Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This is how a REAL program schedules OOC

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Deutschland looking to be uber alles in the Montlake Cut this May. The revenge factor from 1936 looks to be Yuge.

https://gohuskies.com/news/2019/2/7/womens-rowing-2019-windermere-cup-welcomes-germany-boston-u-ucla.aspx

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meant to ake @creepycoug for his take on BU academis? 36,000 students and only $2.1 billion endowment. Not very impressive at all. Surprised they can even field a row boat team.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People forget that when Germany was dominating the Rhineland conference they took on England, France, USSR and the United States non conference

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

People forget that when Germany was dominating the Rhineland conference they took on England, France, USSR and the United States non conference

that's a TUFF OOC schedule for the fighting fascists.

Meant to ake @creepycoug for his take on BU academis? 36,000 students and only $2.1 billion endowment. Not very impressive at all. Surprised they can even field a row boat team.

BU is a solid school. Not easy to get into, and the fact that it's right smack in the middle of Boston makes it attractive to the kids, because Boston + College = Hip thing to do with that crowd.

That said, my soccer player was recruited to play there, and we turned it down for D3 soccer. And BU is legit ... they're not North Carolina or Stanford, but they play at that level. We turned it down for D3, so you can guess why.

Endowment is a component. There are some damn good schools with endowments that are relatively low compared to their peers. Cal's endowment is shit for the operation they run, and a fraction of Michigan's or Texas', but nobody would put Cal below those schools in academis. UW's endowment isn't that great, and below several other public universities who have built endowments for one reason or another (Texas A&M comes to mind) but who aren't on UW's academis level.

In small college land, Bates College and Kenyon College have low endowments, but are classic "smart kid" schools.

If I were going to college in Boston and I couldn't swing getting into Harvard or MIT, but had my choice of what's left, I'd go with BC. Ever been? That is a very, very nice school. Campus, neighborhood, the whole bit. And, the co-eds aren't hard to look at either. Solid academis too ... probably a click above BU, but close enuff that they argue about it.

Why do you insist on getting me going on this shit? You know I can't control myself.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I like #MyKrauts in this one.
    Swaye's Wigwam

BU is a solid school. Not easy to get into, and the fact that it's right smack in the middle of Boston makes it attractive to the kids, because Boston + College = Hip thing to do with that crowd.

That said, my soccer player was recruited to play there, and we turned it down for D3 soccer. And BU is legit ... they're not North Carolina or Stanford, but they play at that level. We turned it down for D3, so you can guess why.

Endowment is a component. There are some damn good schools with endowments that are relatively low compared to their peers. Cal's endowment is shit for the operation they run, and a fraction of Michigan's or Texas', but nobody would put Cal below those schools in academis. UW's endowment isn't that great, and below several other public universities who have built endowments for one reason or another (Texas A&M comes to mind) but who aren't on UW's academis level.

In small college land, Bates College and Kenyon College have low endowments, but are classic "smart kid" schools.

If I were going to college in Boston and I couldn't swing getting into Harvard or MIT, but had my choice of what's left, I'd go with BC. Ever been? That is a very, very nice school. Campus, neighborhood, the whole bit. And, the co-eds aren't hard to look at either. Solid academis too ... probably a click above BU, but close enuff that they argue about it.

Why do you insist on getting me going on this shit? You know I can't control myself.
    I love your hot takes on academis!!

I love your hot takes on academis!!
    I know you do.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So I did not realize @whlinder that we’ve never had the Krauts over for Winderemere Cup. Kind of odd considering our school’s greatest sports triumph other than 12-0 in 1991 is 1936 Berlin Gold. We need to recruit some German row boat fan to join our merry band.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

U boats > row boats

Good god man...get yer facts in order. The U Boats lost...twice in fact.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

U boats > row boats

Yes, but never to a bitch ass row boat.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

U boats > row boats

The sport of row boat was invented by the Engrish on the River Thames. The Engrish are 3-0 against Germany (inc 1966 in Futbol) , therefore row boat > untersee boot.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

U boats > row boats

The sport of row boat was invented by the Engrish on the River Thames. The Engrish are 3-0 against Germany (inc 1966 in Futbol) , therefore row boat > untersee boot.
    Bringing up futbol in this argument was silly. Germany owns the entire continent in that sport and has knocked England out of several major tournaments.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2019

So I did not realize @whlinder that we’ve never had the Krauts over for Winderemere Cup. Kind of odd considering our school’s greatest sports triumph other than 12-0 in 1991 is 1936 Berlin Gold. We need to recruit some German row boat fan to join our merry band.

I did not realize that either.... that's crazy. France also appears to be unwilling to travel to play a non-con race.

Sadly it appears I will be in SEA the first weekend of April, not May.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

U boats > row boats

Bringing up futbol in this argument was silly. Germany owns the entire continent in that sport and has knocked England out of several major tournaments.
    True. But I’m a self loathing German and side with England in silly futbol.
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

U boats > row boats

Such fag, J. Such fag.
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

U boats > row boats

so much moar fag, J. so much moar.