Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Always good when you can get a top 1000 recruit

I know you're being sarktastic, but he's our 3rd-highest ranked recruit.

He said in his interview that he's an FSP kid. Has Tracy chimed in yet to congratulate the kid or does he only do that when a kid announces he won't be going to UW?
    I haven’t watched the film yet so I have no clue if he’s good or not … just looking at whatever I saw on the 247 profile saying he was around 900

You can’t expect Tracy to chime in on a Federal Holiday

It probably should be recognized that that the whole Loyal To The Soil stuff is working in places like Tumwater and Puyallup … I guess good it’s working there
    You were the biggest Doog here for years until you hung around Dennis and picked up a new shtick.
    I was very vocal about firing Sark in 2014

I was bullish at the fact that UW had a legit top end HC and recruiting trended to levels necessary to get in that Top 5-10 range regularly

It became apparent in 2019 that something wasn’t right with Petersen and I said it here and privately in discussions with others … I wasn’t advocating a firing but Pete stepping down didn’t completely shock me

Things have been an absolute shitshow since then by and large
    You’re a fucking idiot … that’s consistently been true
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,953
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

He said in his interview that he's an FSP kid. Has Tracy chimed in yet to congratulate the kid or does he only do that when a kid announces he won't be going to UW?
    I haven’t watched the film yet so I have no clue if he’s good or not … just looking at whatever I saw on the 247 profile saying he was around 900

It probably should be recognized that that the whole Loyal To The Soil stuff is working in places like Tumwater and Puyallup … I guess good it’s working there
    You were the biggest Doog here for years until you hung around Dennis and picked up a new shtick.
    Actually not true but believe what you want to believe

I was very vocal about firing Sark

I was bullish at the fact that UW had a legit top end HC and recruiting trended to levels necessary to get in that Top 5-10 range regularly

It became apparent in 2019 that something wasn’t right with Petersen and I said it here and privately in discussions with others … I wasn’t advocating a firing but Pete stepping down didn’t completely shock me

Be honest with the complete story though…while Peterman was here you guys were slobbering over Jimmy and waiting/hoping for him to push Peterman out.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Be honest with the complete story though…while Peterman was here you guys were slobbering over Jimmy and waiting/hoping for him to push Peterman out.
    I think if you look around long enough you’ll find a post I made saying that there may be a time where UW may be better off without Jimmy Lake

His constant looking around and leveraging himself for promotions or else at UW didn’t sit right with me (he obviously was entitled to do so)

What Kwiatkowski did to keep him at UW was extremely selfless and it rarely ends well in those situations …

I said it at the time but K leaving UW was a giant red flag on Jimmy …

So there’s your full story
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I think if you look around long enough you’ll find a post I made in December 2022 saying that there may be a time where UW may be better off without Jimmy Lake

His constant looking around and leveraging himself for promotions or else at UW didn’t sit right with me (he obviously was entitled to do so)

What Kwiatkowski did to keep him at UW was extremely selfless and it rarely ends well in those situations …

I said it at the time but K leaving UW was a giant red flag on Jimmy …

So there’s your full story
  • Options
    Always a good day to lose an in-state player to USC while picking up an “under the radar diamond in the rough” player out of DFW …

BTW, DFW players aren’t typically under the radar
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    We beat out UConn and South Alabama for this kid. Juice Brown picking up where Terrence and Willip left off
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Always a good day to lose an in-state player to USC while picking up an “under the radar diamond in the rough” player out of DFW …

We beat out UConn and South Alabama for this kid. Juice Brown picking up where Terrence and Willip left off

He has an offer from Utah from a month ago, but still.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I’m starting to get the same sense about this staff I was having about Jimmy winter before last. Just doesn’t seem like there is a path forward with success given the current recruiting. Nice going Jen you moron, my tickets will be renewed if you’re ever put out to pasture.
  • Options
    OreDawg said:

I’m starting to get the same sense about this staff I was having about Jimmy winter before last. Just doesn’t seem like there is a path forward with success given the current recruiting. Nice going Jen you moron, my tickets will be renewed if you’re ever put out to pasture.

