Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ben Roberts, 2022 4* DT, (East HS), UT (probably oreGONE)

Comments

• Options
    GhostofMosster47GhostofMosster47 Member Posts: 68
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    hardhat said:

hardhat said:

This will be the third poly athlete that UW has lost because other schools are stalking their family members.

You realize that the loser schools for the kids we sign have the same stories right?
    Not sure we've offered parents money or family members a path to citizenship.
    Sounds like loser talk to me.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

hardhat said:

This will be the third poly athlete that UW has lost because other schools are stalking their family members.

You realize that the loser schools for the kids we sign have the same stories right?
    I'd be encouraged to hear a story of how UW pushed the limits of ethical recruitment (or at least was accused of such). I find it unlikely but not impossible. Got any you can share?
    Hold on now haie’s OP was just about influencing family members not paying them.

Every recruitment that comes down to the wire has different parties in the camp favoring different schools. I’m sure ASU still complains about Byron Murphy and various schools complained about Puka.

We just only remember the excuses for the ones we lose.
    @hardhat's gonna have a lot of hate in his life if you keep calling him @haie
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,118
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

His dad pushing him to Oregon isn't helping.

Gee I wonder why that might be.

This shit is fucking surreal.

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

hardhat said:

hardhat said:

Can confirm no money offered to parents. But I was offered a hummer from a middle-aged-overweight-dude with a nacho fetish. That's got be worth something right?
    @CfettersNachoLover how was it?
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    edited August 2021
    This coaching staff is garbage. When will Lake figure out he sucks? He has one of the best WR recruits in the country in his backyard but he wears a double douche run the damn ball hat. Fuck him and fuck this staff.
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

hardhat said:

hardhat said:

Can confirm no money offered to parents. But I was offered a hummer from a middle-aged-overweight-dude with a nacho fetish. That's got be worth something right?
    New board motto?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,487
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Coaching staffs have been saying for 10 years now that they can do much better at UW than Sark and Pete have.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Coaching staffs have been saying for 10 years now that they can do much better at UW than Sark and Pete have.

This one needs a big fucking "HUH?" vote option.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited August 2021
    Is it promising that Roberts visited O last weekend and hasn't decommitted yet? Didn't Smells flip somewhere around the day after his O visit?

I can't even imagine the discussions that are going on behind this recruitment right now. To be a fly on the wall... Here's to hoping that Jimmy and co. are whipping out the biggest firehose they can find.

Ben, if you're reading this, for the love of Jesse Christopher Almighty, don't do it. This one would shatter me and that's really difficult to do. Something something Christmas trees and Ben Roberts jerseys.

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dman did a pod with Cooper Petegna who said they never went after the same players as duck. Even went so far to say they wouldn't pursue them if they showed interest because they could tell they wouldn't be a fit.

So now Jimmy is going after the same guys but just losing them all?
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,107
    edited August 2021
    Canadawg said:

Dman did a pod with Cooper Petegna who said they never went after the same players as duck. Even went so far to say they wouldn't pursue them if they showed interest because they could tell they wouldn't be a fit.

So now Jimmy is going after the same guys but just losing them all?

I think you have your order messed up. The ducks go after almost EVERY player that we do.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,487
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

You didn't know that? It was even brought up just this year.

Harbaugh and Chip started it.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

You didn't know that? It was even brought up just this year.

Harbaugh and Chip started it.
    "You didn't know that?" guys are the best.

Must have missed that one.

• Options
    ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited August 2021
    Why do dads of Brown kids dislike a university who had a mantra of OKG, and selectively recruited certain players who didn’t fit a mold to a predominately white university. The fact people don’t understand the cultural issues with OKG still baffles me.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ATLDawg said:

Why do dads of Brown kids dislike a university who had a mantra of OKG, and selectively recruited certain players who didn’t fit a mold to a predominately white university. The fact people don’t understand the cultural issues with OKG still baffles me.

Go fuck yourself. And die doing it.
  • Options
    ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Because recruiting starts when they are Juniors, recruiting is a 3-4 year process but your response is typical the past doesn’t matter regarding it’s just weird that minority fathers don’t fuk with UW. It’s coincidence