Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is it weird?

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
That I actually think we land Smalls? Top 3 player in the nation at any position. 5 years ago I would have given us a 10% chance. Under Sark 0% chance. I don't understand my life and what is going on when I wake up and think "Hey, why WOULDN'T we get Savvy?" It's like bizarro world. And I FUCKING love it.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    We are automatically in the top 3 just because we are home, so no it is not weird that you think we land him
  • Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 746
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Early indications are positive. Let yourself Doog a little.
  • justthrowitinthebagjustthrowitinthebag Member Posts: 150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2019
    I'm more or less agreed. I mean 12 months ago I think we were convinced he was going to Stanford. Under Sark he'd easily go to USC, Bama, or Climpson. I'm dooging so hard right now, but I actually feel pretty good about landing him.
  • picalogestabopicalogestabo Member Posts: 651
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The 247Sports Crystal Ball has Florida State as the early favorite to land the highly-touted linebacker. The Seminoles currently hold 43 percent of the predictions, followed by Alabama at 29 percent and Washington at 14 percent. The remaining 14 percent of predictions are undecided.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Feeling pretty good too.

The way Smalls has shown love to the hometown has me dooging too. To me it's become reminiscent of ASJ's recruitment...a lot of hand wringing and concern early on, flirtations with blue bloods outside the region, followed by some good signs, then an early commitment that made everyone go " he was a lock all along".

I'm getting a feeling about Smalls, and I'll be about 1000X more excited when he commitsthan i was for ASJ (even though he was rightfully a 5* prospect too, he was also just a TE considered to be a possible conversion project to OL).
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The 247Sports Crystal Ball has Florida State as the early favorite to land the highly-touted linebacker. The Seminoles currently hold 43 percent of the predictions, followed by Alabama at 29 percent and Washington at 14 percent. The remaining 14 percent of predictions are undecided.

I think that was "forecast" the day after Willie Taggart left Oregon for FSU and started telling everyone to DO SOMETHING!!
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Big willie doesn’t have a qb, lolz if they win 6 games I will be surprised
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

The most recent prediction was from last July. The current CBs are basically worthless.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    C'mon... Anyone with half a brain reads the internet and knows that Taggart is full of baggage and is as risky as having unprotected sex in Haiti.

Or. More. So.

Would you trust your kid with Willie?

A guy who didn't take any qbs this cycle? Yeesh
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    animate said:

C'mon... Anyone with half a brain reads the internet and knows that Taggart is full of baggage and is as risky as having unprotected sex in Haiti.

Or. More. So.

Would you trust your kid with Willie?

A guy who didn't take any qbs this cycle? Yeesh

I thought it was he didn't take qbs this cycle and last cycle AND his current qb has been dismissed. He is doing something so bizarre that he actually must have a good plan (that he doesn't want to discuss right now).
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO GET SAVELL SMALLS????
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    how many of us? are still feeling the hangover of 4/5 coaches (some may even go 5/6) so feeling weird is normal around here
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO GET SAVELL SMALLS????

Limiting my @ tweets to 2-3 a week. No one likes a stalker.
    @Doog_de_Jour can confirm.