Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Henry To'oto'o, 4* 2019 LB, Concord (De La Salle), CA (Offered 2/23/17)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited February 2019
    Houhusky said:

Okay, I've calmed down now. We probably don't need to pay for kids to win a national title. But nobody likes getting bent over and fucked by cheaters at the last minute when you don't cheat. It's fucking infuriating. However, there are enough elite OKG's out there who's families aren't looking for a hand out for UW to get and win with especially with these loaded in-state classes coming up. We'll be fine. We'll get there. Just gonna take longer being the nice guys. But still...fuck us and fuck this elite Poly linebacker's dad...again.

If we dont want to do the pay for play game with the big boy SEC types then we need to get better at identifying those kids and stop recruiting them... We are clearly wasting resources recruiting kids that we dont actually have a chance with because we are unwilling to play the game required to sign them.

Which is why we end up standing at the altar, alone, holding our dicks when its closing time, every recruiting class has had at least one major fucking hole of completely missing a position group due to foreseeable season long mismanagement and last second fuckery.

Can't complete a great season with a big win, can't complete a great recruiting class with a good close.
    It's impossible to identify them unless they overtly drop hints at UW that they're looking for a handout which is why they stopped recruiting Kayvon Thibadeaux. If not, everything is hush hush, the kid and his parents will say all the right things to the UW coaches and UW has no way of knowing anything. In this case, it looks like Tennessee came in with a big money offer at the last minute out of desperation and the dad couldn't refuse whatever number it was. The same dad who's been saying "football is a pathway to a free education" and pretended like he cared about his son going to a good academic school when obviously he doesn't. Some people are just two faced and full of shit. They'll tell you one thing and then fuck you over in an instant if they feel it best serves their own self interests.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Domicillo said:

If anyone wants to doog it out. Tennessee hasn't announced Henry on their twitter yet. They did for the other commit they got today.

it's over man
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Okay, I've calmed down now. We probably don't need to pay for kids to win a national title. But nobody likes getting bent over and fucked by cheaters at the last minute when you don't cheat. It's fucking infuriating. However, there are enough elite OKG's out there who's families aren't looking for a hand out for UW to get and win with especially with these loaded in-state classes coming up. We'll be fine. We'll get there. Just gonna take longer being the nice guys. But still...fuck us and fuck this elite Poly linebacker's dad...again.

If we dont want to do the pay for play game with the big boy SEC types then we need to get better at identifying those kids and stop recruiting them... We are clearly wasting resources recruiting kids that we dont actually have a chance with because we are unwilling to play the game required to sign them.

Which is why we end up standing at the altar, alone, holding our dicks when its closing time, every recruiting class has had at least one major fucking hole of completely missing a position group due to foreseeable season long mismanagement and last second fuckery.

Can't complete a great season with a big win, can't complete a great recruiting class with a good close.
    This is a great post. We seem to be able to put together great classes and seasons, but we never finish strong, in either case. We are the ultimate slow strategy fucks.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

This is a great post. We seem to be able to put together great classes and seasons, but we never finish strong, in either case. We are the ultimate slow strategy fucks.
    Money talks and bullshit walks.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

We finished with a vengeance last year.

I think we’re overstating the bagman aspect. Blaming every recruit who goes somewhere else on them getting paid is doog as fuck. Kaho got paid, we knew all along dad had his hand out. Otherwise? Who the fuck knows? But we’re not doing some shit job if identifying kids who click with what we offer. Our offer to commit ratio is super high and our late signing pursuit to signee ratio of 2:1 this year is well above average.

Our classes are getting better year over year and we’re gradually weeding out dead recruiting weight on the staff in the process.

As always, recruiting is about who you get, not who you didn’t get. Everybody misses more than they get, it’s the nature of it.

What we got is a fucking sensational class.
    To be fair, there's always going to be more ire on a missed recruit when we offer so many less players than others. Sure the ratio is great, but it just means that much more when we miss.

Certainly not the end of the world, but I understand why people are upset
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 597
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

UT blows...I'll be more pissed off if/when Puka pukes out on us...we have 5 LB recruits already. I think he's got a 50/50 chance of being an average SEC linebacker or getting to UT and flaming out because he is pissed off that he's in the middle of nowhere in the mountains, his dad forced him to go where he didn't really want to go, and the coach keeps screaming and kicking whiteboards on the sidelines.

Think there is a good chance he'll be transferring back to Cal, UA, or ASU in 2 years...

Too bad Petersen doesn't do transfers. Gonna be a big market soon for West coast kids who are forced to go to an SEC school by their parents for money and then decide to transfer closer to home when it doesn't work out.
    And the money is non refundable

Sign in December, take the cash, enter the portal for February

We should be helping these kids make smart decisions like that
    Hell of an idea! That would be the best business decision. Take the money from Tennessee and then transfer to UW immediately to get better development, a better degree, and play for a winning program. Basically, he would just be getting paid to redshirt at UW.
    If Peterman is serious about winning, and maximizing 4/5 star talent in the program -- this is the clearest counter to the pay-for-play. He needs to swallow his pride, get over himself, and fish these guys out of THE PORTAL if/when they end up in there

In that way, all the relationship building does end up potentially paying off -- if we were 2nd or 3rd, then we're a natural program for these kids to look into when they get buried on the depth chart, injured, realize where they actually have to live, etc. There doesn't seem to be a lot of competition for the PORTAL players (maybe not enough track record of good transfers to warrant more payouts) which is another plus.

