Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cuomo appears to be obsessed and scared

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter

Comments

• HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    Cuomo gerrymandered the state senate to ensure a Republican majority so that there would be less pressure to actually do things popular with his voters. He’s a corporate friendly corrupt hack and heir to a political dynasty.

It took a credible primary from the left to force him to do those popular initiatives.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter
    Rats currently have a 39 to 23 advantage in the state Senate.

As I said, the purge for ideological purity in the Rat party is going to fun to watch.

Yeah they only took that majority this past election after years of republican control and establishment dem acquiescence

Cuomo gerrymandered the state senate to ensure a Republican majority so that there would be less pressure to actually do things popular with his voters. He’s a corporate friendly corrupt hack and heir to a political dynasty.

It took a credible primary from the left to force him to do those popular initiatives.

Your collection of talking points is impressive

About what? Cuomo sucks. His Amazon giveaway sucked too.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Your collection of talking points is impressive

About what? Cuomo sucks. His Amazon giveaway sucked too.
    It's more in the way you reply to everything in a politburo approved manner

You have every class struggle reason down pat
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    SFGbob said:

As I said, the purge for ideological purity in the Rat party is going to fun to watch.

So are the real dems going to start wearing hammer and sickle arm bands to identify themselves?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658

Chuck Rhoades for NYGov2020

Cook it.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Still amuses me how AOC says the 3 billion in tax incentives given to Amazon could be better used for other things. It's almost like she actually thinks NY was giving Amazon money, as opposed to a tax break. Like this was real money being given to an evil corporation. I am not sure she really has a grasp of what is going on, or economics, at all. One report I read (KOMO 4) said even with the 3B give back Amazon still would have paid 10B over a 10 year span (not sure if that is true but I read it so hey!)...but it is undeniable that 25,000 jobs at 150K per would have been A FUCKTON of taxes for NY.

Watching AOC wage an ideology war within the Dem party is absolutely my favorite thing in politics since 2016. Must see TV.

On a personal level, I hate Jeff Bezos and Amazon so I could give a fuck what they build or where, but it is undeniable that from an economic perspective this was a good deal for NY. I hate NY as well, so I guess what I am really saying is "Thanks AOC" for fucking over job creation near your district, fucking over NY more broadly, and fucking over Jeff Bezos specifically. I hope she just keeps bumbling along disrupting everything.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

So are the real dems going to start wearing hammer and sickle arm bands Green face tattoos to identify themselves?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Still amuses me how AOC says the 3 billion in tax incentives given to Amazon could be better used for other things. It's almost like she actually thinks NY was giving Amazon money, as opposed to a tax break. Like this was real money being given to an evil corporation. I am not sure she really has a grasp of what is going on, or economics, at all. One report I read (KOMO 4) said even with the 3B give back Amazon still would have paid 10B over a 10 year span (not sure if that is true but I read it so hey!)...but it is undeniable that 25,000 jobs at 150K per would have been A FUCKTON of taxes for NY.

Watching AOC wage an ideology war within the Dem party is absolutely my favorite thing in politics since 2016. Must see TV.

On a personal level, I hate Jeff Bezos and Amazon so I could give a fuck what they build or where, but it is undeniable that from an economic perspective this was a good deal for NY. I hate NY as well, so I guess what I am really saying is "Thanks AOC" for fucking over job creation near your district, fucking over NY more broadly, and fucking over Jeff Bezos specifically. I hope she just keeps bumbling along disrupting everything.

She's a disaster for the dems
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Total nightmare, which is why APAG loves her. I love her as well, from a completely different perspective. See AOC brings people together.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    what, you don’t think Barista’s make good Presidents?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Total nightmare, which is why APAG loves her. I love her as well, from a completely different perspective. See AOC brings people together.
    @allpurpleallgold
    @oregonblitzkrieg
    @Swaye

Three peas in a pod
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

What I really like is how her supporter dismiss all criticism of her even when it's coming from their own team. Immediately the liberal critics are identified as apostates and part of the "establishment" who must be eliminated.

Seriously, if they had the power, they'd be no different than the old Red Guard.
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

@allpurpleallgold
    @oregonblitzkrieg
    @Swaye

Three peas in a pod
    Disruptors make strange bedfellows POTD!
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

What I really like is how her supporter dismiss all criticism of her even when it's coming from their own team. Immediately the liberal critics are identified as apostates and part of the "establishment" who must be eliminated.

Seriously, if they had the power, they'd be no different than the old Red Guard.
    To be fair AOC is just doing to Dems what Trump did to the GOP. Completely blowing it up. I have no issue with that because both parties suck my ass.
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

To be fair AOC is just doing to Dems what Trump did to the GOP. Completely blowing it up. I have no issue with that because both parties suck my ass.
    Somewhat different. Trump ended up expanding the Republican base. He didn't cause the GOP to lose he enabled them to win. If a national Rat adopts what AOC is proposing they will lose.
    Standard Supporter
    The Green New Deal essentially is calling for the complete destruction of our current economy and total restructuring of how people live and work in this county.

Very similar to what Pol Pot was trying to do with his "Year Zero" movement and what Mao was trying to achieve with the Cultural Revolution.

The idea behind Year Zero is that all culture and traditions within a society must be completely destroyed or discarded and a new revolutionary culture must replace it, starting from scratch. All history of a nation or people before Year Zero is deemed largely irrelevant, as it will ideally be purged and replaced from the ground up.

AOC and her supports have the same kind of nihilist fervor. You can see it in their glee after being able to scuttle the Amazon deal.

Swaye's Wigwam
    A Just Cause and a True Believer

Its not just for religion