Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Comment from NFL coach about Pete's OKGs

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
edited May 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
I think you guys are in good hands.

Boise State had 3 players drafted this year and 3 more went UDFA. One of the UDFA's was a walk on that played 8 man HS football in Idaho!

Here's what the Dallas Cowboys coach said about players from Boise State (they now have 2 Boise State players drafted by Dallas -- Tyrone Crawford and Demarcus Lawrence -- and a third, Orlando Scandrick from another NFL team):

“We like Boise guys,” coach Jason Garrett said. “We always take a hard look at where the player has played, what kind of program (it is) and what that program is all about. They do a great job up there. It's a very competitive program. The players that come out of there compete; they play hard. We've got two of them, so we feel really good about how this guy has learned to play football and the environment he's been in.”

“They play with a hot motor,” Jones said. “Their motor runs high and I think that attracts people in the NFL. To play in our game, to play in the NFL you've got to have a passion for it and you've got to play every play and I think they get coached that way out there from the start out in Boise. So you see a lot of that in them and it's easy to start to like a guy. Obviously when you see some players and maybe they're not as coached up then you start to see a lot of plays off and this and that, then you start to downgrade a player. You've got to give it to them. We've looked at a lot of their guys the last 3-4 years and turn on tape and they're rolling"

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I know we are dooging it up for Petersen. I know the players have spoken about the difference between Petersen in 2014 and Sark in 2013.

However, comments like these makes me feel good we have a great coach on our hands. You'd never see an NFL coach say this about a Sark player. That might be another reason why these guys we all think should be drafted higher are slipping because they know a Sark player has bad habits. Remember Kiffin players were the same way at USC as they'd have highly rated guys who going into the year were projected highly fall in the draft.

Although it is kind of funny that Garrett is saying this since I view him as Sark's doppleganger in the NFL.

I don't think this will happen but even if Petersen recruits slightly lower than Sark it won't matter. Petersen will build up his 3 stars and even his 2 stars while also maximizing his 4 stars something Sark couldn't do. Also despite what Kim GrinoldsFS thinks and like I told every Doog about Sark that recruiting has NEVER been a problem at UW. Chest always points it out that UW recruited fine that one year with Gilby and under Ty.

I think if UW wins 10 games this year kids are more likely to come here with Petersen. Petersen impresses the parents and you can vision going to win big with him while you couldn't with Sark. Petersen is a proven coach with a proven track record of success. He also recruits the school while Sark negatively recruited. I want a kid who is coming to UW because he wants to succeed not a kid who is coming here because Oregon is worse than us.

I think Petersen will have no problems getting top 15 classes and even if he doesn't I won't worry. His track record of developing lower tier recruits speak for themselves. Time for the Doogs/Kim to STFU already and LEAVE!
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

I'm doogin' it up.

Love me some self awareness.

• Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Gladstone said:

I'm Poonin' it up.

Fixed it for you.

• Options

I don't know why the idiots on doogman think Petersen won't relate to inner city kids. I'm sure he had plenty of them at Boise, but it's so fucktarded to even wonder about that being a problem. You don't have to listen to Gucci Mane and Rick Ross in order to relate to those kids, and I don't see why you have to recruit those kids any different from a country kid. It's actually insulting to kids from the inner city and their families. Are those kids and their families not interested in getting to the NFL and going to a good school?

I bet a lot of those kid's mothers who work two jobs just to survive want nothing more. I doubt Saban, Meyer, and Stoops are bumping gangster rap and talking slang to kids. What they are doing is showing them how they will fit in their program and why their program is the best place for them football wise, academically, and socially.

I guarantee Kim is one of those guys to try and fit in he attempts to talk "black". Instead the black people he is around are laughing at him not with him. He thinks he is fitting in but the opposite is happening.

And yes all my posts have to be about blacks.

It looks like this I bet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mzqahILpAs
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Flagged for being fucking Doog.

What the fuck else is Garrett going to say?
  • Options
    TheGlove said:

Uhh nothing.

Great job of pressing though.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2014

I don't know why the idiots on doogman think Petersen won't relate to inner city kids. I'm sure he had plenty of them at Boise, but it's so fucktarded to even wonder about that being a problem. You don't have to listen to Gucci Mane and Rick Ross in order to relate to those kids, and I don't see why you have to recruit those kids any different from a country kid. It's actually insulting to kids from the inner city and their families. Are those kids and their families not interested in getting to the NFL and going to a good school?

I bet a lot of those kid's mothers who work two jobs just to survive want nothing more. I doubt Saban, Meyer, and Stoops are bumping gangster rap and talking slang to kids. What they are doing is showing them how they will fit in their program and why their program is the best place for them football wise, academically, and socially.

I guarantee Kim is one of those guys to try and fit in he attempts to talk "black". Instead the black people he is around are laughing at him not with him. He thinks he is fitting in but the opposite is happening.

And yes all my posts have to be about blacks.

It looks like this I bet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mzqahILpAs
    I have no doubt Kim is one of those people.

I can't believe that video. I'm a huge Tarantino fan and actually saw him speak at an event recently. He's pretty awkward in general and doesn't know how to relate to people. He's not retarded, but he has Asperger's or another mental disorder. CollegeDoog could give us the proper diagnosis if he was still posting. I think Tarantino was just trying to be funny, which failed very badly.

Not to go too film nerd superiority guy on you, but Tarantino writes all of his movies in a notebook before having someone type them up. At the event, they let us look at the orginal scripts. This guy can't spell for shit, has no education, and never went to any type of film school. Looking at his original scripts was hilarious at how bad he is at spelling and grammar. There are 8 year olds who can spell as well as him. He obviously can't schmooze with producers either. His story is pretty bad ass. In summary, I'm all for bashing Kim, but if we are bashing Tarantino, I'm out!
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

TheGlove said:

Uhh nothing.

Correct. He could have said nothing...

Hey Coach, what do you think about the Boise guys? No comment.

or he could have said:

Hey Coach, what do you think about the Boise guys? We don't really care what school our draftees come from as long as they fit our need and our profile, but since you are from some fucking Idaho newspaper or Boise fan site, I'll blow some smoke to make you happy.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

Uhh nothing.

Correct. He could have said nothing...

Hey Coach, what do you think about the Boise guys? No comment.

or he could have said:

Hey Coach, what do you think about the Boise guys? We don't really care what school our draftees come from as long as they fit our need and our profile, but since you are from some fucking Idaho newspaper or Boise fan site, I'll blow some smoke to make you happy.
    Jesus fucking off, please to be be, Golve.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes