Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Henry To'oto'o, 4* 2019 LB, Concord (De La Salle), CA (Offered 2/23/17)

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Its also why mid level or worse SEC teams look like monsters against our gritty little Pac 12 teams.

At least Petersen is getting size on the line. I'll give him that. Nice of me
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

UT blows...I'll be more pissed off if/when Puka pukes out on us...we have 5 LB recruits already. I think he's got a 50/50 chance of being an average SEC linebacker or getting to UT and flaming out because he is pissed off that he's in the middle of nowhere in the mountains, his dad forced him to go where he didn't really want to go, and the coach keeps screaming and kicking whiteboards on the sidelines.

Think there is a good chance he'll be transferring back to Cal, UA, or ASU in 2 years...

Too bad Petersen doesn't do transfers. Gonna be a big market soon for West coast kids who are forced to go to an SEC school by their parents for money and then decide to transfer closer to home when it doesn't work out.
    *cough* DJ Johnson...
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    animate said:

Dad is smart. Running a bidding war...

And waited until his son was most in demand to do it.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    He made that whole commitment video and there is absolutely nothing on his twitter.
  • Options

He's coming. He and his parents care about academics. Petersen has sold him and his parents on UW being able to help him get to the league as well as anybody while also providing a better and more respected degree than Bama in case making a career out of football doesn't work out or doesn't completely set him up financially for the rest of his life, he'll want to have that UW degree to fall back on. The in-state schools have always been out of it because he want's to get away from home and "grow as a man" and be independent. UW offers him that opportunity without being a burden on his family with them having to fly across the country to see him play in person. I'm just completely making shit up but that's how I envision this playing out so that's what's going to happen.

1) You proved that you are in fact Roof and not a 6'6" black man when you repeatedly said he was already committed to UW and then ran your story as such.

2) I commend you for having the Ballz (lol see what I did there) to make your stand and stick with it. I appreciate when you do. It's the doubling down I struggle with.

3) I hoped and dreamed you were right.

4) Bumping this because while you were likely right on Toot Toot, you were wrong on his parents, and we must never forget.
    Did you miss the part when I said "I'm just completely making shit up..."
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

Okay, I've calmed down now. We probably don't need to pay for kids to win a national title. But nobody likes getting bent over and fucked by cheaters at the last minute when you don't cheat. It's fucking infuriating. However, there are enough elite OKG's out there who's families aren't looking for a hand out for UW to get and win with especially with these loaded in-state classes coming up. We'll be fine. We'll get there. Just gonna take longer being the nice guys. But still...fuck us and fuck this elite Poly linebacker's dad...again.

If we dont want to do the pay for play game with the big boy SEC types then we need to get better at identifying those kids and stop recruiting them... We are clearly wasting resources recruiting kids that we dont actually have a chance with because we are unwilling to play the game required to sign them.

Which is why we end up standing at the altar, alone, holding our dicks when its closing time, every recruiting class has had at least one major fucking hole of completely missing a position group due to foreseeable season long mismanagement and last second fuckery.

Can't complete a great season with a big win, can't complete a great recruiting class with a good close.
    This is a great post. We seem to be able to put together great classes and seasons, but we never finish strong, in either case. We are the ultimate slow strategy fucks.
    You are fucking stupid if you think we didn’t finish strong last year. We got tuli and dr j to close it out
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

He made that whole commitment video and there is absolutely nothing on his twitter.

Cause it wasn’t for Tennessee....
  • Options
    Domicillo said:

Props to the dad if he’s able to double dip on this one
    I am all in for parents pimping their kids
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Domicillo said:

dhdawg said:

Cause it wasn’t for Tennessee....
    Man would I love to see it.
  • Options

Domicillo said:

If you can't pimp your own kids, who can you pimp?
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Domicillo said:

If you can't pimp your own kids, who can you pimp?
    @VenoysPinkyRing ??? TRUE????
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,826
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I can't blame the Toot Toot family for wanting their kid to go to the SEC. Once you've invested 18 years in feeding, driving, clothing, and whatever else it takes to raise a 4-star kid, you want to start getting some ROI as fast as possible.

It is my understanding that 3* kids do not get fed or clothes from their families.
    This is true, they

free pub alert

This was the tamest fucking post on here in years.
  • Options
    To all the Vols that are visiting- do you fuck your pigs after fucking your sisters?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,826
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

To all the Vols that are visiting- do you fuck your pigs after fucking your sisters?

POTD
  • Options
    JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

UT blows...I'll be more pissed off if/when Puka pukes out on us...we have 5 LB recruits already. I think he's got a 50/50 chance of being an average SEC linebacker or getting to UT and flaming out because he is pissed off that he's in the middle of nowhere in the mountains, his dad forced him to go where he didn't really want to go, and the coach keeps screaming and kicking whiteboards on the sidelines.

Think there is a good chance he'll be transferring back to Cal, UA, or ASU in 2 years...

Too bad Petersen doesn't do transfers. Gonna be a big market soon for West coast kids who are forced to go to an SEC school by their parents for money and then decide to transfer closer to home when it doesn't work out.
    And the money is non refundable

Sign in December, take the cash, enter the portal for February

We should be helping these kids make smart decisions like that
    I'm ready to close. Tell me where to show up and I will ABC those kids!