Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Show your support for what this community means to you:
Choose a Donation Amount
Username
(required for credit)
Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Sports are Great for the Stupid Shit that Doesn't Make Sense

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 45,829
Swaye's Wigwam Solar Eclipse Donator 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes
The boys start off talking about the Pac-12's new format for the conference championship game -- but soon do a deep dive into OSU Beaver Football. There's a bit of everything in this episode: Beating out Jackson State for a recruit, getting a 4 Star recruit from California, the hopes we have for QB Michael Penix and the Beaver fan that looked like Perez Hilton that humiliated himself in front of JoeEDangerously at Century Link Field in 2012.

The boys also offer marketing advice to the UW athletic department, while serving up 53 seconds of Foghat hot talk so TheKnowledge won't go postal.


https://anchor.fm/hardcorehusky/episodes/Sports-are-Great-for-the-Stupid-Sht-that-Doesnt-Make-Sense-e1irufj





JoeEDangerouslyGrundleStiltzkinLargeMargetheknowledgeForeskinWalletDawgSpoonieLuvtheLSkid

Comments

  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,184
    Swaye's Wigwam 5,000 Awesomes Seventh Anniversary 1,500 Up Votes
    Love the 2001 dawg decline hawt talk!
    DerekJohnson
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,117
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes Eighth Anniversary
    Yeah the university should be doing what the other 3 northwest schools are doing market to people like 'this is your local college football team for the state', take ticket prices way down and all the things a smart AD would do, and they're doing the opposite obviously.

    The small business owner with the American flag and black lab feels more of a connection to the pro teams now and they're sitting around in the AD scratching their heads/asses about it.
    DerekJohnsonbiak1theLSkid
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 45,829
    Swaye's Wigwam Solar Eclipse Donator 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes

    Love the 2001 dawg decline hawt talk!

    I was surprised the three of us were in agreement that if Marques Tuiasosopo had been QB in 2001, the Huskies lose to Miami 35-17 instead of the 65-7 prison rape that occurred with Cody Picket's struggles that night.
    QuietcowskeetheknowledgeJoeEDangerously
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    Swaye's Wigwam 5,000 Awesomes 2,500 Up Votes 2500 Comments
    That wasn’t so hard now? Was it?
    CFetters_Nacho_Lover
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,117
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes Eighth Anniversary
    What wooley said about your job in rl wrt this shit tier ad is 100% true.

    But I've seen it where your competitor is arrogant as fuck and letting you bleed them out until it's too late for them as well. Because arrogance.
  • ForeskinWalletDawgForeskinWalletDawg Member Posts: 228
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Awesomes 100 Comments 100 Up Votes
    A deep dive into beaver
    JoeEDangerouslySpoonieLuv
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,117
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes Eighth Anniversary
    Beavlet talked a lot of shit this year. The most drunk home crowd I've experienced in the pac 12 in awhile.
    WoolleyDoogDerekJohnson
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,353
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Awesomes 5,000 Up Votes Eighth Anniversary
    haie said:

    Yeah the university should be doing what the other 3 northwest schools are doing market to people like 'this is your local college football team for the state', take ticket prices way down and all the things a smart AD would do, and they're doing the opposite obviously.

    The small business owner with the American flag and black lab feels more of a connection to the pro teams now and they're sitting around in the AD scratching their heads/asses about it.

    Attendance seems like such an easy fix to me and the fix is an investment in future ticket sales and fan engagement. Simply put young butts in the empty seats even if you have to make them free. Stop badgering the alumni base and expand the audience. There are hundreds of thousands of people in this state who would love to attend UW home games. It just isn't marketed to them.

    I was barely a casual UW follower, not even really a fan, until I went to my first home game. I was permanently hooked. It didn't hurt that it was 1990 vs Oregon, fresh off of destroying the condoms.
    haieJoeEDangerously
  • TheHBTheHB Member Posts: 1,753
    2,500 Awesomes Eighth Anniversary 1,500 Up Votes 250 Answers
    chuck said:

    haie said:

    Yeah the university should be doing what the other 3 northwest schools are doing market to people like 'this is your local college football team for the state', take ticket prices way down and all the things a smart AD would do, and they're doing the opposite obviously.

