Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022

Also sounds like we're getting a commitment from Puyallup edge rusher Jacob Lane.

I dont know anything about him except in his 247 profile picture, it looks like he has a Dumb and Dumber Jim Carrey bowl cut

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Always good when you can get a top 1000 recruit
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    From Twitter, had offers from Air Force, Army, Arizona, Cal, Colorado State, San Diego State, Montana State, Utah, and UW. Looks like he had a couple of good camps recently. Utah would be the most impressive of those offers considering who they pick up and how they develop players at his position.
    edited June 2022

Tequilla said:

I know you're being sarktastic, but he's our 3rd-highest ranked recruit.

He said in his interview that he's an FSP kid. Has Tracy chimed in yet to congratulate the kid or does he only do that when a kid announces he won't be going to UW?
    I haven’t watched the film yet so I have no clue if he’s good or not … just looking at whatever I saw on the 247 profile saying he was around 900

You can’t expect Tracy to chime in on a Federal Holiday

It probably should be recognized that that the whole Loyal To The Soil stuff is working in places like Tumwater and Puyallup … I guess good it’s working there
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,058
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Also sounds like we're getting a commitment from Puyallup edge rusher Jacob Lane.

I dont know anything about him except in his 247 profile picture, it looks like he has a Dumb and Dumber Jim Carrey bowl cut

I would say more like Ramon the pool boy from Seinfeld. You can google me right
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,060
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

He said in his interview that he's an FSP kid. Has Tracy chimed in yet to congratulate the kid or does he only do that when a kid announces he won't be going to UW?
    I haven’t watched the film yet so I have no clue if he’s good or not … just looking at whatever I saw on the 247 profile saying he was around 900

It probably should be recognized that that the whole Loyal To The Soil stuff is working in WHITE places … I guess good it’s working there
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It probably should be recognized that that the whole Loyal To The Soil stuff is working in places like Tumwater and Puyallup … I guess good it’s working there
    He shows a fuckload more on film than Savelle Smalls did and I'd place his odds of doing more than Smalls through three years in the program at 50:50 at least.

Am I the least bit excited about it? Can't say so. Recruiting isn't all that interesting anymore.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

For your sake, hopefully he's the 8th or 9th highest rated recruit when the class is all said and done. But again, the rankings aren't as meaningful as they used to be. It would be nice to see some power 5 schools outside of the Pac 12 offering, but lets be honest, we've seen Washington take guys with much worse offer sheets. This isn't that bad.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Those guys liked the sizzle 4 and 5* that did Jack shit. They made me believe at tims, shame on me. Just need a coach that can develop to he highest potential since star ratings are a WAG at best.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

Those guys liked the sizzle 4 and 5* that did Jack shit. They made me believe at tims, shame on me. Just need a coach that can develop to he highest potential since star ratings are a WAG at best.

I dont disagree with their general philosophy. If UW can beat out schools like Bama and tOSU, or even Oregon, for recruits then that's what they should be doing. Stocking up on 4* and 5* athletes gives you better odds of being good, and is the only path to actually compete ting with those schools in the playoffs.

It just didn't work out. Petersen ended his time at UW fully able to compete for recruits and he landed a bunch of them. They just didn't develop like his earlier classes.

DeBoer can recruit well enough right now to steal a win or two and win the conference. It's gonna take a massive change in fortunes before he's in the playoff conversation though. David beating Goliath happens in the regular season and in meaningless bowl games, not in the playoffs.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

You were the biggest Doog here for years until you hung around Dennis and picked up a new shtick.
    Actually not true but believe what you want to believe

I was very vocal about firing Sark

I was bullish at the fact that UW had a legit top end HC and recruiting trended to levels necessary to get in that Top 5-10 range regularly

It became apparent in 2019 that something wasn’t right with Petersen and I said it here and privately in discussions with others … I wasn’t advocating a firing but Pete stepping down didn’t completely shock me

Things have been an absolute shitshow since then by and large
    chuck said:

dannarc said:

I dont disagree with their general philosophy. If UW can beat out schools like Bama and tOSU, or even Oregon, for recruits then that's what they should be doing. Stocking up on 4* and 5* athletes gives you better odds of being good, and is the only path to actually compete ting with those schools in the playoffs.

It just didn't work out. Petersen ended his time at UW fully able to compete for recruits and he landed a bunch of them. They just didn't develop like his earlier classes.

DeBoer can recruit well enough right now to steal a win or two and win the conference. It's gonna take a massive change in fortunes before he's in the playoff conversation though. David beating Goliath happens in the regular season and in meaningless bowl games, not in the playoffs.
    Recruiting is a numbers game

Players will not materialize … that happens and the reasons why only matter so much

It’s why building rooms full of competition allowing the cream rising to the top matters

Blows my mind that this is a difficult or controversial thought process
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

You were the biggest Doog here for years until you hung around Dennis and picked up a new shtick.
    I was very vocal about firing Sark in 2014

I was bullish at the fact that UW had a legit top end HC and recruiting trended to levels necessary to get in that Top 5-10 range regularly

It became apparent in 2019 that something wasn’t right with Petersen and I said it here and privately in discussions with others … I wasn’t advocating a firing but Pete stepping down didn’t completely shock me

Things have been an absolute shitshow since then by and large