Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Caleb Presley, 2023 4* CB (Eastside Catholic) (COMMITTED)

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

"Washington is still in pursuit and I told coach Juice (Julius Brown) I would give him a chance to show me he can bring back DBU to Washington," said Presley. "I would say it was a great first impression. I enjoyed watching Washington beat Michigan State. I think what stood out the most were the fans in the stadium. The game was packed out. I wasn’t expecting to see that much purple. I could tell the fans were die hard dawg fans and even came up to me to say what's up."

This is one where we'd be confidently sitting back and waiting for Petersen/Lake to flip him a few years ago. It seems possible still as long as performance by the current corners isn't the linch pin.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

"Washington is still in pursuit and I told coach Juice (Julius Brown) I would give him a chance to show me he can bring back DBU to Washington," said Presley. "I would say it was a great first impression. I enjoyed watching Washington beat Michigan State. I think what stood out the most were the fans in the stadium. The game was packed out. I wasn’t expecting to see that much purple. I could tell the fans were die hard dawg fans and even came up to me to say what's up."

This is one where we'd be confidently sitting back and waiting for Petersen/Lake to flip him a few years ago. It seems possible still as long as performance by the current corners isn't the linch pin.
    I don't know why the current performance of the corners wouldn't be a selling point.
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 701
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

I don't know why the current performance of the corners wouldn't be a selling point.
    Current performance is "I can see the field early if I ball"

I thought Meesh cleaned it up a bit and he's always solid in run support. We survived Asa being out. No Spartans TD were uncontested. Irvin flashed ..his confidence is rising. We still need quality depth
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022

chuck said:

I got that from his own words, something about UW becoming DB U again, which I took to mean that he needs to see quality cornerback play or at least improvement.

I agree with the concept though. A good HS corner should expect to come in and start if the ones at UW suck, which could be a draw.

chuck said:

Current performance is "I can see the field early if I ball"

I thought Meesh cleaned it up a bit and he's always solid in run support. We survived Asa being out. No Spartans TD were uncontested. Irvin flashed ..his confidence is rising. We still need quality depth
    Powell had a decent game and tsckled way better, ilk give him that. I also think Irvin might be the best corner on the team right now and it's not because if the pick. He is bigger, faster, tackles better and has better ball skills than the others...I think. But then again I've been waiting years for the chance to say "I told you so" after he's been universally ripped and dismissed here. My eagerness probably means I'm wrong.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Still waiting for one of these Eastside Catholic players to do anything
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

That is definitely not what she said

This may be the one #GrundleGifSkin to rule them all.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

That is definitely not what she said

This may be the one #GrundleGifSkin to rule them all.
    It's too big to tweet

REAL grumble did better
    All you have to do is right click on the gif in imgur, "save as video" and your computer will likely even just auto save it as an mp4...

You literally just save it and upload it as an MP4 and Twitter will auto size and convert it as needed...

Oh look here is me tweeting the gif out without doing anything other than right clicking...

How in the fuck did your generation discover gold in California?

Boom roasted

• dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

dtd said:

Saving a spot for Troy Franklin, no matter what.
    Package deal with Josh Conerly Jr.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dtd said:

Eklund suggested that they might "move away" from 2 or 3 kids who are currently committed.

They do have a couple guys who seem like they were reaches and they could do better if they continue winning
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428

dtd said:

Eklund suggested that they might "move away" from 2 or 3 kids who are currently committed.

They do have a couple guys who seem like they were reaches and they could do better if they continue winning
    I'll believe it when I see it.

With the portal, it's easier to take more kids per class, give them a chance with coaching and training, and if they're not seeing the field, let them portal to make more room

I doubt they'd try to part ways with anyone committed given the landscape now
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dtd said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

With the portal, it's easier to take more kids per class, give them a chance with coaching and training, and if they're not seeing the field, let them portal to make more room

I doubt they'd try to part ways with anyone committed given the landscape now
    That combined with the fact that they can take a few more than expected in the recruiting class while "suggesting" to more of the duds on the roster that they should "move on" through the portal. In the case of DB's there are several who got passed up by true freshman Javion Green already