Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Quuuaaaccckkk

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited March 2021 in Duck Refuge

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021

Even though he is only a 3 star he held offers from about 20 Division 1 schools including Arkansas Arizona State, Colorado, Virginia, Utah, Ole Miss, Maryland and USC
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    DJDuck said:

Even though he is only a 3 star he held offers from about 20 Division 1 schools including Arkansas Arizona State, Colorado, Virginia, Utah, Ole Miss, Maryland and USC

So a bunch of B and C tier programs and USC.

Was the SC offer committable? We'll probably never know.
  • Options
    As usual Debbie Downer the 1st to scurry up to put her usual negative spin on things. 😂
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Sure fool. You don’t know what the term means moron. 😂😂😂

Pardon me you little whining bitch. I’ll rely on the coaches that built this team rather than a ankle biting complainer that always looks too whine about everything and denigrate.
  • Options
    Props to QB11 from TOS

6’ 175 WR

Lancaster, TX

“There have been trends with Oregon WR recruiting over the last 5-6 years. Almost like the swings of a pendulum there have been two extremes. The small compact slot possession WR (ie. Mycah Pittman type) and the huge 6’5 outside WR (Devon Williams type). It wasn’t until the commitment of Troy Franklin in the 2021 class that Oregon secured its first WR with serious skillset versatility and a more well-rounded game.

Johnson follows in that mold.

At 6-foot-1 he’s not the longest WR to ever come to Oregon but he has exceptional length and range. Long arms paired with excellent timing and athletic body control make for a large strike zone. His short area quickness and fluidity allow for him to create huge separation on release, in the stem of his route and at the break. Johnson has good but not elite long speed which is exaggerated by his exceptional body control and pacing.

Post-catch he’s one of the most explosive ball carriers we’ve seen recently. He displays exceptional vision and instincts. Setting up defenders and using his twitch and elusiveness to make guys miss on the move. He’s comfortable in tight areas, tracking the ball well when covered and showing good timing to pluck the ball.

Johnson is the quintessential fully dimensional WR. He has speed, quickness, good size, length, excellent ball skills and run instincts which have me really excited. Johnson reminds me a lot of ex-USC WR Robert Woods in regards to his frame and how he uses body control and quickness to create space. Yards after the catch are an exciting proposition for an offense that certainly needs to be more explosive in the passing game to take the next step.

Huge pick up out of the Lone Star State for the Ducks.“
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Maybe you know more than this poster that you are basing your comments on. I don’t think so. You are completely ignorant when it comes to Johnson.

We all know little people like you. You get a hate on for someone, in your case me, and the first thing that comes into your mind is........“DJ just posted something positive about the Ducks”. “I need to attack him and the content of his post to make him look bad and prop myself up”.

You know I’m right. Nefarious nuts like you are all over. It’s pathetic really. You and your ilk would rather be mean and snarky rather than have a substantive conversation on sports.
  • Options
    “Adding to the intrigue, Johnson is close to Under Armour All-American and five-star offensive tackle Kelvin Banks, who intends to visit Eugene this summer.

Shortly after Johnson’s decision, Banks hinted at an on-field reunion at the college level“-Andrew Nemec The Oregonian

• Options
    DJDuck said:

Maybe you know more than this poster that you are basing your comments on. I don’t think so. You are completely ignorant when it comes to Johnson.

We all know little people like you. You get a hate on for someone, in your case me, and the first thing that comes into your mind is........“DJ just posted something positive about the Ducks”. “I need to attack him and the content of his post to make him look bad and prop myself up”.

You know I’m right. Nefarious nuts like you are all over. It’s pathetic really. You and your ilk would rather be mean and snarky rather than have a substantive conversation on sports.

I said literally nothing about this recruit. I did say that Arkansas, Arizona State, Colorado, Virginia, Utah, Ole Miss, Maryland are B and C programs. Why don't you respond to what I actually said instead of throwing an Alzheimers fit about a bunch of shit you're imagining I said?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

DJDuck said:

I said literally nothing about this recruit. I did say that Arkansas, Arizona State, Colorado, Virginia, Utah, Ole Miss, Maryland are B and C programs. Why don't you respond to what I actually said instead of throwing an Alzheimers fit about a bunch of shit you're imagining I said?
    Compare Washington to those same B and C programs. Any difference?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

Washington has won it's conference multiple times since any of those programs did. Also made the CFP unlike everyone on that list. Also been in New Years Day games far more recently than any of them. Otherwise excellent point.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DJDuck said:

Props to QB11 from TOS

6’ 175 WR

Lancaster, TX

“There have been trends with Oregon WR recruiting over the last 5-6 years. Almost like the swings of a pendulum there have been two extremes. The small compact slot possession WR (ie. Mycah Pittman type) and the huge 6’5 outside WR (Devon Williams type). It wasn’t until the commitment of Troy Franklin in the 2021 class that Oregon secured its first WR with serious skillset versatility and a more well-rounded game.

Johnson follows in that mold.

At 6-foot-1 he’s not the longest WR to ever come to Oregon but he has exceptional length and range. Long arms paired with excellent timing and athletic body control make for a large strike zone. His short area quickness and fluidity allow for him to create huge separation on release, in the stem of his route and at the break. Johnson has good but not elite long speed which is exaggerated by his exceptional body control and pacing.

Post-catch he’s one of the most explosive ball carriers we’ve seen recently. He displays exceptional vision and instincts. Setting up defenders and using his twitch and elusiveness to make guys miss on the move. He’s comfortable in tight areas, tracking the ball well when covered and showing good timing to pluck the ball.

Johnson is the quintessential fully dimensional WR. He has speed, quickness, good size, length, excellent ball skills and run instincts which have me really excited. Johnson reminds me a lot of ex-USC WR Robert Woods in regards to his frame and how he uses body control and quickness to create space. Yards after the catch are an exciting proposition for an offense that certainly needs to be more explosive in the passing game to take the next step.

Huge pick up out of the Lone Star State for the Ducks.“

QB11 is yore source?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    But ultimately we all know you were denigrating this recruits worth by stating that the programs that were offering him scholarships weren’t top tier so he must not be that great. You are so cowardly you can’t even own the meaning of your own words. You are a loser and a weasel. You should spend your time on a husky oriented forum worrying about your shitty recruiting classes.

Last year was a complete disaster. This year with all of the great prospects in Washington you guys should be killing it. You aren’t and you won’t. I like Johnson. He looks like a playmaker. With his commitment we have taken our usual spot as #1 recruiting class in the PAC 12 and also #11 in the country. Your opinions are ignorant and motivated by hate.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

Washington has won it's conference multiple times since any of those programs did. Also made the CFP unlike everyone on that list. Also been in New Years Day games far more recently than any of them. Otherwise excellent point.
    And yet no one considers them to be anything other than a B program on the national scale. Nationally, Washington isn't seen as a better program than Utah, and Utah has been far more competitive than Washington when it comes to BCS games. They even have a much more recent Washington style national championship than Washington.

NCAA gives the ‘08 Utes credit as national champions

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-utes/2018/08/27/ncaa-gives-utes-credit/

Face it, you're also rans.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I like the speed
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

Guess who offered him and is an A lister?

Oregon.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I like the speed

Kids are calling it by its brand name Adderall these days.