Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lookout Landing

Does anyone else lurk there?

Comments

• jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I do. Saw you get tons of shit on that call about the FA (Kikuchi I think). Pretty good Mariner site.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,512
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah and they just banned me for being right about the Lorena Martin fiasco. Kate Pressuer made a strange / snide comment after I quoted KOMO. I essentially said I could make one back but was too busy taking a victory lap.

And then suddenly I was banned. Talk about Stalinists over there, apparently they don't like it when people disagree with their agenda and then turn out to be right to boot.

I do. Saw you get tons of shit on that call about the FA (Kikuchi I think). Pretty good Mariner site.

• jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    HFNY said:

Yeah and they just banned me for being right about the Lorena Martin fiasco. Kate Pressuer made a strange / snide comment after I quoted KOMO. I essentially said I could make one back but was too busy taking a victory lap.

And then suddenly I was banned. Talk about Stalinists over there, apparently they don't like it when people disagree with their agenda and then turn out to be right to boot.

Yeah, just saw that thread. Don't really understand why you got banned there. I guess Kate was annoyed that she didn't get credit because you got it from Komo, then Tim decided you saying you could be snide was enough?

Who knows
    Standard Supporter
    Nah, it was that I was right about the MLB investigation and was vocal about it concluded because they were biased from the onset. It's as if they want the Mariner's to go down just so they could be right. Totally crazy, and then when I had the nerve to say was happy about the MLB's findings once or twice got me booted.

The have some sort of axe to grind with the organization, not sure if it's jealousy or one of the women writers at LL applied for an M's job and didn't get it. It's totally bizarre and other posters also wondered why they won't give it up, still pinning it at the top of the page.

I might tweak them for entertainment since they hate the M's. Martin's first attorney dropped her right before the MLB press release and it doesn't take a Legal Eagle to see that Martin is full of shit.

• DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,401
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    I visit that site frequently (ChokeUpPerconte), but rarely post because I don't feel like getting smacked down for not following the party line … or accidently misspelling a player's name.
    Standard Supporter
    I actually think they might have a chance to sneak into the playoffs in 2020.

Most of the exciting action will be at AA and AAA in 2019.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I used to but that place went way downhill after Jeff Sullivan left. Used to be the best team fanzine anywhere, Sullivan was incredible at describing the heartbreak and despair of Mariner fandom. But after he left it turned super homer optimistic like every corporate team site does and it's pretty much shit now.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    HFNY said:

I actually think they might have a chance to sneak into the playoffs in 2020.

Most of the exciting action will be at AA and AAA in 2019.

Yeah, no.