Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Assuming Puka isn't coming to UW

The Huskies need to bring in 3 stud WRs next year. I hope Adams is making progress with the 2020 class. I would love Johnny Wilson:

https://247sports.com/player/johnny-wilson-46036733/

Comments

• LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Johnny Wilson and Jalen McMillan.

It’s just that easy.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2019

It’s just that easy.

And Josh Jackson. Then and only then can you can talk about a Loya or Odunze type as a 4th.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

It’s just that easy.

Wilson is not coming here. Early UW lean that they'll cool on but you'll think they lost out on.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Domicillo said:

It’s just that easy.

And Josh Jackson. Then and only then can you can talk about a Loya or Odunze type as a 4th.
    Would y'all really complain about who get 3rd or 4th assuming we get Wilson and McMillan? Get those 2 and it's an A class regardless of what happens after it.

It’s just that easy.

Wilson is not coming here. Early UW lean that they'll cool on but you'll think they lost out on.
    Lol. Your retardation never ceases to amaze me. Sav’ell Smalls and Johnny Wilson have the same odds of the coaches “cooling” on them.

I get what you’re saying like we cooled on Nacua and Ford when we shouldn’t have and I’m absolutely down to bash the coaches for being to precious in their WR roster spots but not like this. Burks talked Bush into recruiting this kid when he was in 8th grade which is something Pete fucking hates which shows you how special this kid is.
    Domicillo said:

It’s just that easy.

I completely agree. If you get Wilson & McMillan, it becomes much easier to take Gary Bryant or Logan Loya. But without either Wilson or McMillan, you cannot miss Jackson and be satisfied with Gary Bryant.

I know for a fact that Pete is developing a really good relationship with the Bosco coaches and I’ve had sources tell me taking Logan Loya would be to establish a connection to Beaux Collins who they offered instead of Troy Franklin our of Menlo-Atherton.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

Domicillo said:

It’s just that easy.

Would y'all really complain about who get 3rd or 4th assuming we get Wilson and McMillan? Get those 2 and it's an A class regardless of what happens after it.
    Yes, yes I would. Thats like saying if we got Bandes and Tui but not Sama or Ngalu its the same grade as getting all four.

Process and Results = coaches’ full recruiting evaluation.
    edited February 2019

It’s just that easy.

Lol. Your retardation never ceases to amaze me. Sav’ell Smalls and Johnny Wilson have the same odds of the coaches “cooling” on them.

I get what you’re saying like we cooled on Nacua and Ford when we shouldn’t have and I’m absolutely down to bash the coaches for being to precious in their WR roster spots but not like this. Burks talked Bush into recruiting this kid when he was in 8th grade which is something Pete fucking hates which shows you how special this kid is.
    Yeah no, the coaches would never cool on Smalls. He's a legit 5-star. Wilson is basically Ty Jones if Jones was from California and got more exposure. Wilson is a great recruit and I'd love to have him because of his size and catch radius but his speed and quickness in and out of breaks is sub-par which is often the case with the tall receivers that are 6'4+. I could easily see UW cooling on him for guys who can run better routes and get more separation. Wilson will probably run like a 4.7-4.8 40 at a camp. That's what his game speed looks like right now.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    Johnny Wilson will cum and be a Gwad!!!!

It’s just that easy.

Yeah no, the coaches would never cool on Smalls. He's a legit 5-star. Wilson is basically Ty Jones if Jones was from California and got more exposure. Wilson is a great recruit and I'd love to have him because of his size and catch radius but his speed and quickness in and out of breaks is sub-par which is often the case with the tall receivers that are 6'4+. I could easily see UW cooling on him for guys who can run better routes and get more separation. Wilson will probably run like a 4.7-4.8 40 at a camp. That's what his game speed looks like right now.
    Bruh you said Kyle Patterson was going to be an NFL star.

I agree Johnny may seem slow and I’ve had the same worries until I realized every single recruit has weaknesses. But ummmm I don’t know if you’ve looked around but ummmm UDUB doesn’t have the luxury of cooling on the number 1 WR on the west coast. He’s much longer than Ty is and Ty was really raw, and Ty’s hands still look raw.
    Stop fucking lying! I said Kyle Petterson has NFL talent which he fucking does. Um hello, offers from UW, UCLA, Georgia, and Alabama. No shit he has NFL talent. Good for him being a military guy. That's honorable.

They have the luxury to be as picky as they want to be. Wilson is not the #1 WR on the West coast. That's absurd. Another stupid ranking just because of a kid's size. If Wilson is the #1 WR then any 6'5 high school basketball player that can catch can play football and be the #1 WR too. There's a lot more that goes into playing WR than just size. You gotta be both quick and fast and you gotta have routes. I'd rather have a 6'2-6'3 guy who's fast and has routes than a slow 6'5 guy who's stiff and can't separate. But that's just me.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It’s just that easy.

I agree Johnny may seem slow and I’ve had the same worries until I realized every single recruit has weaknesses. But ummmm I don’t know if you’ve looked around but ummmm UDUB doesn’t have the luxury of cooling on the number 1 WR on the west coast. He’s much longer than Ty is and Ty was really raw, and Ty’s hands still look raw.
    Good for him being a military guy. That's honorable.
    Yeah, that's what happened.
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651

It’s just that easy.

Good for him being a military guy. That's honorable.
    Yeah, that's what happened.
    You're an idiot if you don't think he could have gone to a better football school than Air Force. At a minimum he could have stayed home and went to Arizona or ASU or went to UCLA. Bama reportedly wanted him to officially visit after he visited UW and he turned them down. All the facts say he chose the military route over football.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I know it has been talked about on this board but this is what Gary Bryant told Biggins about Washington in mid September:

“Washington is recruiting me the hardest right now and I’m definitely going to get out there for a game. They’re only taking one receiver in my class so that’s a good thing. It means if I committed, I would be the only guy and could get in and compete for playing time right away.”

Granted Lubick probably said this but why would we take 1 when were losing 4 with Chin as a couch candidate. I think we take 3 next year.

I know it has been talked about on this board but this is what Gary Bryant told Biggins about Washington in mid September:

“Washington is recruiting me the hardest right now and I’m definitely going to get out there for a game. They’re only taking one receiver in my class so that’s a good thing. It means if I committed, I would be the only guy and could get in and compete for playing time right away.”

Granted Lubick probably said this but why would we take 1 when were losing 4 with Chin as a couch candidate. I think we take 3 next year.

He probably confused them telling him they were only taking 1 receiver in the 2019 class with his class.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

It’s just that easy.

Yes, yes I would. Thats like saying if we got Bandes and Tui but not Sama or Ngalu its the same grade as getting all four.

Process and Results = coaches’ full recruiting evaluation.
    Bandes, Tui, and Ngalu would still get an easy A grade even if Bandes, Tui, plus Sama and Ngalu is better. You get the top 2 DTs on the west, it's still an A grade in hindsight.

I agree that getting Josh Jackson after Wilson and McMillan would be better than getting Loya or Odunze, but that doesn't mean the class doesn't deserve an A. You get the top 2 WRs on the west, you deserve an A and you shouldn't be upset about it.