Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ethan Garbers, 2020 4* QB, Newport Beach (Corona Del Mar), CA (Committed)

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Ethan has, on his team, one of the best WRs and one of the best TEs on the coast.

He has an average to below average arm, he does not throw with anticipation, he isn't dynamic athletically. He basically is a complete and total JAG.

The fact that we are offering QBs that are currently rated 83s by 247 in year 8 of recruiting with Pete after 3 NY6 bowls - like WTF is wrong with us?

If it's hard to recruit a kid because of Sam, go out of region.

Jay Butterfield, Bryce Young and DJU are good. Everyone else sucks. I cannot believe we are leaving the region trying to recruit Zach Evans when Bijan Robinson is saying he hasn't heard from us in a while... and then we are offering fucking Ethan Garbers.

Ethan Garbers is a complete JAG. The easiest position to get big time guys at is fucking QB. And we are taking a 3-star to LEAD our 2020 class?

Fuck this offer. Fuck Garbers. Fuck Bush for shrivel dicking, fuck Pete for playing Brownshorts for 4 years, fuck our offense.

you have not idea the damage that brownsox did in the eyes of recruits. joe ngata went to clempson caz of brownsox
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

This kid sucks.

His brother certainly does
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I'd be 100% comfortable punting QB recruiting in the 2020 class

Was just going to say this. Get one of the big three or say fuck it. There's enough talent in the wings and there's no point wasting a scholarship on someone below the caliber we really are looking for.

Tequilla said:

I'd be 100% comfortable punting QB recruiting in the 2020 class

Was just going to say this. Get one of the big three or say fuck it. There's enough talent in the wings and there's no point wasting a scholarship on someone below the caliber we really are looking for.
    Could also be in a position to take a transfer at some point if/as needed
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Planning to visit UW soon, also has hopes to visit Utah and UCLA too. Adds the caveat at the end that he isn’t sure when he’ll make a decision but also that he may just commit if it feels like the right fit on a visit.

With how QBs have been transferring I'm not sure I'd want to actually punt on the 2020 class. There's a non-zero possibility that Eason enters the draft, Haener transfers to a lower-tier program, and the loser of Sirmon/Yankoff transfers as well.

That's a fair point ... but also a good reason why with the transfer market that you might be able to pull someone in as well.

I'm not sure that Haener transfers to be honest until he's a RS Senior ... seems like he'd value that degree.

One of Sirmon/Yankoff may transfer ... but it is what it is.

The reality is that as long as we are a top end program, there will always be the possibility if we're really hurting in numbers somehow that we become a very attractive place for a QB transfer.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Tequilla said:

With how QBs have been transferring I'm not sure I'd want to actually punt on the 2020 class. There's a non-zero possibility that Eason enters the draft, Haener transfers to a lower-tier program, and the loser of Sirmon/Yankoff transfers as well.

That's a fair point ... but also a good reason why with the transfer market that you might be able to pull someone in as well.

I'm not sure that Haener transfers to be honest until he's a RS Senior ... seems like he'd value that degree.

The reality is that as long as we are a top end program, there will always be the possibility if we're really hurting in numbers somehow that we become a very attractive place for a QB transfer.
    You're probably right about Haener, I don't necessarily see it happening, but like I said it's a possibility. He might follow the KJ Carta-Samuels career path.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    I prefer the in-state 3-star QB Matt Gabbert. 6'4 215 with a stronger arm than Garbers. Also plays baseball.

https://hudl.com/video/3/7625575/5bcbd80f3df4a30fd8d7166d
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

I prefer the in-state 3-star QB Matt Gabbert. 6'4 215 with a stronger arm than Garbers. Also plays baseball.

Meh. We should get Butterfield.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

You're probably right about Haener, I don't necessarily see it happening, but like I said it's a possibility. He might follow the KJ Carta-Samuels career path.
    @GrundleStiltzkin
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited February 2019

Yeah that'd be nice. But he's going to Stanford.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Yeah that'd be nice. But he's going to Stanford.
    I prefer good recruits to DBG/Haener II.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There are 129 FBS teams (major Power 5 plus Other 5 or whatever)

We assume each has three QBs at least

32 NFL teams

Roughly half have a QB that doesn't suck. So out of all that 16 that can play NFL ball. Probably about half of the starters (65) that can play college ball at the top level.

But they all were great in high school
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

@GrundleStiltzkin
    He's going to be that good huh?