Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

With the reality that Puka is not coming here's my recruiting class review

13»

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

We only sucked at WR/TE recruiting, which are the two least important units for a winning football program. And now that Puka is in, WR recruiting all of a sudden doesn’t suck. So really we struck out at tight end, after taking 3 the last two classes. Calm the fuck down everyone.

everyone is calm, DDY needs to chill the fuckout and drinks Valium
    *kava
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

What I meant to say was...

Actually now, this class turns into an B+. Puka is a huge deal. We go from getting a really substandard WR class in both numbers and talent, to an above average class in talent and average in numbers. Pretty big deal. Missing out on a TE doesn't seem like a huge deal and we will live as a program, but when evaluating the class - you have to be honest with yourself and realize we play about 1.66 TEs per play. Not getting 1 person and missing your top 6... sucks.

To compete with Bama, Ohio State, Clemson (which is what we are trying to do, by the way), we probably are really only two players off in this class... Ngata/Charbs and a TE.

It's not the greatest skill class on O ever, but at least we now have two big time guys there.

I fucking love Puka. Reminds me of Dante a bit but bigger. Also he has swag.

Fuck this is wonderful.

There is no possible way one recruit is worth more than a full letter grade himself (unless he's maybe Trevor Lawrence), but I agree it's a huge pickup. Gives us like an A- class to me with the only real weaknesses TE (which I agree is a big fail) and QB (where we are as stacked as can be now and going forward).

Shocked we pulled Puka and absolutely thrilled. He's not Ngata/Bru but he's right there with Ford IMO. I love him.

He's Golden Tate with a receiver's background.
  • Options

We only sucked at WR/TE recruiting, which are the two least important units for a winning football program. And now that Puka is in, WR recruiting all of a sudden doesn’t suck. So really we struck out at tight end, after taking 3 the last two classes. Calm the fuck down everyone.

everyone is calm, DDY needs to chill the fuckout and drinks Valium
    he right that Pao Pao needs to pick it up. His only really great recruiting win is...Hunter Bryant? He's amazing don't get me wrong but I'm not giving tons of credit for an in state pick up, unless it's a Savell/JT level guy, who we usually lose.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

What I meant to say was...

Actually now, this class turns into an B+. Puka is a huge deal. We go from getting a really substandard WR class in both numbers and talent, to an above average class in talent and average in numbers. Pretty big deal. Missing out on a TE doesn't seem like a huge deal and we will live as a program, but when evaluating the class - you have to be honest with yourself and realize we play about 1.66 TEs per play. Not getting 1 person and missing your top 6... sucks.

To compete with Bama, Ohio State, Clemson (which is what we are trying to do, by the way), we probably are really only two players off in this class... Ngata/Charbs and a TE.

It's not the greatest skill class on O ever, but at least we now have two big time guys there.

I fucking love Puka. Reminds me of Dante a bit but bigger. Also he has swag.

Fuck this is wonderful.

There is no possible way one recruit is worth more than a full letter grade himself (unless he's maybe Trevor Lawrence), but I agree it's a huge pickup. Gives us like an A- class to me with the only real weaknesses TE (which I agree is a big fail) and QB (where we are as stacked as can be now and going forward).

Shocked we pulled Puka and absolutely thrilled. He's not Ngata/Bru but he's right there with Ford IMO. I love him.

He's Golden Tate with a receiver's background.
    So - I think it's just depending on how you grade things... but I think he really changed things around for this class. For instance - just add NKeal Harry to our 2017 class - it would have been a HUGE difference. I don't think Puka is as good as NKeal, but we had neither number nor quality and Puka fixed that in one recruit. So, a lot of times - one recruit can matter if he is positioned correctly.

But I see what you're saying.

This class is basically 3 players away from being an A+ - Ngata, Charbonnet and Rae. So Even though we are all happy with this, next year we could potentially break through this and hit that kind of class if we don't fuck it up.
    IF...