Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How long of a leash will Jimmy get?

2»

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    thechatch said:

For reference, since Jimmy….like Helfrich…is following a very successful coach in Chris Petersen:

- 2013 11-2 PAC12n Champion Alamo Bowl W

- 2014 13-2 PAC12 Champion Rose Bowl W NCG appearance

- 2015 9-4 Alamo Bowl L

- 2016 4-8 Helfrich Fired

False equivalency.

Chip had that program way above what Pete ever had UW at.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,607
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    sark could pull in some studs but had holes a mile wide in his team layering, and could not recruit offensive lineman to save his life.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Sark whiffed too

And sucked

Jimmy will be DC at Bama in 2 years then get the head job at Auburn

Cook it?
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Helfrich's last year and epically bad defense made it easy (w/ 70-21 being the nail) for Oregon to pull the pin.

I also think they are much more serious about being a CFB school then we are.

UW is on the west side of Washington State AND specifically in Seattle.

Lake's leash is very very long.

It Ty got 4 years, Jimmy gets 6 minimum.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,668
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

I mean, what else can they be serious about?

Being the best school in Oregon? That was never going to happen and Phil can't make it happen before he dies.

Being the best football program in Oregon?

Phil tried that but they're still 0fer and even with the new rules they're pumping a player who couldn't do shit against Beavlet and Cal when it counted.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

godawgst said:

Being the best school in Oregon? That was never going to happen and Phil can't make it happen before he dies.

Phil tried that but they're still 0fer and even with the new rules they're pumping a player who couldn't do shit against Beavlet and Cal when it counted.

With Phil/Nike and now NIL Oregon is one of the handful of schools that can put packages together that will put them over the top when it comes to the JTT's of the world committing to them.

At Oregon, the school and AD will celebrate and trumpet that advantage.

Here (even if we had a whale or group of businesses/donors that could/would put something like that together) it will be hush hush so as not to rangle the masses so to speak.

This is why the Athletic Article about which is the better HC job between UW was so interesting to me. I don't think it's clear cut our way at all, and if your a coach who looks at the job from strictly a mercenary standpoint (there to win first last middle w/ lip service to the kids, school experience, etc etc ie Saban) Eugene is the place to go.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2021
    haie said:

godawgst said:

UO at best is 2nd in the state of Oregon (I go off the actual scoreboard)

At best….haven’t seen Portland State play so am withholding judgment
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

With Phil/Nike and now NIL Oregon is one of the handful of schools that can put packages together that will put them over the top when it comes to the JTT's of the world committing to them.

At Oregon, the school and AD will celebrate and trumpet that advantage.

Here (even if we had a whale or group of businesses/donors that could/would put something like that together) it will be hush hush so as not to rangle the masses so to speak.

This is why the Athletic Article about which is the better HC job between UW was so interesting to me. I don't think it's clear cut our way at all, and if your a coach who looks at the job from strictly a mercenary standpoint (there to win first last middle w/ lip service to the kids, school experience, etc etc ie Saban) Eugene is the place to go.
    Despite everything you posted, a bunch of ADs and coaches still think Washington is a better job.

I think it's *kind of* close with Phil/Nike, but there's a lot of reasons to shirk shoe brands and mediocre education and faking utopia in fucking Eugene, Fucking Oregon.

So there's a lot more to it than your argument, *with respect*
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,607
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I think it totally depends on the business model tht is in play at both schools. NIL and the rising perception of cash flow for students is a real game changer... above board and obvious cash flow for students is now a reality. Think about being 18 and getting 100,000 a year to play for a school that is a player on the national scene while you chase the dream of good looking girls, parties and the progression of becoming a pro player.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think it totally depends on the business model tht is in play at both schools. NIL and the rising perception of cash flow for students is a real game changer... above board and obvious cash flow for students is now a reality. Think about being 18 and getting 100,000 a year to play for a school that is a player on the national scene while you chase the dream of good looking girls, parties and the progression of becoming a pro player.

My hope is that it balances everything out more in the long run.

It's financially irresponsible for Alabama and anyone else to give all their players the same benefits, when guys don't work out at a high clip.

Even cuoglet and beavlet should be able attract some player who can be the focus and get more going there than getting some base package at a larger school.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

thechatch said:

For reference, since Jimmy….like Helfrich…is following a very successful coach in Chris Petersen:

- 2015 9-4 Alamo Bowl L

False equivalency.

Pressing. You don't need to try so hard to quook everytime you reply.There doesn't need to be an equivalency in order to compare and there isn't. It's a relatuve comparison.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,723

Zach Banner (sorry Zach! Still had to play for him), Josh Garnett, Jake Heaps

As badly as Jimmy fucked up the 2021 in-state class, Sark's double header in '12 and '13 was legendary. Banner, Garnett, Browne. All 5 stars. All gone. Russell, Jack, Dozier, and Mattingly. Whiff. We managed to corral fucking Jeff Lindquist and Sean Constantine.
    Yeah holy shit is thechatch for real? It’s amazing how Sark’s recruiting legend continues to this day when it was manufactured bullshit.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,723

sark could pull in some studs but had holes a mile wide in his team layering, and could not recruit offensive lineman to save his life.

You are correct his classes had no depth but his “studs” were also usually highly overrated. He maybe beat USC once but I don’t remember it.

Petersen was a better recruiter by far despite Sark’s staff (especially v2.0) being built around recruiting g.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    biak1 said:

Mattingly. Idoit

He didn't say he was an idiot, he said he was being an idiot.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

As badly as Jimmy fucked up the 2021 in-state class, Sark's double header in '12 and '13 was legendary. Banner, Garnett, Browne. All 5 stars. All gone. Russell, Jack, Dozier, and Mattingly. Whiff. We managed to corral fucking Jeff Lindquist and Sean Constantine.
    Yeah holy shit is thechatch for real? It’s amazing how Sark’s recruiting legend continues to this day when it was manufactured bullshit.
    He's an Oregon fan so he eats bullshit daily. The stench doesn't even phase him anymore.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Think of Phil or his estate selling half of one percent of his Nike Stock every year and offering 1 million to every fb/bb recruit, Giving them 500k, and investing the other 500k in a Index fund that if not touched until the recruit is 62 would be worth 15 million dollars.

That's where NIL is heading and where the real money is at. Names on Jerseys and selling autographs along with doing a car dealership meet and greet is nice, but it's going to be assets under management and how big a endowment fund you have to entice the athletes with that will be the differentiator going forward.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042

Kaepsknee said:

thechatch said:

- 2015 9-4 Alamo Bowl L

False equivalency.

Sub Browning for Mariota and UW plungers every Oregon team.
    Are you serious?

Sub Michael Jordan for Sam Bowie, think what the Blazers could have become.

• Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    haie said:

He's an Oregon fan so he eats bullshit daily. The stench doesn't even phase him anymore.
    Classic Doog shit poasting courtesy of the Class of 2010.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

Smells great!