Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Show your support for what this community means to you:
Choose a Donation Amount
Username
(required for credit)
Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Are we Recruiting again? Deboer Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

1242526272830»

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,774
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes Ninth Anniversary
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

"They're Full" has entered the chat yet again. Eklund claims 2023 recruiting class is done and they will spend the remaining spots on transfer portal

That should work well
    Polk and penix have been good. Can’t think of anyone else. It’s not like it’s been useless. Also the chance that a freshmen is going to contribute is not the best. At least they are dropping people they don’t want.
    Jackson came in the portal. I'm not a huge fan lbut he has been a useful player. Bright has been a disappointment. Moll is pretty decent. Perryman sucks.

Mixed results overall but that's how it will be. The portal is a critical part of roster building everywhere not just UW. Hopefully they can get a couple more impact guys this year. Gonna need DBs, LBs, and probably a receiver or two. QB...maybe.

Bright is no where near as bad as this bored makes him out to be. He is pretty decent. Tuputala has unfortunately been the liability in games like UCLA and Az St
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 3,837
    Ninth Anniversary 2,500 Up Votes 1,500 Awesomes 2500 Comments
    By my count, about 17 or 18 players on scholarship will move on which isn't that many but I am probably missing a player or two. I imagine they are only looking to take 1 to 3 more PSAs (WR, edge, and maybe DL or DB if they are good enough) and then hitting the portal for an Edge, CB, and maybe Safety.

It will be good to see Eddie O. play at least 15 snaps and potentially 25+ since his versatility matches up pretty well vs. Oregon (and would have been a great help vs. UCLA and ASU).

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

"They're Full" has entered the chat yet again. Eklund claims 2023 recruiting class is done and they will spend the remaining spots on transfer portal

That should work well
    Polk and penix have been good. Can’t think of anyone else. It’s not like it’s been useless. Also the chance that a freshmen is going to contribute is not the best. At least they are dropping people they don’t want.
    Jackson came in the portal. I'm not a huge fan lbut he has been a useful player. Bright has been a disappointment. Moll is pretty decent. Perryman sucks.

Mixed results overall but that's how it will be. The portal is a critical part of roster building everywhere not just UW. Hopefully they can get a couple more impact guys this year. Gonna need DBs, LBs, and probably a receiver or two. QB...maybe.

Bright is no where near as bad as this bored makes him out to be. He is pretty decent. Tuputala has unfortunately been the liability in games like UCLA and Az St
    theknowledge
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 733
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Awesomes 1,000 Up Votes 250 Answers
    I thought Eddie O looked pretty gimpy in the snaps he got against Oregon St. Hard to tell if it’s his injury or just conditioning, but I don’t think he’s gonna contribute much the rest of the way. Maybe in the bowl game?
    chuck1to392831weretaken
  • 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member Posts: 639
    Ninth Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    I thought he looked pretty good. I didnt recognize the number at first and thought "who was that?" Because he looked fast chasing a runner to the sideline. Faster that anyone playing this year. Or maybe not, i was faded and i missed the second half because i lost power so you might of seen him more.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 5,421
    Ninth Anniversary 5,000 Awesomes 5,000 Up Votes 5000 Comments

I thought he looked pretty good. I didnt recognize the number at first and thought "who was that?" Because he looked fast chasing a runner to the sideline. Faster that anyone playing this year. Or maybe not, i was faded and i missed the second half because i lost power so you might of seen him more.

Caused the Oregon running back to jump cut and slip on 4th and 2. Glad he was able to make an impact. He’s given a lot to the program.
    1to392831weretaken79smoothdawgPostGameOrangeSlicesbackthepack
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,236
    10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes Ninth Anniversary 10000 Comments
    Amusing since the last I read on Caleb from a better source than Ektard said there was nothing to indicate any flip momentum
    PawgDawgMakaDawg
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,991
    Swaye's Wigwam 5,000 Awesomes 2,500 Up Votes 2500 Comments
    Ektard has a 19% hit rate 😉
    whatshouldicareabouthardhat
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,632
    5,000 Awesomes 10000 Comments 2,500 Up Votes 250 Answers

Ektard says Presley might flip to UW.

He'll be reaffirming his Duck commitment shortly

Last I read he was looking forward to playing with his future Oregon teammates in the 2023 All-American bowl.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 891
    Swaye's Wigwam 1,500 Awesomes 250 Answers 500 Up Votes
    46XiJCAB said:

Last I read he was looking forward to playing with his future Oregon teammates in the 2023 All-American bowl.
    It's really exciting to cheer on teams filled with recruits that already have the energy of burnt out sex workers by the time they show up on campus.
    haiehuskyhooligan
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,284
    Swaye's Wigwam 5,000 Awesomes 2,500 Up Votes Seventh Anniversary

46XiJCAB said:

It's really exciting to cheer on teams filled with recruits that already have the energy of burnt out sex workers by the time they show up on campus.
    If we’re bashing burnt out sex workers, I’m out!
    I embrace this notion.
    CFetters_Nacho_Loverhuskyhooligan