Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

couch sale!!!

Comments

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Big, big loss for Oregon IMO. This will negatively affect their defense bigly.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    animate said:

UO boosters paid $2.5 million to fire Leavitt.

"A national search for a new UO Defensive Coordinator is under way"

Keith Heyward's office is in Eugene, Oregon, which is part of the United States - so technically it is a national, and not international, search.

Serious? 2.5m?

Thats alot of Pepsi.
    Either Leavitt got fired, or was half-assing it so much that they decided it was worth 4.5 Wazzu assistant salaries to let him go.

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

HuskyJW said:

In all honesty it’s probably for the best. Leavitt is a really good defensive coordinator. However, he wasn’t happy he didn’t get the HC job after Taggart. He also stopped recruiting. There was a lot of friction and you really can’t have that in a staff. But, he will be missed and Hayward better step up to the plate. I hate that this is coming off as quookish because I’m not WDWHA by any means, but you can’t have a toxic coaching staff and be successful. Leavitt brought us from garbage to respectability defensively. We? need to keep it going.

You need to be ashamed of yourself
    I think he’s a great coach. But let’s talk about revisionist history. About 90% of you fucksticks couldn’t help but comment how average Leavitt was. Now he’s gone all of a sudden you guys think he’s Buddy Ryan. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
    I thought duck fans were overrating him, dramatically in some cases. I still think this hurts you because I don't think much of Heyward. He's average as a DB coach. He was at UW anyways.
    Now that’s some serious revisionist history. Heyward was a very good DB coach. Trufant, Parker, and Glenn all developed into All Conference caliber players under him. Those secondaries were good.

Of course Lake came along and blew him out of the water, and then showed us what elite DB play looks like. But that doesn’t mean Heyward isn’t a very good position coach in his own right. He also has the body of work that suggests he’s ready to move to a DC position, though I’m not sure I’d be thrilled that we didn’t go pursue someone with DC experience if I’m a duck fan.
    Strange take to lead with revisionist history.

-Trufant played only one year under Heyward.
    -Glenn also played one year under Heyward, was mediocre, and was not all-Pac 12. He was Honorable Mention.
    -Parker was OK but also only Honorable Mention.
    -You neglected to mention his best player, Marcus Peters.
    -Heyward was touted as a good recruiter at the time but only 1 out of his 7 recruits ever contributed anything (1 out of 8 if you count lavon washington in 2014.)
    -That 1 was of course Kevin King who looked like nothing until Lake developed him which surely wouldn't have happened under Sark and Heyward.

-Most significantly of all- he left the cupboard completely bare. Lake had 3 freshman starting alongside Marcus Peters by game two of 2014. All 3 of which were recruited in the two months after CP was hired and wouldn't have been on a Sark/Heyward roster.
    Fair point on what he left in the DB ranks upon his departure. He actually recruited really well for us, but the early departures of guys like Kelly and Enewally definitely hurt the roster he was putting together and negated those gains.

However, it’s also worth mentioning that he inherited a Demetrice Martin secondary that was instrumental to us having the 116th best pass defense in the country in 2011. We’re talking Baylor bowl game, worst secondary in school history bad. And in his two years here our pass defense was 23rd and 61st in the nation. Guys like Trufant and Glenn, who both had breakthrough senior years, were pretty key players in that turnaround. Given the absolute turd that Heyward took over for and the quick results he was able to squeeze out, I would absolutely grade him out as somewhere in the neighborhood of good.
    Agree he was an upgrade from Demetrice Martin. Of course thats not saying much since Meat is the worst DBs coach I've ever seen. Not just at UW but everywhere hes been.

Its not like the guys who washed out blew up elsewhere. Jermaine Kelly was somehow a 7th round pick even though he didn't distinguish himself at SJSU. Cleveland Wallace was 2nd team all Mountain West and went undrafted. Thats about it. He probably should have gone after Demontae Kazee but he only had a month after getting hired in 2012.

I agree he is somewhere in the neighborhood of decent to good. Not bad.

