Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If the basketball team keeps this up we will have a conference championship in 2 sports this year

BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511

I read somewhere that no Pac team has done this since 2001.

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Conference of champions. But how did our tennis team do?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,485 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2019
    Right now the football and basketball conferences are both slightly better than the fucking MWC.

No team in the conference has proven it on the big stage in a long time. For basketball, a sweet 16 appearance would be legit. I would be surprised to see them win a tournament game.

Football team needs to win against a legit OOC opponent. Convincingly. Until then, the team is just the PAC-12 & MWC co-champ. Nationally no one seems to really care. They really don't have much reason to, either.

The annoying this is, the football team could be undefeated next year going into the playoffs, and people could argue they didn't play anyone good. Another playoff loss, and the program still has no marquee win. The only thing that would help the narrative would be if there was another team that went 11-1, with the only loss to UW in the conference title game. Or, maybe a 10-2 team with two losses to UW. A 10-2 Oregon with a neutral win over Auburn wouldn't suck in this scenario. Having a strong conference can only help, but hasn't been there in what seems like a decade outside of two Oregon seasons. FY, FM, FE.

To summarize: FY, FM, FE.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Right now the football and basketball conferences are both slightly better than the fucking MWC.

No team in the conference has proven it on the big stage in a long time. For basketball, a sweet 16 appearance would be legit. I would be surprised to see them win a tournament game.

Football team needs to win against a legit OOC opponent. Convincingly. Until then, the team is just the PAC-12 & MWC co-champ. Nationally no one seems to really care. They really don't have much reason to, either.

The annoying this is, the football team could be undefeated next year going into the playoffs, and people could argue they didn't play anyone good. Another playoff loss, and the program still has no marquee win. The only thing that would help the narrative would be if there was another team that went 11-1, with the only loss to UW in the conference title game. Or, maybe a 10-2 team with two losses to UW. A 10-2 Oregon with a neutral win over Auburn wouldn't suck in this scenario. Having a strong conference can only help, but hasn't been there in what seems like a decade outside of two Oregon seasons. FY, FM, FE.

You're dumb.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    If only we could win championships in sports Larry cares about
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,485 Swaye's Wigwam

You're dumb.

Am I? Who did they beat OOC this year? Seattle U?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

ruff take on the conference even by my standards
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

AutisticScreeching.Gif

You're dumb.

If you can't see this team is twice as good as they were two months ago I can't help you.
    Thanks for proving my point. Right now they are beating up a shit conference and no one has any idea how good they are. Lot of brackets have them at a 8 seed. Win a game vs the 9 seed and we'll be respectable again.

AutisticScreeching.Gif
    Says the poster child for Autism Speaks

You're dumb.

If you can't see this team is twice as good as they were two months ago I can't help you.
    Thanks for proving my point. Right now they are beating up a shit conference and no one has any idea how good they are. Lot of brackets have them at a 8 seed. Win a game vs the 9 seed and we'll be respectable again.
    Hi there.

We played plenty of shit competition two months ago.

This team is better than they were. Significantly. Naz is making the leap. Jaylen is hitting threes. Shit, even Crisp has stepped it up. Non conference we needed Noah to dominate every game. In conference he hasn't even shown up until game 8 and we are undefeated. The team figured out how to win when Dickerson is shut down or in foul trouble. They are much improved.

NOGAF until they actually make March Madness and win some games.

Jesus, this is Mariners fan FS. "The team is playing a lot better with Cano and Cruz and Segura!"

Until they're not. Every year.

Do I think Hop is the right guy? Yeah probably. Do I care til they are making Match runs? No. Does anybody?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

AutisticScreeching.Gif
    Says the poster child for Autism Speaks
    Stick to your PGOS schtick and talk less ball. You suck at that.
    Fucking Dnc and btp dooging it up over the hoops team. El oh el
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club

You're dumb.

you mean coaching matters????