Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Will Latu, 2021 3* LB, Spanaway (Bethel), WA (Committed)

Comments

• FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Pretty sure Will is gonna be a linebacker and not safety.

Yeah I'd definitely agree here if he's a legitimate 6'2" 221 already.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Pretty sure Will is gonna be a linebacker and not safety.

Does it matter?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can someone connect with their schools janitor to figure out why they haven’t offered yet?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    bigcc said:

Maybe they should stop fucking around and offer these guys
    "Love you dawg"

in the bag.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited March 2019

Time to quit fucking around and offer

If you're a local kid who wants a UW offer and UW is clearly your dream school, trying to use our biggest rival as a side piece to leverage an offer from UW probably isn't a good way to go about it. Don't whore yourself out to make the girl you really want jealous. Playing little immature teen boy games is probably going to lessen your chances at getting an offer from Petersen. That's what I'm worried about.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

If you're a local kid who wants a UW offer and UW is clearly your dream school, trying to use our biggest rival as a side piece to leverage an offer from UW probably isn't a good way to go about it. Don't whore yourself out to make the girl you really want jealous. Playing little immature teen boy games is probably going to lessen your chances at getting an offer from Petersen. That's what I'm worried about.
    stop
    edited March 2019
    Domicillo said:

This is such a bad take. Pete can’t talk about how they take their time with offers and also how they want kids to visit other schools to make sure their 100% on UW, and then also hold it against a kid for visiting another local school who already has offered both he and his brother. What are they supposed to do, just sit on their hands and wait in hopes Pete actually offers and in the meantime not visit any other top Pac12 programs?
    Sure, he wants guys to take all their visits. But having his profile picture on Twitter being him in an Oregon uniform and talking about following in his brothers footsteps to Oregon is playing games. It's obviously a jab at UW for not offering him yet and trying to make them jealous or force their hand. I don't care. But Petersen passes on dudes so easily because he's so confident in what he's building you just never know if something like that would rub him the wrong way and make him think "whatever, go to Oregon then". If I were Latu, I'd wipe Oregon shit from my Twitter and just be publicly impartial with all the schools.

Worked out ok for Kalepo
    UW was already close to offering him at the time anyways. Plus Kalepo plays a premium position where big bodies that can move like him are hard to find and recruit. UW already likely has Ethan Calvert lined up for one of the ILB spots in 2021. Other elite inside backers will come on the radar down the road. Latu is a great recruit but not a must get by any means. No point in pressing your luck because it could easily backfire and blowup in your face if you accidentally rub Petersen the wrong way. That's all I'm saying. Just chill out and take care of business on and off the field and he'll get the offer.