Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

couch sale!!!

Comments

• FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    How is Heyward qualified to be a DC?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    haie said:

In all honesty it’s probably for the best. Leavitt is a really good defensive coordinator. However, he wasn’t happy he didn’t get the HC job after Taggart. He also stopped recruiting. There was a lot of friction and you really can’t have that in a staff. But, he will be missed and Hayward better step up to the plate. I hate that this is coming off as quookish because I’m not WDWHA by any means, but you can’t have a toxic coaching staff and be successful. Leavitt brought us from garbage to respectability defensively. We? need to keep it going.

LOLOLOLOL

Sure it is.

Above also pertains to you
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

In all honesty it’s probably for the best. Leavitt is a really good defensive coordinator. However, he wasn’t happy he didn’t get the HC job after Taggart. He also stopped recruiting. There was a lot of friction and you really can’t have that in a staff. But, he will be missed and Hayward better step up to the plate. I hate that this is coming off as quookish because I’m not WDWHA by any means, but you can’t have a toxic coaching staff and be successful. Leavitt brought us from garbage to respectability defensively. We? need to keep it going.

You need to be ashamed of yourself
    I think he’s a great coach. But let’s talk about revisionist history. About 90% of you fucksticks couldn’t help but comment how average Leavitt was. Now he’s gone all of a sudden you guys think he’s Buddy Ryan. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
    I thought duck fans were overrating him, dramatically in some cases. I still think this hurts you because I don't think much of Heyward. He's average as a DB coach. He was at UW anyways.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    chuck said:

HuskyJW said:

I think he’s a great coach. But let’s talk about revisionist history. About 90% of you fucksticks couldn’t help but comment how average Leavitt was. Now he’s gone all of a sudden you guys think he’s Buddy Ryan. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
    I thought duck fans were overrating him, dramatically in some cases. I still think this hurts you because I don't think much of Heyward. He's average as a DB coach. He was at UW anyways.
    That could be very true. But Oregon was 9th and 10th in the conference in pass def and rush def respectively. That’s really bad when you remove Oregon St who shouldn’t even be in the conference. I still like Leavitt as he was exponentially better than the last two before him, but it just wasn’t going to work out after getting turned down for the HC job.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

HuskyJW said:

Now that’s some serious revisionist history. Heyward was a very good DB coach. Trufant, Parker, and Glenn all developed into All Conference caliber players under him. Those secondaries were good.

Of course Lake came along and blew him out of the water, and then showed us what elite DB play looks like. But that doesn’t mean Heyward isn’t a very good position coach in his own right. He also has the body of work that suggests he’s ready to move to a DC position, though I’m not sure I’d be thrilled that we didn’t go pursue someone with DC experience if I’m a duck fan.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited February 2019
    Big loss for Oregon IMO. Also not a good look for Cristobal. If 1.7 mil isn't enough to keep Leavitt around and happy, then Cristobal must be a huge douche who's unbearable to work with. He's like the anti-Helton. Equally incompetent but instead of being a dumb, nice guy he's a dumb, meat-head asshole. Feels like Oregon is still a dumpster fire but the presence of Herbert is keeping the fire at a smolder, for now. When Herbert's gone the shit will hit the fan.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

HuskyJW said:

Do you know where you are?
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Oregon has stockpiled too many players to go away but they could be short term fucked

This is a big year for Cristobal. We'll all find out together

This is a huge show me year, very bad way to start it. How fast can he rebrand it ‘we’re so young but look at all the recruits!’
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    How many recruits was Leavitt the primary on this year?

The dude wanted out badly, given that he's interviewed with something like half a dozen other programs in the last 2 months. It sucks because he is the best DC has had since uh...ever? But his bitch ass needed to go.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Why is sean parker a positive? He made 0 progress here. Under lake a player with parkers highschool tape would be in the nfl rather easily.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

HuskyJW said:

You think he is a great coach

but Hayward is an upgrade and as never coached a defense in the history of his life. Go fuck yourself