Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Asa Turner could become a poor man's Kevin King

2»

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,547 Founders Club

1.) How does one not think of Travis Feeney when it comes to safeties converted to stud linebackers. We still haven't replaced him!...

2.) If Asa Turner tried carrying Kevin King's jock, he'd probably accidentally run straight to a blocker and carry his jock instead. Yes, King moved from safety to corner, but he was also blowing up bubble screens and hitting the fuck out of people from the nickel role before his final move outside. The parallels end at "tall."

3.) If you scratch a liberal, you find a fascist? Did you read that in the "Bumper Stickers For Your Facebook Uncle" catalog?

Vic Aiyewa… Shaq Thompson… how long did you want me to keep it up?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam

1.) How does one not think of Travis Feeney when it comes to safeties converted to stud linebackers. We still haven't replaced him!...

2.) If Asa Turner tried carrying Kevin King's jock, he'd probably accidentally run straight to a blocker and carry his jock instead. Yes, King moved from safety to corner, but he was also blowing up bubble screens and hitting the fuck out of people from the nickel role before his final move outside. The parallels end at "tall."

3.) If you scratch a liberal, you find a fascist? Did you read that in the "Bumper Stickers For Your Facebook Uncle" catalog?

Vic Aiyewa… Shaq Thompson… how long did you want me to keep it up?
    Yes.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423

The saying is "Scratch a liberal, a fascist bleeds", and it's typically said by people on the far left, not facebook uncles. Though I guess facebook uncles may have discovered it now.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,374 Founders Club

The saying is "Scratch a liberal, a fascist bleeds", and it's typically said by people on the far left, not facebook uncles. Though I guess facebook uncles may have discovered it now.
    I don't have a Facebook account. I think I heard that expression from either Tim Pool or Adam Curry. I'm not sure why I would mention it in the podcast when I endeavor to avoid politics on the pod. But I'm sure it was a football-centric point I was making.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club

I don't have a Facebook account. I think I heard that expression from either Tim Pool or Adam Curry. I'm not sure why I would mention it in the podcast when I endeavor to avoid politics on the pod. But I'm sure it was a football-centric point I was making.
    Thanks Taft!
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423

Makes sense that Tim Pool would say it. He lives on twitter.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam

But that's not what was said on the podcast. What was said (as noted in my post) was last heard on Tucker Carlson's show about Canadian truckers.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,291 Swaye's Wigwam
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,374 Founders Club
    @iDawg's favorite player David Toy went from running back to safety. But for very different reasons.
  • HypnotiqueHypnotique Member Posts: 72
    If Asa Turner wanted to actually play football, a move closer to the LOS would make sense. However Sunshine just want to passively run around the field, bobbing his head like he’s Merton Hanks with long blond hair, pretending he wants to hit people. FTG
    What if we? moved Asa to H-back
  • HypnotiqueHypnotique Member Posts: 72

What if we? moved Asa to H-back

Caden Jumper to safety, Sunshine to H-back/reserve water boy. How can we make it happen?

If you listen hard enough you can hear the AIDS being contracted in this thread

The 1980s called. They want their pandemic back.
    How long have you been waiting to roll out that line?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club

If you listen hard enough you can hear the AIDS being contracted in this thread

The 1980s called. They want their pandemic back.
    How long have you been waiting to roll out that line?
    Since 2012