Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TJ Hall Jr, 2022 3* DB, Fresno (San Joaquin), CA (Jimmy this is your fault)

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Does anyone know if we? are/were his dream school?

Does not matter. We were Morrison dream school but he did not choose us,
    He actually did choose us and then Willup went on vacation and ND easily flipped him 2 days later
    did he really choose us?
    Yep. Word is that both he and Tafiti committed on their visits and we're flipped within days by ND and Stanford
    meh... that means literally nothing with this staff. Our layups turn into excruciating recruitments

just means jimmy and staff are so out of touch when they 'close' someone and cant keep em on the reel.

I dont know about tafiti. Sounds like he was waiting to get accepted to stanfurd and we were the backup.

Morrison is just an awful miss by terrence and whillup. No way we should have lost that. Whillup needs to go after losing a kid that wrote a letter to jimmy begging him to take him
    I don’t even think it’s true. Seems like dawgman drivel to me. And if all it took was not talking for a couple of days, we never had them to begin with.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We play a base Nickel and have a million DB's. Have 2-3 god athletes starting. Our corner is the best player in the mother fucking conference.

Wake me up when we deplete our talent and can't get guys.

The Roberts news is way worse than our inability to add a 30th fucking db in our scheme.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021

haie said:

We play a base Nickel and have a million DB's. Have 2-3 god athletes starting. Our corner is the best player in the mother fucking conference.

The Roberts news is way worse than our inability to add a 30th fucking db in our scheme.

This is always the strangest attitude to me.

How do you think we got all those guys? What do you think will happen in two years if our DB coaches keep recruiting like this? If we wake you up then it will be too late.
    We will say that we play base Nickel and have an elite developer HC and have a ton of open spots because a ton of our DBS just went to the NFL?

That's strange to you?

We did this in 2015 and our freshman/soph secondary wasn't the problem because of our scheme and focus.

I'm worried about DL/ILB.

Not DB. But then again I'm not retarded.

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

He actually did choose us and then Willup went on vacation and ND easily flipped him 2 days later
    did he really choose us?
    Yep. Word is that both he and Tafiti committed on their visits and we're flipped within days by ND and Stanford
    meh... that means literally nothing with this staff. Our layups turn into excruciating recruitments

just means jimmy and staff are so out of touch when they 'close' someone and cant keep em on the reel.

I dont know about tafiti. Sounds like he was waiting to get accepted to stanfurd and we were the backup.

Morrison is just an awful miss by terrence and whillup. No way we should have lost that. Whillup needs to go after losing a kid that wrote a letter to jimmy begging him to take him
    DM to Jimmy : You see, you know how to *take* the commitment, you just don't know how to *hold* the commitment. And that's really the most important part of the commitment: the holding. Anybody can just take commits.
    One of my faves
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

did he really choose us?

DM to Jimmy : You see, you know how to *take* the commitment, you just don't know how to *hold* the commitment. And that's really the most important part of the commitment: the holding. Anybody can just take commits.
    Quite possibly the best Seinfeld reference this hellhole has ever seen.

POTW
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    edited August 2021
    haie said:

haie said:

How do you think we got all those guys? What do you think will happen in two years if our DB coaches keep recruiting like this? If we wake you up then it will be too late.
    We will say that we play base Nickel and have an elite developer HC and have a ton of open spots because a ton of our DBS just went to the NFL?

That's strange to you?

We did this in 2015 and our freshman/soph secondary wasn't the problem because of our scheme and focus.

As more time passes and we realize how good those 2014 and 2015 recruiting classes were, and how subsequent classes were unable to fully replicate that level of success (despite the higher rankings), it's become that much clearer just how big of outliers those classes were.

But sure, I suppose we can put all of our stock in the blind hope that that unlikely scenario repeats and that losing every significant recruiting battle doesn't matter. All while the guy who actually architected the previous successful strategy and closed most of those recruits is no longer in the building.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

haie said:

You mean our corner who was ranked 61st overall in his class and was closer to being a 5 star than being outside the top 100, that corner?

Great point. DB recruiting doesn't matter.
    We got slick Jimmy in charge, who needs DBs anyways
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

That's strange to you?

Christ.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,956
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I’m hearing if jimmy wins 10 games recruiting is fixed and it doesn’t foreshadow the future performance at all.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m hearing if jimmy wins 10 games recruiting is fixed and it doesn’t foreshadow the future performance at all.

Alabama pitch..."we just won the national championship and our reserve QB is making 7 figures."

UW pitch..."we won 11, nearly came back and made a game of it in the Rose Bowl, and have a sweet deal for free Dicks Delux burgers if you're a fat ass."

Yep, just win 10 and an Alamo Bowl Jimmy. You won't have to lift a finger to garner top 40 classes afterward.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    I love this new narrative that's evolving. Winning 10+ as an unproven, first-year head coach doesn't even matter.

Y'all need help.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I love this new narrative that's evolving. Winning 10+ as an unproven, first-year head coach doesn't even matter.

Y'all need help.

Don't be a tool. That's not the narrative.
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Y'all need help.

The above statements are getting dangerously close. That's why I said it's still evolving.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Y'all need help.

The above statements are getting dangerously close. That's why I said it's still evolving.
    It's evolving just like Jimmy winning 10+ is evolving...only in hypothetical land.
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Y'all need help.

It's evolving just like Jimmy winning 10+ is evolving...only in hypothetical land.
    Sounds like we should play the games and see what happens.