killed and dismembered.