There’s appearing to be an established trend with recruiting at this point and it’s not a reassuring one
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If you need any confirmation head over to the dawg pound. Those fuckers are are leg humping all over this big time commit.
  • Options
    dOgmaster said:

If you need any confirmation head over to the dawg pound. Those fuckers are are leg humping all over this big time commit.

If this player has a career that approaches Aaron Fuller that would be a big time win

But if you’re a big time player in DFW you aren’t under the radar and not ranked … there’s about 20 schools that know about you and passed
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

dOgmaster said:

If this player has a career that approaches Aaron Fuller that would be a big time win

But if you’re a big time player in DFW you aren’t under the radar and not ranked … there’s about 20 schools that know about you and passed
    With his measurables compared to what Fuller was as a supposed #1 wr in 2019, holy fuck that is an awful take.

And your whole argument seems to be "Teq knows DFW players." Sure.gif

He could put on some weight, but Jesus Christ it's retarded to lean hard one way or the other about this kid.
  • Options
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

dOgmaster said:

With his measurables compared to what Fuller was as a supposed #1 wr in 2019, holy fuck that is an awful take.

He could put on some weight, but Jesus Christ it's retarded to lean hard one way or the other about this kid.
    Considering that you have the worst takes/opinions here this response isn’t surprising

1) Aaron Fuller was the #1 WR in 2019 … our WRs also sucked in 2019

Fuller was a rotational player that was not a top receiver in any kind of reasonable situation

My point is simply that if this player is able to replicate Fuller’s career as a solid contributor (not a star) that would be a win

2) I know DFW because I lived there and know how things generally work … you’re not under the radar in the DFW Metroplex because everybody recruits you. Again, this is similar to Fuller coming out of a Dallas suburb … very good player but passed on by the local schools

3) I haven’t watched film so it’s probably not completely fair to opine … but UW is recruiting like they have nothing to sell and win in recruiting (partly true because of the NIL strategy) … big picture is that a recruiting class that looks like this isn’t a recipe for high end success
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dOgmaster said:

No they aren't.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

dOgmaster said:

Considering that you have the worst takes/opinions here this response isn’t surprising

Fuller was a rotational player that was not a top receiver in any kind of reasonable situation

My point is simply that if this player is able to replicate Fuller’s career as a solid contributor (not a star) that would be a win

2) I know DFW because I lived there and know how things generally work … you’re not under the radar in the DFW Metroplex because everybody recruits you. Again, this is similar to Fuller coming out of a Dallas suburb … very good player but passed on by the local schools

3) I haven’t watched film so it’s probably not completely fair to opine … but UW is recruiting like they have nothing to sell and win in recruiting (partly true because of the NIL strategy) … big picture is that a recruiting class that looks like this isn’t a recipe for high end success
    1) Your Fuller comparison is embarrassing and there's no way to spin that. This kid is a safety who needs to put 10-15 lbs on but otherwise has power 5 measurables.

2) JFC talk about a reach to proclaim your expertise here. I don't give a fuck if shit ass TCU didn't offer him. SMU did. A couple Pac 12 schools offered him that know defense, including the P12 champs that hang their hat on it. So it's not an amazing pickup but it's not awful just because Utah State offered him too. Oh that's right, Utah State another school who beat the shit out of the PAC 12 last year.

3) I await your next Teq Thoughts segment after watching him.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

dOgmaster said:

There is no way around the fact that our recruiting sucks, but plenty of guys come out of Dallas that get missed during recruiting. Same for LA, same for Miami, etc. It happens every year.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

He has an offer from Utah from a month ago, but still.
    Same Utah who you said only was good last two years b/c SC, UW and UCLA sucked?

#cherrypick