    The small business owner with the American flag and black lab feels more of a connection to the pro teams now and they're sitting around in the AD scratching their heads/asses about it.

    Attendance seems like such an easy fix to me and the fix is an investment in future ticket sales and fan engagement. Simply put young butts in the empty seats even if you have to make them free. Stop badgering the alumni base and expand the audience. There are hundreds of thousands of people in this state who would love to attend UW home games. It just isn't marketed to them.

    I was barely a casual UW follower, not even really a fan, until I went to my first home game. I was permanently hooked. It didn't hurt that it was 1990 vs Oregon, fresh off of destroying the condoms.
    People won’t go if the team sucks though. Especially people with no ties to UW.
    DerekJohnson
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,353
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Awesomes 5,000 Up Votes Eighth Anniversary
    TheHB said:

    chuck said:

    haie said:

    Yeah the university should be doing what the other 3 northwest schools are doing market to people like 'this is your local college football team for the state', take ticket prices way down and all the things a smart AD would do, and they're doing the opposite obviously.

    The small business owner with the American flag and black lab feels more of a connection to the pro teams now and they're sitting around in the AD scratching their heads/asses about it.

    Attendance seems like such an easy fix to me and the fix is an investment in future ticket sales and fan engagement. Simply put young butts in the empty seats even if you have to make them free. Stop badgering the alumni base and expand the audience. There are hundreds of thousands of people in this state who would love to attend UW home games. It just isn't marketed to them.

    I was barely a casual UW follower, not even really a fan, until I went to my first home game. I was permanently hooked. It didn't hurt that it was 1990 vs Oregon, fresh off of destroying the condoms.
    People won’t go if the team sucks though. Especially people with no ties to UW.
    Agreed, but the last time UW got good didn't fill the stadium either.

    Filling seats with youth sports families for giveaway days and and shit like that helps the Mariners stay popular. All they do is threaten a late run at the playoffs and the stadium instantly fills.

    UW doesn't seem to have a strong base anymore. Gotta make it bigger somehow and there are seats available.
    DerekJohnsonBleachedAnusDawg
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,353
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Awesomes 5,000 Up Votes Eighth Anniversary

    chuck said:

    TheHB said:

    chuck said:

    haie said:

    Yeah the university should be doing what the other 3 northwest schools are doing market to people like 'this is your local college football team for the state', take ticket prices way down and all the things a smart AD would do, and they're doing the opposite obviously.

    The small business owner with the American flag and black lab feels more of a connection to the pro teams now and they're sitting around in the AD scratching their heads/asses about it.

    Attendance seems like such an easy fix to me and the fix is an investment in future ticket sales and fan engagement. Simply put young butts in the empty seats even if you have to make them free. Stop badgering the alumni base and expand the audience. There are hundreds of thousands of people in this state who would love to attend UW home games. It just isn't marketed to them.

    I was barely a casual UW follower, not even really a fan, until I went to my first home game. I was permanently hooked. It didn't hurt that it was 1990 vs Oregon, fresh off of destroying the condoms.
    People won’t go if the team sucks though. Especially people with no ties to UW.
    Agreed, but the last time UW got good didn't fill the stadium either.

    Filling seats with youth sports families for giveaway days and and shit like that helps the Mariners stay popular. All they do is threaten a late run at the playoffs and the stadium instantly fills.

    UW doesn't seem to have a strong base anymore. Gotta make it bigger somehow and there are seats available.
    Beyond the losing and the shitty culture, I think a big problem is the students. Back in the way, kids that grew up watching Husky Football went to UW. They can’t get in now and they are replaced with foreign students and out of staters that don’t give a shit about athletics.
    Yeah I feel that's what created the problem. It didn't help that 2003-2014 happened on the field but the demographics are all different now. More fans need to come from the broader community.
    RoadDawg55
Sign In or Register to comment.