Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Michael Byrd's insurance agent

SwisherSweetboySwisherSweetboy Member Posts: 563
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Probably should be underwriting some life insurance policies for this scumbag. Measured for a suit, a casket, etc.

Incredible. He ded.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He was cleared by an internal investigation of the crying cops.

Real law enforcement can use everything he says in a court of law

Let's get cracking
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He was cleared by an internal investigation of the crying cops.

Real law enforcement can use everything he says in a court of law

Let's get cracking

Waste of time as he’s just get pardoned
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,134
    edited August 2021
    Doogles said:

The comments are just... Wow.

Two realities and I don't see how we bridge that gap.

On this we agree, about the gap bridging thing.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,883
    Bob_C said:
    He saved countless lives because zero entails no counting.

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Oh thank God. He saved "countless" lives. He should be killing more people then.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,000
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wonder if he saved more lived than Derek Chauvin
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/aaronbabbitt-ashlibabbitt-michaelbyrd-killing/2021/08/26/id/1033962/

Recapping a tragic day where his Marine brothers were slaughtered in Afghanistan and the killer of his wife, Ashli Babbitt, revealed himself in an NBC News interview, widower Aaron Babbitt on Newsmax expressed his sorrow for the slain service members but said he has "no sympathy" for U.S. Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd.

"He was complaining that he's getting threats. Join the club, bud," Babbitt told Thursday's "Greg Kelly Reports." "I've been getting them since Jan. 7, and the only thing I did on Jan. 6 was become a widower, and I've had death threats and the most hateful crap thrown at me every single day, sometimes five or 10 a day, so I don't have sympathy in that aspect."

"I just wanted to say I, too, am a member of the Marine Corps, that legacy. So, like you, to lose those 11 Marines and that doctor today is just tragic, and now I've got to watch this interview.

"I'll see if my TV survives the night."

"The Capitol Police, they exonerated him [Byrd]. So did the DOJ, the D.C. Metro Police already called it 'good,' you know, 'it's fine,'" he said. "And then we're supposed to believe the secret police department that doesn't respond have to respond to [Freedom of Information Act] requests that it did an actual investigation that would hold water.

"Get the hell out of here, man."

Babbitt did have three issues with Byrd's interview remarks, including the officer's contradictory claims of what he saw or did not see. Byrd acknowledged that he saw nothing, but he fired anyway.

"He says that he couldn't fully see her hands, but he also didn't know what was in her backpack. Her hands were first, dude," Babbitt said. "So you couldn't see your hands, but you're worried about her backpack."

Babbitt also noted that Byrd said he could not hear what the protesters outside the chamber door were yelling, yet he asserted that his commands to stop before he fired should have been heard and heeded by Ashli Babbitt.

"He says he was screaming and yelling, his voice hurt so bad from yelling commands to stop," Aaron Babbitt continued. "But he says he couldn't understand what people were saying on the other side of the door. So how would they be expected to understand what you're saying, if you're yelling?"

Second, Byrd was yelling instructions through a mask, which Babbitt called negligent.

"l'll take it a step further: Take your damn mask off. He's more worried about dying from COVID than shooting my wife," Babbitt lamented, knowing the rules of engagement as a Marine Corps veteran.

"This is a life-or-death situation: You're about to use your firearm; take your mask off. She could have been deaf. You never know. You have no idea.

"At that point in time, take your mask off and voice your ..." Babbitt words's trailed off as he became emotional about the loss of his wife.

"So you can't be heard, you can't pull the trigger without issuing a warning, and I did not hear one."

"Another part of it was that had no idea what was on the other side of the door, but he still shot," Babbitt said. "If I worked with this guy, I'd be terrified to be around him."

Babbitt vowed to pursue justice for his late wife, despite the Justice Department's exoneration of Byrd and the NBC News' "soft guided" interview to reveal his identity.

"I'm just going to go with what I've said all along ... that I think that they have known it's been a bad shooting all this time," Babbitt concluded. "So they've kept him quiet and just tried to make it go away, but we're not going away."
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    What was Babbitt doing when she got shot? Running into the building?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Note as well the difference in the media treatment of family members and the people who have been shot if they survive. Jacob Blake was given a tongue bath by ABC News despite the fact he was wielding a knife and fighting with the police. This was supposedly a "good shoot" according to the DC police, but the guy who was fighting and wrestling with the cops at the Wendy's in Atlanta, who then took the taser away from the cop and was firing it at the cop when he was shot, those cops were both fired.

Unarmed woman who hasn't attacked anyone and isn't fighting with the cops deserved to be shot. Gentle Giant, he was a victim of White racism.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    The left isn't interested in actual police reform or holding bad shootings accountable

The only thing that matters is what they can use to promote their agenda.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,862

The left isn't interested in actual police reform or holding bad shootings accountable

The only thing that matters is what they can use to promote their agenda.

And killing conservatives.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I guess I don’t understand the mental gymnastics it takes to get yourself to a place where you call this guy a hero.

He panicked and shot/killed an unarmed 130lb woman who was crawling through a broken window.

Where’s the heroism?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,883
    thechatch said:

I guess I don’t understand the mental gymnastics it takes to get yourself to a place where you call this guy a hero.

He panicked and shot/killed an unarmed 130lb woman who was crawling through a broken window.

Where’s the heroism?

He saved democracy.
  • Options
    SwisherSweetboySwisherSweetboy Member Posts: 563
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Anyone know if Michael Byrd is still alive today? I wonder how they will get him. Any day now.