But how is he qualified to be a DC?
    He certainly wouldn’t be my first choice if I’m Oregon, but he’s been a long-time position coach with varying success at several major programs. So he definitely has the resume to finally get a promotion, just not at a school that is trying to prime itself as a national contender.
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

animate said:

UO boosters paid $2.5 million to fire Leavitt.

"A national search for a new UO Defensive Coordinator is under way"

Keith Heyward's office is in Eugene, Oregon, which is part of the United States - so technically it is a national, and not international, search.

Serious? 2.5m?

Thats alot of Pepsi.
    Either Leavitt got fired, or was half-assing it so much that they decided it was worth 4.5 Wazzu assistant salaries to let him go.

Tracy Claeys from Wazzu to Oregon confirmed.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

HuskyJW said:

In all honesty it’s probably for the best. Leavitt is a really good defensive coordinator. However, he wasn’t happy he didn’t get the HC job after Taggart. He also stopped recruiting. There was a lot of friction and you really can’t have that in a staff. But, he will be missed and Hayward better step up to the plate. I hate that this is coming off as quookish because I’m not WDWHA by any means, but you can’t have a toxic coaching staff and be successful. Leavitt brought us from garbage to respectability defensively. We? need to keep it going.

I think he’s a great coach. But let’s talk about revisionist history. About 90% of you fucksticks couldn’t help but comment how average Leavitt was. Now he’s gone all of a sudden you guys think he’s Buddy Ryan. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
    I thought duck fans were overrating him, dramatically in some cases. I still think this hurts you because I don't think much of Heyward. He's average as a DB coach. He was at UW anyways.
    Now that’s some serious revisionist history. Heyward was a very good DB coach. Trufant, Parker, and Glenn all developed into All Conference caliber players under him. Those secondaries were good.

Of course Lake came along and blew him out of the water, and then showed us what elite DB play looks like. But that doesn’t mean Heyward isn’t a very good position coach in his own right. He also has the body of work that suggests he’s ready to move to a DC position, though I’m not sure I’d be thrilled that we didn’t go pursue someone with DC experience if I’m a duck fan.

-Glenn also played one year under Heyward, was mediocre, and was not all-Pac 12. He was Honorable Mention.
    -Heyward was touted as a good recruiter at the time but only 1 out of his 7 recruits ever contributed anything (1 out of 8 if you count lavon washington in 2014.)
    -That 1 was of course Kevin King who looked like nothing until Lake developed him which surely wouldn't have happened under Sark and Heyward.

-Most significantly of all- he left the cupboard completely bare. Lake had 3 freshman starting alongside Marcus Peters by game two of 2014. All 3 of which were recruited in the two months after CP was hired and wouldn't have been on a Sark/Heyward roster.
    Fair point on what he left in the DB ranks upon his departure. He actually recruited really well for us, but the early departures of guys like Kelly and Enewally definitely hurt the roster he was putting together and negated those gains.

However, it’s also worth mentioning that he inherited a Demetrice Martin secondary that was instrumental to us having the 116th best pass defense in the country in 2011. We’re talking Baylor bowl game, worst secondary in school history bad. And in his two years here our pass defense was 23rd and 61st in the nation. Guys like Trufant and Glenn, who both had breakthrough senior years, were pretty key players in that turnaround. Given the absolute turd that Heyward took over for and the quick results he was able to squeeze out, I would absolutely grade him out as somewhere in the neighborhood of good.
    So a couple of 4 year starters came on as seniors.

He recruited well if only the big gets had been good enough to stay on the roster.

He recruited 6'3" bean pole Kevin King, a future NFL corner, and moved him to safety where he was shitty and got the shit beat out of him

His secondary executed a historic example of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in the AC.

He left behind such stellar depth that Sid Jones, a true freshman,and John Ross we're the two best corners on the roster the year after he left.

Any other iron clad examples of how wrong I was?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    chuck said:

chuck said:

HuskyJW said:

So a couple of 4 year starters came on as seniors.

