Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Every year we are leveling up...

sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 772
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
the number of unused scholarships because we can't close.

Any chance Pete dips into the transfer portal this offseason?

Comments

• Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    No things are going as planned. Bronson and Clark get the scholarships. I was first and right.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Transfer portlal? Maybe....they have 9 days.

https://www.collegetransfer.net/UniversityOfWashingtonSeattleCampus/TransferProfile/tabid/145/Default.aspx

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

This is dumb. We only expected 21 or 22 scholarships this year then the coaches tried to squeeze a couple extra in because they had a couple elite targets they felt they had a shot with. There isn't going to be some excessive amount of unused scholarships this year.

I'm all for taking a stab at some high value transfers though but that doesn't seem to be Pete's style.
  • Options
    Coaches wanted to use the scholarships. They couldn't get it done. They are thus unused. Not sure why you struggle to accept that.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Coaches wanted to use the scholarships. They couldn't get it done. They are thus unused. Not sure why you struggle to accept that.

Apparently you don't understand the idea of selling couches to make room, if necessary.

Irregardless, its a mute point. They are not "leveling up" with unused scholarships. There won't be more empty spots this year than any typical year. Your premise is flawed.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Apparently you don't understand the idea of selling couches to make room, if necessary.

Irregardless, its a mute point. They are not "leveling up" with unused scholarships. There won't be more empty spots this year than any typical year. Your premise is flawed.
    Which of course reinforces my point that we wanted to max out our scholarships because it's easy enough to create a few more.
  • Options
    It's moot you peevish Duck.
  • Options

Irregardless, its a mute point.

• Options

You don't get this place.

At all.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,176
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Irregardless, its a mute point.

Pm @IrishDawg22, he should get you dialed in in no tim.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I really don't have a problem with this. A couple weeks ago people were assuming Turner was good as gone. We came into today with 3 offers out to guys who were going to sign. ToeOtoeO told people he was going to UW and magically changed his mind this morning. I think Biggins changed his crystal ball 4 times since Christmas. And we got Heimuli who's a stud. Nscua is the other who's not announcing today but is deciding between UW and Oregon.

I don't think the coaches predicted quite as much attrition and sure in hindsight there's blame, but almost every program is under the 85 limit every year. And it's obvious we fucked up WR recruiting royally but that's been beat to death and hopefully it's being rectified. But we won't know for at least a year if not more so it is what it is at this point.

I think some of you miss sark losing 5 guys and picking up 3 on signing day because you have short attention spans. And Pete gets criticized because his guys are in the boat early.

But bottom line we were 1 for 2 today and it's still 50.50 on on Paco Nakuhiuhua. And overall the class is pretty fucking money.

Some of you sound like dawgman fags. Seriously. And you were probably popping serious wood when Sean Parker committed.

Go take a fucking walk to gain some perspective.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I really don't have a problem with this. A couple weeks ago people were assuming Turner was good as gone. We came into today with 3 offers out to guys who were going to sign. ToeOtoeO told people he was going to UW and magically changed his mind this morning. I think Biggins changed his crystal ball 4 times since Christmas. And we got Heimuli who's a stud. Nscua is the other who's not announcing today but is deciding between UW and Oregon.

I don't think the coaches predicted quite as much attrition and sure in hindsight there's blame, but almost every program is under the 85 limit every year. And it's obvious we fucked up WR recruiting royally but that's been beat to death and hopefully it's being rectified. But we won't know for at least a year if not more so it is what it is at this point.

I think some of you miss sark losing 5 guys and picking up 3 on signing day because you have short attention spans. And Pete gets criticized because his guys are in the boat early.

But bottom line we were 1 for 2 today and it's still 50.50 on on Paco Nakuhiuhua. And overall the class is pretty fucking money.

Some of you sound like dawgman fags. Seriously. And you were probably popping serious wood when Sean Parker committed.

To be fair so does this post

If I learned anything from the recently dead Dennis, its that we WANT IT ALL. 14 4 stars? Great get a ribbon and a hug what about the 5 stars you didn't get? What about the in state guys you are slow walking?

Oh we didn't get Smalls but we got a 4 star so rah rah

I'd go in to see the boss all chesty about some big profit job and damned if he didn't greet me with a job I didn't do as well on.

Never be fucking satisfied. Never
  • Options

To be fair so does this post

If I learned anything from the recently dead Dennis, its that we WANT IT ALL. 14 4 stars? Great get a ribbon and a hug what about the 5 stars you didn't get? What about the in state guys you are slow walking?

Oh we didn't get Smalls but we got a 4 star so rah rah

I'd go in to see the boss all chesty about some big profit job and damned if he didn't greet me with a job I didn't do as well on.

Never be fucking satisfied. Never
    Judging by the WTFs to my original post, they disagree with you Race.