Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Presented without comment: ASJ's individual workout with the Jets.

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
The Packers' scout affiliate reports:
The injury had Seferian-Jenkins’ draft stock falling, perhaps even into the third round. However, on Friday, he got medical clearance and went through an individual workout with the Jets. At 6-foot-6 and 271 pounds, he ran a blazing 4.56 in the 40-yard dash, with a 37.5-inch vertical jump, NFL scout Dave-Te’ Thomas told Packer Report on Saturday.

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Should have and still should be a LT. Could have made a lot more money.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I'm hearing that a little proper motivation goes a long way.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    sounds like a smoke screen to me. I have seen him run and doubt that 4.56 time. I think Jermaine Kearse ran something similar pre draft.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Amazing what these guys can accomplish just a few months removed from Ivan's tutelage.

Meanwhile...$C is a MASH unit.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I thought he didn't run at the combine?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    He didn't run at the combine.
    Houhusky said:

I am calling bullshit on the 4.56 time, it was probably hand timed but some fucktard assistant intern trainer.

He ran a 4.75 40 at the draft combine

his only other "event" was bench press; 225lbs 20 times placing him 10th among the 15 TEs at the combine

a guy who is 6'6" weighs in at 271 and struggles to bench press in the top half of his TE class isnt going to suddenly run in the top10 fastest 40 times for TEs ever and third or fourth best vertical in 5 years

They are claiming he has Jimmy Graham type numbers but at 10+ lbs heavier after being fairly pedestrian at the combine

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    ASJ doesn't quite have the hips that Jimmy Graham does
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Dumbass, fuck o dear!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If ASJ actually runs a 4.56, it's not football speed. It was surely some fucktard's hand time. No way he runs sub 4.7 electronically. He sucked at getting YAC. I can count on two hands the times he gained more than 10 yards after the catch. I don't remember many broken tackles either. 6'6" 271 with a 4.56 is being a better athlete than Clowney. ASJ is a big, pretty slow TE who has good hands. Maybe he can work his way into being a good TE with some real coaching, but I have my doubts.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,605
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    ASJ would've benefited a LOT from another year in college under Peterman.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

I am calling bullshit on the 4.56 time, it was probably hand timed but some fucktard assistant intern trainer.

his only other "event" was bench press; 225lbs 20 times placing him 10th among the 15 TEs at the combine

a guy who is 6'6" weighs in at 271 and struggles to bench press in the top half of his TE class isnt going to suddenly run in the top10 fastest 40 times for TEs ever and third or fourth best vertical in 5 years

They are claiming he has Jimmy Graham type numbers but at 10+ lbs heavier after being fairly pedestrian at the combine

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft/combine/_/id/7

Am I a complete fucktard or does ESPN have a 40 time for ASJ? Where did the time come from if not from the combine?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2014

If ASJ actually runs a 4.56, it's not football speed. It was surely some fucktard's hand time. No way he runs sub 4.7 electronically. He sucked at getting YAC. I can count on two hands the times he gained more than 10 yards after the catch. I don't remember many broken tackles either. 6'6" 271 with a 4.56 is being a better athlete than Clowney. ASJ is a big, pretty slow TE who has good hands. Maybe he can work his way into being a good TE with some real coaching, but I have my doubts.

This is certainly what we witnessed his entire career.

OTOH, it's entirely possible he's committed himself to conditioning for the first time ever, and seeing serious resluts (lol!) with it.

I have no trouble believing a big player could shave .15 to .2 off his 40 time when he gets out from under the not so watchful eye of Sloppy Seven and decides to be serious about his career.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I kind of hope this is true so we can create a new statement to mock Doogs "Just wait til he gets a few months AWAY from IVAN!"
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    Swaye's Wigwam

Disagree. Too soft.
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Then that would be even slower.

Houhusky said:

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TTJ said:

The injury had Seferian-Jenkins’ draft stock falling, perhaps even into the third round. However, on Friday, he got medical clearance and went through an individual workout with the Jets. At 6-foot-6 and 271 pounds, he ran a blazing 4.56 in the 40-yard dash, with a 37.5-inch vertical jump, NFL scout Dave-Te’ Thomas told Packer Report on Saturday.

My Pack will never draft this underachiever.

Jerremy Stevens lite.

Now Hartvigson will be a different story.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

TTJ said:

My Pack will never draft this underachiever.

Jerremy Stevens lite.

Now Hartvigson will be a different story.

Hi Hugh!