Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jordan Banks, 2020 4* Buck/LB, Harbor City (Narbonne), CA (NOT committed to Bama)

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Tafisi's style IMO is more tailed to supporting the run game ... Sirmon's tape to me looked more like he's ready to play in passing situations
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Passion said:

Domicillo said:

Passion said:

But we Dont have any de’s black players

This. We have no shot? Narbonne? Yeah right.
    I attended the recruiting banquet tonight. Fun to geek out a little.

Anyway, Malloe was the funniest coach on stage (Adams is a dud). He told some humorous stories and his comments about the interior DL caused laughs. Definitely can see why he is a good recruiter.

However, his pitch is completely tailored for island kids. He basically said his entire reason for being at Washington is because he sees so many similarities between Polynesian culture and the culture established by Pete. It was heartfelt, but made me wonder what kids from other backgrounds would think.
    Kwat is recruiting this kid btw. But thanks for the info, if you wanted to make another thread/post with any other thoughts/notes from the banquet I’m sure people would enjoy.
    A few highlights:

- Coaches mingled around with guests before the program began, which was cool. Surely they all had better things to do than hang with 300 arm chair experts.

- My two fiends and I had a good chat with Millie. Very personable and very stoked about this class, I asked if any of the new guys would play next year or if Levi, Tuli, Tamani and other older guys would shoulder the load. He smiled and said, “ Oh yeah, they’ll play.”

- Coach Pete didn’t talk about individual guys, but rather talked about this class in general and fielded questions.

- Damon Huard MC’d. Enthusiastic, and a little dorky.

- dumbest question of the night from the audience: “what about Puca Nacua?” Pete just turned the other way and said, “I don’t know him.“

- Best question of the night: somebody asked about tight ends. Pete just said it’s hard to find a tight end that can do all of the things they ask them to do. So, some years they may pass on people rather than just settle.

- When asked about defensive guys that are ready to make their mark, Jimmy Lake mentioned MJ Tafisi and a walk on named Edefuon Ulofoshio.

- Lake also said he thought McDuffie was the best CB in the he west.

- Cameron Williams is a violent player, ala JoJo McCintosh.

- Gregory is fired up about the LBs. very matter of fact coach-like speaking style. Said Tuputola may be the sleeper of the class. Kid is 248 pounds! Over 30 pounds heavier than Heimuli!

- Huff said it was the biggest OL class he’s ever had

- Bhonapha is funny but I dont sense a great deal of energy

Will post more tidbits later
    Good shit, thank you.

Doesn't sound like we're still in on Puka.
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Meek said:

"Don't know him" = FTG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he not allowed to talk about Puka directly until he signs with a program? So you can do the Jimmy Lake subtweet (Dawg fans show this guy love etc) but you can't actually say "Puka is deciding and we don't know yet."

I mean, we know he's going to Oregon, but still.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

But we Dont have any de’s black players

This. We have no shot? Narbonne? Yeah right.
    I attended the recruiting banquet tonight. Fun to geek out a little.

Anyway, Malloe was the funniest coach on stage (Adams is a dud). He told some humorous stories and his comments about the interior DL caused laughs. Definitely can see why he is a good recruiter.

However, his pitch is completely tailored for island kids. He basically said his entire reason for being at Washington is because he sees so many similarities between Polynesian culture and the culture established by Pete. It was heartfelt, but made me wonder what kids from other backgrounds would think.
    I was there and Milloe just seems passionate about the UW. That passion exudes out of his every pore. If your interested in the OKG schtick then Milloe will sell you on it. School, family, football and life after football. When CIM's time on stage was up my two friends and I all said 'Fuck I would run through a brick wall for that guy right now'. We are all slow strategy white guys but still the guy can sell what UW's got. I would say in order he is most likely to close out 1.Poly kids
    2. all Local kids 3. out of state African and white kids 4. out of state African American kids.
    Agreed, and it's a problem.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2019
    For the sake of my ADD, and out of respect for Jordan Banks who is never coming here, please...
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/56632/deserves-own-thread-uw-recruiting-banquet#latest
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Woof said:

https://247sports.com/college/washington/Article/Washington-Huskies-Football-Recruiting-Four-Star-2020-Pass-Rusher-Jordan-Banks-Talks-Washington-Visit-129010202/

Promising stuff here. UW, Bama, and Oklahoma standing out. No mention of the LA schools.

"A big thing that really stood out to me was the vibe I got when I was there. They really care about players and making sure they are successful in their lives, not just on the football field. They want to help you grow in every way possible and they also are all about great football players, so they really focus on developing you on the field too. It's really impressive to see their 'Built For Life' program and what it's all about. I know my parents loved that part of it too."

Banks said he also loved the campus and the weather.

"The campus is old and I loved that," Banks noted. "The buildings are all old and the (architecture) is really cool. It just had that old college feel.

"I also saw snow when I was there. I'd never seen snow before, so for it to start snowing, that was really cool. It was just a fun trip overall."

Wish he could be back here right now to enjoy the snow.

god if kawasaki closes this kid out that would be amazing
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who has that “new” college feel?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

https://247sports.com/Article/Oklahoma-Washington-and-Florida-making-big-push-for-Jordan-Banks-Alabama-and-Oregon-will-get-visits--129074876/

Biggins just dropped his report on Banks. Measured in at 6'1 230 at the Opening regional. Says UW, Florida and Oklahoma recruiting him the hardest. Has interest on Oregon and Bama. Wants to officially visit to see game atmosphere. I would bring him up for Oregon or USC.

We rarely do officials during the season and if we do it's never for a game with an atmosphere worth a shit.