Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Time to Embarrass Yourself Again!!! Predict UW's 2021 team record!!!

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,575
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    9-4
    chuck said:

Bread said:

Who am I to disagree with Tim Otton? 2021 will be special
    I never bash the parents. Kids of parents might read these boreds.

If I were going to, I'd probably pick a fight with Sean McGrew's dad, not a tight end or lineman's.
    Isn't Pablo Escobar the father of McGrew?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    10-3

chuck said:

Bread said:

Who am I to disagree with Tim Otton? 2021 will be special
    I never bash the parents. Kids of parents might read these boreds.

If I were going to, I'd probably pick a fight with Sean McGrew's dad, not a tight end or lineman's.
    Isn't Pablo Escobar the father of McGrew?
    Bout time he starts boosting
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    12-2
    Anything less than winning the North and the Conference is a massive disappointment

With the way recruiting is trending, Jimmy needs to win and win quickly to either turn the recruiting momentum around (likely won't happen regardless) or position himself to jump to the NFL (leading to someone being hired that gives a shit about recruiting)
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,637
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    9-4
    Tequilla said:

Anything less than winning the North and the Conference is a massive disappointment

With the way recruiting is trending, Jimmy needs to win and win quickly to either turn the recruiting momentum around (likely won't happen regardless) or position himself to jump to the NFL (leading to someone being hired that gives a shit about recruiting)

Winning isn't going to be enough unless it continues for several years. Recruiting is obviously not something this staff is willing to emphasize.

If it were to happen and continue for 2-3 more years then I could see a pretty big effect in spite of it all.
  • Options
    12-2
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Winning isn't going to be enough unless it continues for several years. Recruiting is obviously not something this staff is willing to emphasize.

If it were to happen and continue for 2-3 more years then I could see a pretty big effect in spite of it all.
    I have little reason for recruiting optimism … it’s beyond depressing

2-3 strong years and Lake’s in the NFL
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,637
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    9-4
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

I have little reason for recruiting optimism … it’s beyond depressing

2-3 strong years and Lake’s in the NFL
    Yeah most likely.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,465
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    8-5
    Really interesting that this year's expectations are a bimodal distribution.

Only ever time that happened was between playoffs and NY6, so this is the first time there's been a split between high expectations and hopelessness among the bored.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    Swaye's Wigwam
    14-0 or 13-1

Only ever time that happened was between playoffs and NY6, so this is the first time there's been a split between high expectations and hopelessness among the bored.

The recruitnix are dangling from the Aurora bridge. Too much off season and not enough commitment endorphins

Hate to see it
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    10-3

The recruitnix are dangling from the Aurora bridge. Too much off season and not enough commitment endorphins

Hate to see it
    It’s possible to expect a good season this year and still think the program is going to trend downward over the next few years. Kind of like usc when they had Darnold but all the local talent in SoCal was leaving in droves to uw/Oregon and out of conference.

For this year my biggest concern is our run defense while playing our safeties 20 yards deep in a nickel base and our insisting on running in to a loaded box on offense. The talent is there to have a big year.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think we go 3-1 again.

My wife turned to me and said - so are they going to play this year or what?

What do I tell her?
    No
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    12-2
    Beat Michigan.

Lose to Stanford.

Beat the rest of the Pac.

Lose in the NY6/playoffs cause WASHINGTON, dammit.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    12-2

Why does anyone think this is an above average team? They were a generous (erroneous) spot vs OSU and Whittingham going not full retard away from being 1-3.

I believe the reasoning goes something like this

WINNERS WIN
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,321
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    9-4

Why does anyone think this is an above average team? They were a generous (erroneous) spot vs OSU and Whittingham going not full retard away from being 1-3.

As the founder of this campaign, what I've found is that people will still think the skwaad is "built to win" even after you present this argument 23 Tims. It turns out the existence of COVID and the absence from one game of a single receiver (who will be gone this coming season as well) and a former walk-on (albeit badass) OLB completely removes the predictive value of anything that happened in 2020. Similarly, my gaining of five pounds of beer gut in 2020 doesn't matter because COVID; 2021's a different year, so I might be totally shredded this fall. Can't wait to find out!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    14-0 or 13-1

Hate to see it
    It’s possible to expect a good season this year and still think the program is going to trend downward over the next few years. Kind of like usc when they had Darnold but all the local talent in SoCal was leaving in droves to uw/Oregon and out of conference.

For this year my biggest concern is our run defense while playing our safeties 20 yards deep in a nickel base and our insisting on running in to a loaded box on offense. The talent is there to have a big year.
    I'm not judging

I've been concerned about a downward trend for almost 30 years now. I was right

• Options
    12-2

It’s definitely the glass half empty way of looking

Young QB rising to the occasion … that’s not super common for UW

Biggest concern is slow starts and the staff getting out planned to start games … that can’t continue if the goal is to be P12 champs this year
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam