Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    They both have been in the program for 3 years and haven't done anything. HTH.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gotta make room for the PWOs
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Ty Jones and Puka were the losses. It’s just depth at this point. UW can’t afford any injury to that unit.

I love Ballz saying it’s still the best WR unit in the North.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,446
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

Ty Jones and Puka were the losses. It’s just depth at this point. UW can’t afford any injury to that unit.

Puka drops wide open passes on 3rd down. Next.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    1. Those guys suck so it’s not really a loss.

2. This is a run the damn ball type of offense so they think they can suck slightly less elsewhere where it’s a non run the damn ball type of situation.

3. I’m too lazy to go through old threads to find the hot ballz takes explaining how awesome they will be but I’m sure they’re fantastic reading.
  • Options
    haie said:

lawsandl said:

Lol. Okay, bud.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2021
    lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

Lol. Okay, bud.
    You can watch the replays if you want and see for yourself.

Just because he burns Oregon and Arizona dbs doesn't mean he's good.

Can't play power 5 if you drop uncontested balls. He transferred to BYU.
  • Options

2. This is a run the damn ball type of offense so they think they can suck slightly less elsewhere where it’s a non run the damn ball type of situation.

3. I’m too lazy to go through old threads to find the hot ballz takes explaining how awesome they will be but I’m sure they’re fantastic reading.

Pretty sure their recruitments predated Ballz. There were a lot of people dooging over them on the TBS bored though, myself chincluded.

• Options
    haie said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

Lol. Okay, bud.

Your entire WR unit dropped passes. It was a truncated season and the timing of your entire offense was off including Morris and ball placement.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Also, players break out all the time. Johnny Johnson had a horrific drop problem he solved. You are rationalizing these losses. In today’s game, you have to be able to throw the ball.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Pretty sure their recruitments predated Ballz. There were a lot of people dooging over them on the TBS bored though, myself chincluded.

It's obvious. With Pete's offense they recruited a lot of finesses guys to try and replace Ross and Pettis who are relied upon in the vaunted shit tier RNG scheme. They never got a guy that could do everything for various reasons. Fuller and Ty just couldn't do it.

Now they want to be run heavy and have a Stanford like wr room. Most of those previous guys don't have the frame nor the mentality to be block first, jump ball receivers.

They want one fast slot guy obviously (Jalen) but other than that there was always going to be turnover because of the change in offensive philosophy.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    haie said:

dnc said:

It's obvious. With Pete's offense they recruited a lot of finesses guys to try and replace Ross and Pettis who are relied upon in the vaunted shit tier RNG scheme. They never got a guy that could do everything for various reasons. Fuller and Ty just couldn't do it.

Now they want to be run heavy and have a Stanford like wr room. Most of those previous guys don't have the frame nor the mentality to be block first, jump ball receivers.

They want one fast slot guy obviously (Jalen) but other than that there was always going to be turnover because of the change in offensive philosophy.
    Yeah this is completely wrong. They aren't recruiting kids to be block first wideouts. They want to run-run-run-throw deep. They want receivers who are both big and can get behind the defense. Ty Jones was easier the best blocker they had in the WR room and he stepped down a level because he's getting passed by kids who can get deep.

And Jalen is an outside receiver, he's not going to be in the slot.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,560
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    lawsandl said:

Also, players break-out all the time. Johnny Johnson had an horrific drop problem he solved. You are rationalizing these losses. In today’s game, you have to be able to throw the ball.

I agree with you ~ there is no way to rationalize the drop-off in talent in the UW WR group through transfers except to say that this is a complete fail on the part of the offensive coaches to coach and develop, and the current trajectory of the program as a black hole event.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

haie said:

dnc said:

Yeah this is completely wrong. They aren't recruiting kids to be block first wideouts. They want to run-run-run-throw deep. They want receivers who are both big and can get behind the defense. Ty Jones was easier the best blocker they had in the WR room and he stepped down a level because he's getting passed by kids who can get deep.

Our wr coach has said "No Block No Rock" but OK!

And who gives a shit if Jalen will take *some snaps* outside? He is the finesse receiver who will be in the slot primarily if it's not a tweener rb, but the rest have to be physical blocking types in this offense. And yes to your point they have to also be able to stretch defenses.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2021
    lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

Lol. Okay, bud.

Your entire WR unit dropped passes. It was a truncated season and the timing of your entire offense was off including Morris and ball placement.
    Oh, okay quook.

Fuck off
  • Options
    haie said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

Lol. Okay, bud.

Oh, okay quook.

Fuck off
    If you can’t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

There is no way your staff is running this many players off. Also, until you have Julio Jones, you make the best out of what you have. Puka is a damn fine player and capable of blocking and being an explosive player. Ty Jones was also good.

There’s nothing good about having 6/7 schollie WRs. It hurts the reps of everyone in the 2’s and 3’s.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2021
    lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

Lol. Okay, bud.

Oh, okay quook.

Fuck off

There is no way your staff is running this many players off. Also, until you have Julio Jones, you make the best out of what you have. Puka is a damn fine player and capable of blocking and being an explosive player. Ty Jones was also good.

There’s nothing good about having 6/7 schollie WRs. It hurts the reps of everyone in the 2’s and 3’s.
    I can't take the heat. lol.

Quooks think Puka is awesome because he took a routine 8 yard completion to the fucking house against an overrated secondary.

He did the same thing to Arizona 2 years in a row.

But I know how you guys show a lot of respect to Arizona because they beat the best team in your school's history, at home, with a single player named Scooby.
  • Options
    haie said:

dnc said:

haie said:

dnc said:

And who gives a shit if Jalen will take *some snaps* outside? He is the finesse receiver who will be in the slot primarily if it's not a tweener rb, but the rest have to be physical blocking types in this offense. And yes to your point they have to also be able to stretch defenses.
    He's not going to be primarily in the slot.

"No block no rock" might be an in house but it's not what they're primarily looking for in receivers and it's certainly not why their easily best blocking receiver peaced the fuck out.
  • Options
    haie said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

Lol. Okay, bud.

Oh, okay quook.

Fuck off

I can't take the heat. lol.

Quooks think Puka is awesome because he took a routine 8 yard completion to the fucking house against an overrated secondary.

He did the same thing to Arizona 2 years in a row.

But I know how you guys show a lot of respect to Arizona because they beat the best team in your school's history, at home, with a single player named Scooby.
    Puka has so much football ahead of him, lol. He’s barely getting started. He will be a good receiver.

Good luck, Haie. My ass would be puckered that no WRs sustain any kind of injury.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

haie said:

dnc said:

haie said:

dnc said:

He's not going to be primarily in the slot.

"No block no rock" might be an in house but it's not what they're primarily looking for in receivers and it's certainly not why their easily best blocking receiver peaced the fuck out.
    Jones wasn't their best blocking receiver. He had the frame for it which is why the coaches were frustrated that he was so averse to it on film.

Which is why he's at Fresno now.