Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Marjon Beauchamp

Comments

• RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    His shot is average... the rotation ain't great.

Rotation looks good to me.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    RDR said:

His shot is average... the rotation ain't great.

Rotation looks good to me.
    The guide hand is in kind of a funky location on the ball - but the rotation is fine.

At least he's not a cross-face shooter.

• BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I stand by my comments.

He's not up to the level of a 5-star prospect.

He's gotta put on 20 lbs of muscle or he's gonna get bullied. Better athletes already bully him at the HS level... watch the highlights when they played the team from Temecula... where was he? He looked like shit compared to the stars on that team.

Playing alongside the best talent the state has to offer by transferring high schools 4 different times masks a lot of his deficiencies.

He's an OK basketball player due for a major wake-up call at the next level.
    edited February 2019

I stand by my comments.

He's gotta put on 20 lbs of muscle or he's gonna get bullied. Better athletes already bully him at the HS level... watch the highlights when they played the team from Temecula... where was he? He looked like shit compared to the stars on that team.

Playing alongside the best talent the state has to offer by transferring high schools 4 different times masks a lot of his deficiencies.

It would suck if he was so bad he had to stay 2-3 years.
    I'd much rather have players who are ready to make an immediate impact... the Nowell types. Raequan Battle is a better player than Beuachamp right now in my opinion. He's an elite athlete with a CJ Wilcox level stroke. He'll get on the floor and contribute right away. I'm not saying Beauchamp can't be a good player, I just don't think his 5-star designation is accurate.

If he were a 4 star I'd be much less critical. A 5-star kid I expect to come in and average 20 off the rip and start for the Dawgs. He won't... and a kid who has transferred 14 times? I wonder how not seeing the floor will go... can you say pout.

I was actually pissed we didn't get CJ Elleby... I think he's a better college prospect than Beauchamp... and fits our system a lot better.

You know who will a freaking stud the second he steps on the floor? Isaiah Stewart... he's elite talent.

I stand by my comments.

It would suck if he was so bad he had to stay 2-3 years.
    I'd much rather have players who are ready to make an immediate impact... the Nowell types. Raequan Battle is a better player than Beuachamp right now in my opinion. He's an elite athlete with a CJ Wilcox level stroke. He'll get on the floor and contribute right away. I'm not saying Beauchamp can't be a good player, I just don't think his 5-star designation is accurate.

If he were a 4 star I'd be much less critical. A 5-star kid I expect to come in and average 20 off the rip and start for the Dawgs. He won't... and a kid who has transferred 14 times? I wonder how not seeing the floor will go... can you say pout.

I was actually pissed we didn't get CJ Elleby... I think he's a better college prospect than Beauchamp... and fits our system a lot better.

You know who will a freaking stud the second he steps on the floor? Isaiah Stewart... he's elite talent.
    Averaging 20 per game in college is big time and very rare.

I doubt Stewart does better than 15 and 10 (which is very good).
    Yeah I know... and I meant that as more of, "I expect a 5 star to WOW me." I don't expect that from Beauchamp. Not at all.

Raequan Battle is not better than Beauchamp sorry. Marjon might not have eye popping athleticism sure. But he can really really handle it and he can stroke it. He’s super long at 6”6. Decent passer too. He’s basically Dejounte Murray but probably a better shooter.

Plz get this fuckery off the bored. Thanks.

I'll believe it when I see it. He has the strength of an 11-year-old girl... you wanna stop him? Put someone with some muscle in his face and he trips all over himself.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Raequan Battle is not better than Beauchamp sorry. Marjon might not have eye popping athleticism sure. But he can really really handle it and he can stroke it. He’s super long at 6”6. Decent passer too. He’s basically Dejounte Murray but probably a better shooter.

I'll believe it when I see it. He has the strength of an 11-year-old girl... you wanna stop him? Put someone with some muscle in his face and he trips all over himself.
    He’s also a junior and won metro league MVP over Paolo.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

This is exactly what people said about Durant coming into the NBA. Skill > strength, especially for a teenager.

He’s also a junior and won metro league MVP over Paolo.
    Oh boy... MVP of the Metro League... who gives a fuck? When they played quality opponents... the Jefferson's, Sheldon's, Sunrise Academies... how'd he do? I've watched the games... he didn't take over. He didn't dominate. He couldn't... he's not enough of an impact player. Watch the guys from Sheldon... Jesus... they make him and RB look like clowns.

Hit the weight room. Put on some damn muscle. Get more athletic and explosive.

Or it simply means nothing. He's a stick figure. How nobody is literally forcing him to eat more and lift a few dumb bells is astounding.

This is exactly what people said about Durant coming into the NBA. Skill > strength, especially for a teenager.
    WAY WAY WAY different. He was 6'11 and could shoot the lights out. Durant was a better Jaden McDaniels.

Beauchamp is in NO way comparable. They have significantly different skillsets. Durant doesn't/didn't need the strength... he had amazing footwork and shot OVER you. He didn't need to get around you.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2019
    I love the “this is fact because I think it is, but I won’t listen to any rebuttals” type arguments. We’ve got one creating aids on at least one thread on every single board here.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

I don't give a fuck if he's better or worse than another player or he's a 5 star or 4 star. He's a stud athlete in our backyard and I would rather he play for UW than another school.

God bless you hondo.