Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Great work by Junior on this one.

It’s right up there with the rest of the great recruiting work he’s done throughout his career. Man, I’m glad we hired someone Western Kentucky didn’t want!!
  • Options
    Meek said:

Kids are hilarious. “I’m not telling anyone!”... but I’ll completely give my hand away on Twitter.

“Quick, HURRY, follow some UCLA guys so it makes it look like you could go anywhere”
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2019

lawsandl said:

What a colossal flop. UW has a massive advantage over Oregon here. Just ridiculous.

Ever since seeing Puka at the Poly bowl, thought he was too free spirited for Petersen. He just didn’t seem like a good fit up there. He likes to have fun.
    Ha, well I guess you’ve never heard of Dick Newton or his Twitter.
    Chinned because it led me to StrongArmCobra's actual twatter account:

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited February 2019

lawsandl said:

What a colossal flop. UW has a massive advantage over Oregon here. Just ridiculous.

Ever since seeing Puka at the Poly bowl, thought he was too free spirited for Petersen. He just didn’t seem like a good fit up there. He likes to have fun.
    Ha, well I guess you’ve never heard of Dick Newton or his Twitter.
    Chinned because it led me to StrongArmCobra's actual twatter account:

Nobody likes you.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

Excuse me sir, but are you familiar with the man they call Dante Pettis?
  • Options
    I'm honestly shocked UW didn't drop this kid when he didn't sign on Signing Day. I don't think they've ever put up with as much drama as they have this recruiting class. First with Asa and now Puka. I guess Pete is adapting a bit because getting beat by the big boys is more irritating than putting up with recruiting drama. Sometimes you have to put up with some stupid ass drama on the recruiting trail in order to win on the field. I'm gonna laugh my ass off if this kid is stupid enough to pick Oregon over UW. Utah I would understand with them being his hometown school, but not Oregon. I'm blown away with UW's 2019 class as it is. Puka or no Puka. We on our way up fr fr. No worries.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

Ok St board catching wind that WR coach may be headed to Oregon. This is all coming together nicely. Dunn, Nacua and Juwan Johnson and the passing game will improve.

True Freshman and a transfer gonna greatly improve Oregon's passing game? Good luck with that.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2019
    How do you see peoples’ most recent twitter follows? I don’t know that, but just looking at his follows, he has more from this UW class than Oregon’s.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

lawsandl said:

Ok St board catching wind that WR coach may be headed to Oregon. This is all coming together nicely. Dunn, Nacua and Juwan Johnson and the passing game will improve.

True Freshman and a transfer gonna greatly improve Oregon's passing game? Good luck with that.
    Dunn is a developer as a WR coach. Juwan Johnson gives us a big target. With Nacua we get depth at the very least.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

How do you see peoples’ most recent twitter follows? I don’t know that, but just looking at his follows, he has more from this UW class than Oregon’s.

mobile.twitter

His recent follows are 2 ucla guys tho
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Dunn is a developer as a WR coach. Juwan Johnson gives us a big target. With Nacua we get depth at the very least.
    Still don't see how any of that will improve Oregon's passing game for next season besides hopes and dreams. No WR coach is a miracle worker. That's a tough situation to walk into. One Penn State reject transfer WR and some true Freshman ain't gonna cut it. The guys that have been there and know the offense need to get a lot better and some just aren't talented enough. With all those tough road games it just doesn't look good to me. After next season, 2020 and beyond looks very iffy for Oregon at QB. They would have to hit the jackpot with Millen or whats his face to be relevant in the North title race. Dunn may take the significant pay bump to go to Oregon but that's a bad career move to step on that sinking ship for more money in the short run.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Still don't see how any of that will improve Oregon's passing game for next season besides hopes and dreams. No WR coach is a miracle worker. That's a tough situation to walk into. One Penn State reject transfer WR and some true Freshman ain't gonna cut it. The guys that have been there and know the offense need to get a lot better and some just aren't talented enough. With all those tough road games it just doesn't look good to me. After next season, 2020 and beyond looks very iffy for Oregon at QB. They would have to hit the jackpot with Millen or whats his face to be relevant in the North title race. Dunn may take the significant pay bump to go to Oregon but that's a bad career move to step on that sinking ship for more money in the short run.
    Lol, a player with 52 catches and 700+ yards two seasons ago when he wasn’t banged up. He’s 6’4” 225 and Bryan Addison came on late last season. There will be options.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2019

Update from the Utah mod...

"So, I got an update... I think, if he goes out of state it's UW and if he listens to mom's request of playing closer to home, it will be Utah. We'll all be in the dark until tomorrow night, Puka has sworn people to secrecy - one of which is our own, Blair Angulo - and said he won't even be telling coaches his decision beforehand."

So is @HuskyClaws or @SteveBartle her “source”.

Because this shit was 7 hours ago.

Proof Roof reads HH. Stealing HuskyClaws’ info!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    ntxduck said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Lol, a player with 52 catches and 700+ yards two seasons ago when he wasn’t banged up. He’s 6’4” 225 and Bryan Addison came on late last season. There will be options.
    Bryan Addison, the Bryan Addison with 0 career catches?
    Yes, the coaching staff was considering pulling his redshirt. The kid is helluva an athlete and no one comes close in Oregon’s unit. I am not sayings Oregon will have a good WR unit. I am asking for an adequate unit. Juwan Johnson, Bryan Addison with Redd in the slot will create some mismatches. Also, the offense had a cascading effect with this being the first year in the system, two new RBs and little talent out wide. McCormick breaking his leg at TE compounded the issue. I do think a good coach can get something out of Johnny Johnson.

One the 4-5 receivers (number depend on Puka) should be good enough to make an impact.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Puka saw the poly connection at the poly bowl. Hard to turn that down.

Family is important and if he chooses that then Utah is a good choice.

I say washington!