Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Let the hype train begin

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

MisterEm said:

DJDuck said:

dhdawg said:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/way-too-early-top-25-college-football-rankings-2019

I love how this article implies that a bunch of true freshman are going to lead oregon's defense to the promised land.

What are you talking about? Oregon returns 9 of 11 starters on Defense, 10 of 11 on offense. If freshmen can beat out the starters that beat Washington so be it.
    Peyton Henry was your 2018 Quook MVP.

Congrats.

I don't blame Henry, I blame the coach who settled for a field goal when he he was running it down Oregon's throat and they were powerless to stop it.
    It’s almost like they had Napoleon Kaufman inside the Oregon 10 yard line.
    Deserves a chin but I can't. I just can't
    I gotcho back old man.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

I like their DC and OL. I'm not really a Herbert fan and think their fans are undervaluing what DJ Mitchell and the defensive losses brought to the table.

I don't think Herbert will play well in Husky Stadium and will face an improved pass-rush to boot.

Btw, is Cristobol on FSU's list if Willie craps the bed again?

Oregon is learning to win again. Talent helps and a defense that doesn’t need the offense clicking to play well. The defense stepped up at the end of the year and will be better next year.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    lawsandl said:

HFNY said:

I like their DC and OL. I'm not really a Herbert fan and think their fans are undervaluing what DJ Mitchell and the defensive losses brought to the table.

I don't think Herbert will play well in Husky Stadium and will face an improved pass-rush to boot.

Oregon is learning to win again. Talent helps and a defense that doesn’t need the offense clicking to play well. The defense stepped up at the end of the year and will be better next year.
    They got worse as the season went on with a QB who's a projected top-10 pick. Herbert regressed in his third year and lost his only reliable target to throw to. Ducks were gargling Leavitt's nuts after his first year and said Oregon's defense would be one of the best if not the best in the conference last season. Oregon's defense got worse and ranked #55 in the nation in total defense. Oregon lost three of their top defensive players from that defense in Jelks, Hollins, and Amadi. How will they get better without those guys when they got worse with them.

lawsandl said:

HFNY said:

They got worse as the season went on with a QB who's a projected top-10 pick. Herbert regressed in his third year and lost his only reliable target to throw to. Ducks were gargling Leavitt's nuts after his first year and said Oregon's defense would be one of the best if not the best in the conference last season. Oregon's defense got worse and ranked #55 in the nation in total defense. Oregon lost three of their top defensive players from that defense in Jelks, Hollins, and Amadi. How will they get better without those guys when they got worse with them.
    Herbert’s regression has more to do with injuries and depth.

Do you really think losing 4 players in the two deep (including Apelu) on defense is going to cause regression? We will be better in every unit.

• DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2019

Actually ISM was the original starter ahead of ApeluISM was injured most of the year. Apelu played better than his talent level. We will be better there. Jelks was great but KT Wil be as good, even as a freshman.

Amadi will be missed. Jevon Holland backed him up and played a lot of valuable minutes. Holland is a star. He will be better than Amadi. We have a lot of talent albiet unproven coming in at DB. Mykael Wright will play a lot as a Freshman and maybe even start.

We only lose one starter on offense with a much better recieving corps even losing our best reciever. You better get Puka because your receivers look worse than ours did last year.
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

HFNY said:

Do you really think losing 4 players in the two deep (including Apelu) on defense is going to cause regression? We will be better in every unit.

You weren't better from 2017 to 2018 idiot. That's the point. You HOPE Oregon's defense will be better. But there's nothing there to suggest they will be.
    edited February 2019
    DJDuck said:

Actually ISM was the original starter ahead of ApeluISM was injured most of the year. Apelu played better than his talent level. We will be better there. Jelks was great but KT Wil be as good, even as a freshman.

Amadi will be missed. Jevon Holland backed him up and played a lot of valuable minutes. Holland is a star. He will be better than Amadi. We have a lot of talent albiet unproven coming in at DB. Mykael Wright will play a lot as a Freshman and maybe even start.

We only lose one starter on offense with a much better recieving corps even losing our best reciever. You better get Puka because your receivers look worse than ours did last year.

Fuck you're dumb.

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

HFNY said:

You weren't better from 2017 to 2018 idiot. That's the point. You HOPE Oregon's defense will be better. But there's nothing there to suggest they will be.
    Oregon will have its best depth in a long time. Outside of one OLB spot Oregon has players starting that have contributed at a high level. That OLB spot will have DJ Johnson and Kayvon Thibodeaux vying for the spot. Oregon started putting it together toward the end of the year. There were a lot of players that showed good improvement.

edited February 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

HFNY said:

Oregon will have its best depth in a long time. Outside of one OLB spot Oregon has players starting that have contributed at a high level. That OLB spot will have DJ Johnson and Kayvon Thibodeaux vying for the spot. Oregon started putting it together toward the end of the year. There were a lot of players that showed good improvement.

Contributed at a high level my ass. You don't know what high level defense looks like. Oregon's defense was outside of the top-50 in the country. The only players on your defense that could start at UW are Holland and Dye. You're such a fucking quook it's insane.
    edited February 2019

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

HFNY said:

Contributed at a high level my ass. You don't know what high level defense looks like. Oregon's defense was outside of the top-50 in the country. The only players on your defense that could start at UW are Holland and Dye. You're such a fucking quook it's insane.
    Oregon was 42 on a per play basis and 46 and 50 via advanced stats (FEI and S&P). I am guessing Oregon ends up 25-30 in those categories. Yes, UW has a better defense and will continue to have one.

Playing at a high level is relative and I watch plenty of CFB to know what a good vs elite defense looks like.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    dhdawg said:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/way-too-early-top-25-college-football-rankings-2019

I love how this article implies that a bunch of true freshman are going to lead oregon's defense to the promised land.

Congrats on losing the rose bowl again. Amazing effort almost coming back to make close against a team who didn’t even want to be there.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

dhdawg said:

Congrats on losing the rose bowl again. Amazing effort almost coming back to make close against a team who didn’t even want to be there.
    YBE
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dhdawg said:

Still better than beating MSU 7-6 in the redbox at Levi’s stadium with the #1 QB IN THE COUNTRY!!![!!!
  • PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Doesn't all this "we're gonna be better next year" hot talk require having a real corch?
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doesn't all this "we're gonna be better next year" hot talk require having a real corch?

Classic Sarkisms all abound.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

dhdawg said:

Losing it again? Been a long damn since January 1, 1993, but thanks for noticing.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Lacks comportment and house money, IMO.

Cristobal is just like Sark. The emotional UW fan’s guide to a football discussion with a Duck fan.