Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2019
    Well, he lost just over an inch of height, but I'll take him.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

Domicillo said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Baseman said:

lawsandl said:

Domicillo said:

lawsandl said:

ntxduck said:

lawsandl said:

For the record Gaskin outran Ahmed straight up when they raced.

You can claim "game speed" differences but

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Oregon is pretty much favored next year. That and give Mario another class like this and it’s game over.

Off season natty confirmed
    It’s really simple. We return all but 4 starters and get an infusion of talent. Likewise, looks like Cristobal is making a home run hire at WR coach. UW probably falls off a bit. It’s on paper but I am not making this shit up.
    All those starters that came in fourth in the division last year? Seems unstoppable.

I didn’t say Oregon will be unstoppable. The fourth place argument is a bit disingenuous considering the margins were very thin last year. When you look at who’s returning what, Oregon is the favorite. However, I still expect thin margins.
    Washington’s schedule (Oregon at home) compared to Oregon’s (Stanford usc and Washington on the road) make Washington the favorite. And we (?) still don’t have any proven receivers
    Schedule is in UW’s favor. However, UW loses a QB and RB and a lot more on defense. There’s many publications echoing the same sentiment.
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

HFNY said:

I like their DC and OL. I'm not really a Herbert fan and think their fans are undervaluing what DJ Mitchell and the defensive losses brought to the table.

I don't think Herbert will play well in Husky Stadium and will face an improved pass-rush to boot.

Btw, is Cristobol on FSU's list if Willie craps the bed again?

Oregon is learning to win again. Talent helps and a defense that doesn’t need the offense clicking to play well. The defense stepped up at the end of the year and will be better next year.
    They got worse as the season went on with a QB who's a projected top-10 pick. Herbert regressed in his third year and lost his only reliable target to throw to. Ducks were gargling Leavitt's nuts after his first year and said Oregon's defense would be one of the best if not the best in the conference last season. Oregon's defense got worse and ranked #55 in the nation in total defense. Oregon lost three of their top defensive players from that defense in Jelks, Hollins, and Amadi. How will they get better without those guys when they got worse with them.
    Herbert’s regression has more to do with injuries and depth.

Do you really think losing 4 players in the two deep (including Apelu) on defense is going to cause regression? We will be better in every unit.

Do you have two separate mouths or just are able to talk out of your asshole too?
    Context is king. I was responding to the poster about losing a WR. UW is losing a qb and rb. Also, these two statements aren’t contradictory. OREGON LOSES LESS THAN WASHINGTON!
    1 us?

4 you
    We lose 4 on defense in the two deep.

We lose 1 on offense.

Your QB regressed as his Junior year progressed. He had one reliable target to throw to and now that guy is gone. That was a veteran Oregon team that got blown out by Arizona and WSU and ran all over by Utah and their back up RB and QB. Zero proven receivers returning. A defense that regressed from Leavitt's first season and was ranked #55 in the country in total defense. That defense lost three of it's best players: best DB in Amadi, best edge rusher in Hollins, and best D-lineman in Jelks. Oregon is fucking repeating UW's Sark era perfectly except with even more unwarranted and undeserved hype followed by disappointment and mediocrity. During the Sark era, UW was able to play above their heads and upset a team that was better than them from time to time (#3 USC in Sark's first season) but there was always a huge drop off playing on the road compared to at home and they had problems playing against certain match ups (No huddle, Uptempo spread offenses). Oregon managed the big upset win over UW at home, but there was a big drop off on the road, and they struggled against certain match ups (Undersized, fast, single-gap penetrating D-lines of Arizona and WSU). It's like deja vu. Looking forward to watching the Oregon mediocrity and meltdowns continue.
    Do you really think Jelks, Hollins and Amadi made the defense? For fuck’s sakes you’re a broken record. This will be the first year in 4 where Oregon returns the HC and both coordinators. This is the first season where they can build on something.

Jelks and Hollins will be replaced with DJ Johnson and Kayvon Thibodeaux. However, the slack will be picked by Scott, Faoliu and three seniors that improved over the season in Cumberlander, Baker and Carlberg. They actually will be able rotate on the line and at OLB, with Winston and Adrian Jackson.

Also, this is the first year in a long time that Oregon can go two deep at corner, Holland is an absolute fucking stud at safety and Pickett will be a junior.