He recruited well if only the big gets had been good enough to stay on the roster.

He recruited 6'3" bean pole Kevin King, a future NFL corner, and moved him to safety where he was shitty and got the shit beat out of him

His secondary executed a historic example of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in the AC.

He left behind such stellar depth that Sid Jones, a true freshman,and John Ross we're the two best corners on the roster the year after he left.

Any other iron clad examples of how wrong I was?
    No, I think we’ve touched on them all
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

Oregon fans last week: Jim Leavitt with this talent is going to create a great defense.

Oregon fans now: Jim Leavitt wasn't even that good.

Washington fans last week: Oregon's defense sucks, Leavitt is overrated.

Washington fans now: LOL Oregon is fucked, Jim Leavitt is their best DC ever.

Both quooks and doogs are so predictable.

The writing on the wall has been there for a year. Leavitt was getting another year of that $1.7 million contract and hoping to bail for a HC job. He's obviously good at what he does, if he tries. Unfortunately, for him, no one wants an old man who choked a kid and can't recruit.

Is this a good thing? Who the fuck knows? Will Keith Heyward be a good DC? Who the fuck knows? But if Cristobal decided he wasn't going to put up with Leavitt's shit, this is one of his first major moves and he's either going to look really dumb or really smart.

Being a coordinator is 50% talent, 25% scheme/play calling, and 25% motivation. Heyward can recruit and motivate, the question is if he can do the technical shit. The word is that he kept taking over more of the defense from up in the box while Leavitt was acting like he's taking a heroin shit on the sideline.

It's actually pretty depressing to see the human ego at work. Leavitt disqualified himself from ever being a HC again with his incident at USF. Everyone else knows it. He's the only one who doesn't (or refuses) to see it.
    If Leavitt was younger, had been a head coach in the past decade, or was REALLY good someone would hire him no matter how many walk-ons he choked. K-State and Texas Tech took a hard pass, and those programs have nothing to lose. If they thought Leavitt could win there no one in West Texas would give a fuck you hit some kid.

Urban Meyer could livestream himself mouth fucking a nun, taking breaks for hits from a meth pipe, and he could have a head coaching job tomorrow. Greg Schiano probably knew kids were being diddled and Tennessee still tried to hire him.

I'd rather Leavitt had stayed because after Pillows Pellum and that fatass Hoke he seemed like a genius. But if he was a genius he would have taken a few more years of his contract and retired to spend his time getting Pepsi enemas from his gold digger wife. Maybe use the talent that Heyward/Dennison/Williams brought in and put out a great defense and then maybe Miami of Ohio or someone could hire him as a head coach.
    I pondered this overnight - and YKW.

Rules is rules.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited February 2019
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You had to edit that?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Sources said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

You think he is a great coach

but Hayward is an upgrade and as never coached a defense in the history of his life. Go fuck yourself

Where did I say he was an upgrade you horses ass? I said Heyward needs to prove himself, and that was the extent of my assessment. My point is that your stupid ass is getting a boner over a team losing a DC that had them finish 9th and 10th in the Pac 12 in passing and rushing defense last season. And when I say great coach, I’m comparing him to the two defensive coordinators before him. Now you can kindly go fuck yourself
    Now you are just bald face lying to cover your Quookish attitude.

Oregon was 8th in pass defense in the Pac 12 and 5th in rush yards per game.

https://stats.pac-12.com/sports/fball/2018-19/teams?sort=ptspgopp&r=0&pos=def
    Quooks hate facts.
    No...unfortunately you just don’t know how to read them. Like I said Oregon had a cupcake OOC schedule to boost their stats. Compare the conference schedule, which should be the only good comparison, they were ninth and tenth. Next time double check the source before you squeeze in for that circle jerk.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

You had to edit that?
    went with brevity to make my point.
  • bearcats6969bearcats6969 Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Bunch of liberal shiteaters who had their uncles fuck them as kids in here. Oregon has nothing on cincinnati