That said, Peterman doesn't strike me as the most forgiving guy -- hard for me to see him forgiving a player like Kaho or To'oto'o in the future and taking him on.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

We finished with a vengeance last year.

I think we’re overstating the bagman aspect. Blaming every recruit who goes somewhere else on them getting paid is doog as fuck. Kaho got paid, we knew all along dad had his hand out. Otherwise? Who the fuck knows? But we’re not doing some shit job if identifying kids who click with what we offer. Our offer to commit ratio is super high and our late signing pursuit to signee ratio of 2:1 this year is well above average.

Our classes are getting better year over year and we’re gradually weeding out dead recruiting weight on the staff in the process.

As always, recruiting is about who you get, not who you didn’t get. Everybody misses more than they get, it’s the nature of it.

What we got is a fucking sensational class.

• Options

UT blows...I'll be more pissed off if/when Puka pukes out on us...we have 5 LB recruits already. I think he's got a 50/50 chance of being an average SEC linebacker or getting to UT and flaming out because he is pissed off that he's in the middle of nowhere in the mountains, his dad forced him to go where he didn't really want to go, and the coach keeps screaming and kicking whiteboards on the sidelines.

Think there is a good chance he'll be transferring back to Cal, UA, or ASU in 2 years...

Too bad Petersen doesn't do transfers. Gonna be a big market soon for West coast kids who are forced to go to an SEC school by their parents for money and then decide to transfer closer to home when it doesn't work out.
    And the money is non refundable

Sign in December, take the cash, enter the portal for February

We should be helping these kids make smart decisions like that
    Hell of an idea! That would be the best business decision. Take the money from Tennessee and then transfer to UW immediately to get better development, a better degree, and play for a winning program. Basically, he would just be getting paid to redshirt at UW.
    If Peterman is serious about winning, and maximizing 4/5 star talent in the program -- this is the clearest counter to the pay-for-play. He needs to swallow his pride, get over himself, and fish these guys out of THE PORTAL if/when they end up in there

In that way, all the relationship building does end up potentially paying off -- if we were 2nd or 3rd, then we're a natural program for these kids to look into when they get buried on the depth chart, injured, realize where they actually have to live, etc. There doesn't seem to be a lot of competition for the PORTAL players (maybe not enough track record of good transfers to warrant more payouts) which is another plus.

That said, Peterman doesn't strike me as the most forgiving guy -- hard for me to see him forgiving a player like Kaho or To'oto'o in the future and taking him on.
    I agree 100%, but yeah, Petersen seems like he gets pissed off when betrayed/lied to and holds grudges. This is a good thing when it comes to him destroying USC on the trail after they flipped Marlon but a bad thing when it comes to considering transfers who were former UW top recruiting targets.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    HFNY said:

I'm liking our chances with Tosh gone and BIG DANNY SHELTON making an impact play yesterday in the SB. Hopefully HT saw Corey Littleton flying around too.

He'd be an exciting player to add, he can do it all and he has enviable hips. The type of guy you want to be a free DAWG by having the BIG BOYS up front consuming blocks (if they aren't making a TFL themselves).

If he commits to U-Dub, I will go eat the steaming dump my dog just laid down in the snow.

You lucked out you know.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,099
    So ok, I didn't read through the thread. Is this guy committed to Tennessee or what?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

He's coming. He and his parents care about academics. Petersen has sold him and his parents on UW being able to help him get to the league as well as anybody while also providing a better and more respected degree than Bama in case making a career out of football doesn't work out or doesn't completely set him up financially for the rest of his life, he'll want to have that UW degree to fall back on. The in-state schools have always been out of it because he want's to get away from home and "grow as a man" and be independent. UW offers him that opportunity without being a burden on his family with them having to fly across the country to see him play in person. I'm just completely making shit up but that's how I envision this playing out so that's what's going to happen.

1) You proved that you are in fact Roof and not a 6'6" black man when you repeatedly said he was already committed to UW and then ran your story as such.

2) I commend you for having the Ballz (lol see what I did there) to make your stand and stick with it. I appreciate when you do. It's the doubling down I struggle with.

3) I hoped and dreamed you were right.

4) Bumping this because while you were likely right on Toot Toot, you were wrong on his parents, and we must never forget.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

So ok, I didn't read through the thread. Is this guy committed to Tennessee or what?

Yes

And he was only their second biggest get today which also pisses me off

4:30 P.M. ET: VOLS GET THEIR BIG PRIZE IN DARNELL WRIGHT
    • The highest-ranked player to wait until February's National Signing Day to send in a National Letter of Intent was five-star OT Darnell Wright, and at last, Wright has confirmed the suspicions of most experts and announced he will join the Vols' 2019 recruiting class. Wright described fellow Tennessee five-star OT signee Wanya Morris as "the homie", and those two blue-chippers are a big reason why Jeremy Pruitt's 2019 class could end up scratching at the top 10 in the rankings by the end of the day.

• Washington is neck-and-neck with USC for the Pac-12's second-best class behind Oregon, and the Huskies held serve by securing the signature of four-star LB and Polynesian Bowl MVP Daniel Heimuli.

From SI.com