ILB will finally have some depth and where Oregon fans don’t have to cross their fingers about injuries and rely on walk ons.

I am not worried about WR. A good position coach, Addison whom coaches rave about, a grad transfer and incoming studs in this class can change that unit around quickly. Besides, this year we can build on the scheme, add to the TE unit and return running backs.
    It’s amazing how you can argue the concept of Oregon having better, younger players in your depth, but can’t comprehend that everyone is telling you the same damn thing about our team, ya Idot.
    The difference imo is that you lose more. It’s a lot more on defense. I am not saying that Oregon becomes an elite team. I think Oregon makes a bigger jump.
    The pertinent question is why you're saying anything, when you should instead be killing yourself?
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Dennis how would you compare Puka to the other 2 top west coast WRs (Ngata and Ford)? Slightly worse?
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited February 2019

Dennis how would you compare Puka to the other 2 top west coast WRs (Ngata and Ford)? Slightly worse?

Not Dennis but to me there are two tiers here:

McCoy/Ngata - absolute monsters, ready to contribute day one if needed
    Ford/Nacua - high ceilings and very talented but not just able to physically impose their will while they get up to speed on technique, playbooks etc.

Nacua's fourth of the four to me but he's much closer to Ford than Ford is to McCoy or Ngata.
    How about compared to Spiker and Osborne?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I think Ngata is #1, McCoy is #2 and then there’s a drop. Nacua is at the top of that second tier.

Kyle Ford is good, but not as athletic as Puka. Puka is like Golden Tate, IMO.

I love him.

I like Kyle Ford a lot too and think he’s a big body guy who moves really well.

I just think Puka is a bit more explosive.

I Golden Tate comped him first!

I feel validated :)
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    Levels up UW all by hisself. Can’t wait to watch this kid play. Huge fucking Heart. Great Get.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    tvoie said:

The thing I noticed most about his highlights is he can seriously jump. He comes off as much taller because he is so explosive and highpoints the ball really well.

YES.

It's not just that he can jump, his vertical is good but not necessarily special. But he times his leaps exceptionally well, has just a natural knack for highpointing the ball, and has tremendous ball skills at the catch point. His raw athletic talent plays way up because of his refined skills.

He's really good.
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Don't shoot the messenger, as this is far from a done deal anyway and I'm skeptical he winds up at Oregon: The family of Penis Sewell is really close to Puka, their youngest son is on the Orem team. The rumor is that Daddy Sewell went to talk to the Nacua family, and told them they believe in Oregon so much that their oldest son, Nevada's best player, is grad transferring to Oregon. 2020 Noah Sewell seems like a no-brainer as well, so we're trying to give the best of the bagman and friends angle. Not a done deal yet on any things, but at least Penis' father bought some time.

Is this the same father that wanted to fight everybody after Penis broke his leg? Real community leader we have here

I think Ngata is #1, McCoy is #2 and then there’s a drop. Nacua is at the top of that second tier.

I love him.

Wait, cross racial comparison? Are we allowed to do that?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I love him.

You sound like a women... or ballz
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Don't shoot the messenger, as this is far from a done deal anyway and I'm skeptical he winds up at Oregon: The family of Penis Sewell is really close to Puka, their youngest son is on the Orem team. The rumor is that Daddy Sewell went to talk to the Nacua family, and told them they believe in Oregon so much that their oldest son, Nevada's best player, is grad transferring to Oregon. 2020 Noah Sewell seems like a no-brainer as well, so we're trying to give the best of the bagman and friends angle. Not a done deal yet on any things, but at least Penis' father bought some time.

Is this the same father that wanted to fight everybody after Penis broke his leg? Real community leader we have here

I love him.

Wait, cross racial comparison? Are we allowed to do that?
    Yes, the dad seemed to be of the opinion that our 5'6" 140lb cornerback intentionally gator rolled his son's leg despite the fact it was more like a dwarf was tossed and hit his son's leg.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    RDR said:
    I bet he doesn't realize that his tweet makes SC look like shit. They were all over him early and knew they had a talent. He committed to them before they had their shit season and became a joke. Chris Swanson is proof that USC is turning into WSU
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

RDR said:
    I bet he doesn't realize that his tweet makes SC look like shit. They were all over him early and knew they had a talent. He committed to them before they had their shit season and became a joke. Chris Swanson is proof that USC is turning into WSU
    did Swanson mention anything about USC's qb this class?