Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Felis Concolor cuoged it

13»

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

He is lucky it was just a little squirt. I work with CPW predator staff. Some of the big males they've collared are 2 hundo. In that region as well.

I’m never hiking horsetooth again...
    You'd only have to worry about an old, sick, or injured cat. If you see one, it's because he/she wanted you to see them. Dogs often miss scent as they are watching from above.

Travel in pairs and carry bear spray (yes, bear spray) and a good knife on your hip or inner thigh. Not in your backpack or faggy fanny-pack millenial cellphone shit.Make lots of noise. Announce your presence around blind corners.

We've got NPs and NFs in MT, WY and Alaska we cannot carry firearms to collect remote sensing data. "Minimum tool" analysis bologna.

Bear spray is deadly effective on wolves, bears and cats.

They go right to panic mode and bolt.

The sound of a gunshot alone can often turn a predator into kill/fight mode. When you hit them and don't kill them, it is worse. Seen it first hand with partially trapped or maimed bears.

Many large northern predators know a gunshot means a dinner bell. You may bring in more trouble to your camp the next day....even if you scared off your initial nuisance target.

Yeah, I’ll just stick with skiing and running in town...
    Colorado is mild. CPW has been paying a team of mercenaries to keep all predators down (cats, coyotes, black and griz) for decades. There are two populations of isolated griz here CPW is forbidden to discuss....

This is just so out of state noobs can pop a giant 5x5 lawn elk 50 yards from the ATV trails. Many of these bucks were eating fresh sod on front lawns the previous spring in Estes Park.

I'd be more worried around ellensburg and north of Colville. Huge cats (nearing 3 hundo), wolf packs and the red man will get you before any Boulder hippy mini-cat will.

EDIT: WDFW will laugh at you if a bear/cat/wolf disturb your camp and you call in. CPW will be forced to remove it.
    My friend who goes to Central had a big car encounter not too long ago. Said it was a smaller one though.
    What, like an old Lincoln Town Car? Or are we talking stretch limo?
    Town car. He’s pour...

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I don't want my dog hurt.

I went hiking with my wife

*rim shot*

What makes you think she'd save you if a cat attacked?
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

*rim shot*

He only has to run faster than her?

Obv the dog is going to outrun Grandpa Race

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

dflea said:

*rim shot*

He only has to run faster than her?

Obv the dog is going to outrun Grandpa Race

Dflea is an outdoorsman. That he didn't know this simple, old school solution for cat safety is shocking and disappointing. There's no telling when, but he's as good as eaten.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Info on grizzlies in Colorado plz
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm hearing that cougars are over rated and bears are a lot more likely to surprise and maul you.

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I'm hearing that cougars are over rated and bears are a lot more likely to surprise and maul you.

11 wins, top 10

Cal TOO HIGH