Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gordon

theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Anyone know if Gordon was training with FSP before the combine? Much like Savon, he ran a surprisingly slow 40. Is/was this a Socha issue or are they doing the wrong sort of training leading up to the draft? Gaskin I think went down to California to work strictly on his 40 time and he was faster than I thought he’d be. Gordon and Ahmed were head scratchers.

I know, I know, “Who? Do they play for UW?!?!”.

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,503
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022
    I think Gordon was somewhere in Phoenix training. The only thing is I never remember him being tagged as a speed/straight line athlete until the past few months, always more of a basketball player jumping agility guy. I'm not that shocked he's a low 4.5 combine guy probably a high 4.4 pro day guy.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Official time of 4.52 is just about what I expected from him.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    4.52 is good for a big corner
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

He's a strong, springy athletic type not a bean pole sprinter. He can jump out of the stadium and stop and turn on a dime. Good enough.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

Can we stop bullshitting ourselves? Gordon is not a big corner, and 4.52 is a shit time for him. Every year it's the same shit: we overrate our players by a significant margin. McDuffie is great but he's a midget and Gordon is twitchy but nowhere near the "blow up the combine" athlete the Doogs were tweeting about. Oh, hey, while we're at it, Otton was never the best TE in America. Maybe top 7. He's fine.

Who are these guys training with? Don't tell me the morons at FSP. Go to fucking Texas where they do real track shit and learn to sprint.

And now I read we're in on some UCLA transfer (i.e., quitter) and we're rosterbating about him joining forces with Trice and ZTF and some other shit. Ho-Lee Fuk. How about we let these guys do something against the likes of fucking Montana and Oregon State before we start thinking they're LT? We are so goddamned provincial sometimes it's embarrassing.

It’s not a shit time and you are putting way too much emphasis on it. He’s plenty fast. His speed was never a problem even when he was struggling as a freshman.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Don't see DBs running forwards in a straight line very often.

Is there a chance he plays safety?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

Can we stop bullshitting ourselves? Gordon is not a big corner, and 4.52 is a shit time for him. Every year it's the same shit: we overrate our players by a significant margin. McDuffie is great but he's a midget and Gordon is twitchy but nowhere near the "blow up the combine" athlete the Doogs were tweeting about. Oh, hey, while we're at it, Otton was never the best TE in America. Maybe top 7. He's fine.

Who are these guys training with? Don't tell me the morons at FSP. Go to fucking Texas where they do real track shit and learn to sprint.

And now I read we're in on some UCLA transfer (i.e., quitter) and we're rosterbating about him joining forces with Trice and ZTF and some other shit. Ho-Lee Fuk. How about we let these guys do something against the likes of fucking Montana and Oregon State before we start thinking they're LT? We are so goddamned provincial sometimes it's embarrassing.

Another overwrought shit post over nothing by a normally smart poster. 4.52 isn't a shit time. 5'10" isn't a midget. Who here GAF whether Gordon blows up the combine or not? Nobody here is rosterbating. It's fucking casual talk, speculation, and projecting and it's done simply because sports fans do that. If it's so fucking bothersome to you that you're forced to repeat this same shit every couple of weeks you might be looking in the wrong place to kill time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

RealRhino said:

Another overwrought shit post over nothing by a normally smart poster. 4.52 isn't a shit time. 5'10" isn't a midget. Who here GAF whether Gordon blows up the combine or not? Nobody here is rosterbating. It's fucking casual talk, speculation, and projecting and it's done simply because sports fans do that. If it's so fucking bothersome to you that you're forced to repeat this same shit every couple of weeks you might be looking in the wrong place to kill time.
    I was hoping Gordon would measure in at 6'0. 5'11 isn't particularly big. 5'10 is solid for McDuffie. You're right about Otton not being the best TE in America but I think he could be a guy who got totally ruined by Lake, Donovan and Morris,

I'm going to believe in some dodging that the situation with Lake was so dire that it fucked up everything and the roster is better than we think.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    4.52 isn’t going to be a deal breaker but decent chance it puts him into the 2nd round whereas a really strong time would have solidified the narrative around him being a high end athlete that has started to figure it out with his best days ahead of him

He should be a solid NFL DB but by NFL standards he’s not an athletic freak
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022
    Tequilla said:

4.52 isn’t going to be a deal breaker but decent chance it puts him into the 2nd round whereas a really strong time would have solidified the narrative around him being a high end athlete that has started to figure it out with his best days ahead of him

Hardly anyone is. Athletic freak is overused.

It also hardly matters. The Georgia DT that ran a 4.78 at 340 pounds is an amazing feat, but it doesn’t translate to the field. He’s still a run stuffing two down DT.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

It also hardly matters. The Georgia DT that ran a 4.78 at 340 pounds is an amazing feat, but it doesn’t translate to the field. He’s still a run stuffing two down DT.
    Everyone in NFL is freak. These morons are genetically just different than 99% of the general population
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022
    FireCohen said:

Tequilla said:

Everyone in NFL is freak. These morons are genetically just different than 99% of the general population
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

uote" rel="Tequilla">4.52 isn’t going to be a deal breaker but decent chance it puts him into the 2nd round whereas a really strong time would have solidified the narrative around him being a high end athlete that has started to figure it out with his best days ahead of him

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Anyone wacking off to 40 times is retarded.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Like a lot of things in life now, I think people know how to game the system and the testing is getting more irrelevant, especially at positions where a guy is never going to sprint 40 yards.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    TheHB said:

Anyone wacking off to 40 times is retarded.

Hey …….wait a minute
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

He's a strong, springy athletic type not a bean pole sprinter. He can jump out of the stadium and stop and turn on a dime. Good enough.
    Nuff said?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Nuff said?
    On that